Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 26, 2008

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and all the beds comfortable including the the sofa bed. My travelling group was comprised of my mother, daughter, 2 grandkids (2.5 yrs and 4 mos.) and me. We found the breakfast adequate with plenty of variety. We would certainly stay there again. Probably the only "con" was the small bathroom. When you closed the door, it scraped the edge of the toilet as it went by. Pros: restaurants within walking distance, friendly staff, Borders and ice cream store next door.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2008

Hyatt Place Louisville East in Louisville, KY is tucked away in a quiet area a few miles from the interstate. This hotel was clean and comfortable, the front desk clerk even took our bags up to our room. There are lots of chain hotels on the same road, but they are all up close to the highway dotted among restaurants and gas stations, the Hyatt is less than a mile from all these places and sits right next to a small shopping center with additional restaurants. We never heard a sound outside our window all night long. This is a great place to stay with VERY reasonable rates.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2008

We just got back from a family wedding in Louisville, Kentucky. We stayed at Hyatt Place Louisville - East . This hotel is very beautiful. The rooms are very large and every part of the hotel was extremely clean. Our room had two double beds plus a sleep sofa. It also had a wet bar and a plasma tv. The beds have a pillow top and are very comfortable. They also have a free continental breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly and extremely accommodating. We were very impressed.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We stayed at this Hyatt for the Kentucky Derby weekend.
The room was large with a comfortable bed, big screen plasma TV, refrigerator and sink.
The living area had a sofa and work table with chair.
Overall, the room was clean and well maintained.
The biggest asset is the staff. They were all helpful and pleasant and really seemed to care that we were taken care of.
The fitness room has two treadmills and two recumbent bikes.
I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derby1Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2008

In all honesty, this is a fairly typical Hyatt Place. The things you may have heard about the chain are just as true at this location -- the bathrooms are small, the breakfast is meager unless you want to pay for something extra -- but at the same time, the bed is comfortable, there's a large living area, and a 40+" television with numerous channels in HD, plus access -- if you want to pay -- to DIRECTV sports packages (like NBA Full Court, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.) The chain often offers specials to come in for the NFL games, with early check in.

The real plus for this particular location is its location. It is right next to a Barnes & Noble bookstore so there is something within walking distance to go enjoy...also two great restaurants (Amerigo & Carrabba's) are also within walking distance. And...the hotel is nowhere near the interstate so it is quiet!

Only reason I did not give a 5 rating was the small bathroom and the smoky smell in the hallway of a non-smoking floor.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank spade7
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I love this hotel. I stayed in a Hyatt Place previously in Northern Kentucky during a time when they were renovating. I fell in love with the hotel then. Since that time anytime we are traveling, I look for this hotel.
My family and I stayed here in December for a weekend. It is a fabulous place to stay. Very comfortable, clean and the customer service is wonderful. We got hungry late one night and went downstairs and the gentleman at the front desk made us a couple of pizzas. Wonderful.
We are going to stay this weekend at this hotel in L-ville and I can't wait. My children love it. I am excited.
I recommend this hotel for all who want to stay somewhere really nice and really nice prices.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2007

The lobby area of the Hyatt Place is beautiful...there's a breakfast area, a "grab and go" area with fresh food, baked goods, and drinks, check in kiosks, multiple lounge areas and a check in counter that's more like a customer service desk. The staff is fantastic...extremely polite and friendly.

The rooms have nice furniture (couch, rolling ottoman, bed, built ins in the closet and in the walls), but it's missing a few things. First of all, there's no desk. I'm sitting cross legged on my couch right now tapping this out with my computer on the ottoman. It's a little strange. There is a bar area just next to the door with a counter, bar sink, and fridge, but there is no counter at all in the bathroom (see my photos taken with my Blackberry). I can hear most of what happens in the bathroom of the room next to mine. It seems a little cheap...that is, until you check out the TV area. They have large, flatscreen LG HDTVs (I'm watching the World Series right now and it's great!) and an input for virtually any sort of media plug you could come up with (again, see pictures).

This is a good, little place for a quick stay, but I'd say some business travelers might be a little annoyed if they want to do work in their room.

The surrounding area is a typical commercial area...lots of strip malls around with plenty of places to eat and shop in the area. We're just off I-64, so it's easy to get into downtown Louisville, too.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business