“Nice Hotel in Louisville”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Mississippi
“Nice Hotel in Louisville”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and were extremely pleased. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. This hotel is located close to quite a few restaurants and shopping is near by. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Henderson, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Being a HHonors member I gravitate to their chains, but I REALLY enjoy Hyatt Place locations/ With that said I chose this location for being a HP, and for its local proximity to other restaurants, etc.

On checkin, I had pre reserved a king room as usual but was asked if I would mind taking a two double bed room "because we're low on King rooms". I'm 6'4 and I need that extra bed space however I begrudgingly told them I would take a double. Big mistake because the length of the double had my feet hanging over. My mistake for folding. And also no other concessions were offered- no bottle of water, no discount, nothing,.

The real fail if traveling for business is the extremely (I mean extremely) slow internet connection through the building. In addition, the 'business center' computers running still on a Windows xp platform are no better. I needed to print a handout pdf for a morning presentation to make copies of and the printer was only capable of black & white copies. Again, for a business traveler, I have had way better and consistent experiences at Hilton Garden Inns for equal or less pricing. When I asked the clerk about the connection her reply was "yeah it goes in and out" What?!

I went a few blocks down to a FedEx Office location -(which was one of the best I have ever dealt with!) and paid 30 cents a minute for a connection and printing capability that a hotel should have for $156.00 a night.

Will NOT be returning here for these reasons. Other than that, it looks and feels like every other Hyatt Place you may have stayed at. VERY disappointed in this encounter....

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Edward K
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Good bed, good room, good breakfast, but nothing more. This has the Hyatt name. I expect more than just good. Yes it is their less expensive property, but it is still a Hyatt. While the room was nice, the walls were thin (could somewhat hear the dog barking next door, though it stopped at bedtime so it didn't affect our sleep). The breakfast area was mobbed in the morning, there was a strange smell in the food area, and the choices were just ok. I'm not complaining that much, because we had a good stay. I'm just saying it's a Hyatt. I expect a bit more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in the middle of 4th Street action, location is great! They opened a new bar called Sway and the atmosphere is really nice, food and drinks are good too.
The room is nice but the bathroom could use an update. The shower tile and grout was cracked, ceiling had some mold and the shower floor is stained.

• Stayed September 2012
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We traveled from chicago to Gatlinburg and stopped here for 1night. We stayed at the Gaylord opryland and other over $200 night hotels. So we really like nice hotels, but for one night on the
Way back we wanted something less expensive. I got a great deal $71/nt. It was just as clean as the expensive hotels and the free breakfast was wonderful! My kids liked the small pool! Tried the workout room. Had tvs on bikes. Great beds! The employees were the friendliest out of all the hotels on my trip! Very impressed! Would highly recommend. Close to mall also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is clean, modern and spacious. The rooms are huge, although as others have commented, the bathrooms are quite small. I would happily put up with a small bathroom to have a guest room like this every time - a spacious sitting area, a bar/work area, a corner couch and a separate sleeping area with a large flat screen which can be seen from the couch or bed. A very well designed guest room. Outdoor pool only, not hot tub. No guest laundry. Fitness center was ok, the tv's on the equipment had very faded screens. Breakfast was standard fare, skillet sandwiches not our cup of tea but the other offerings filled the bill. For a dining treat, skip the chain restaurant offerings on Hurstborne and go to the St. Matthews neighborhood. Exit the hotel and make a right on Hurstborne. Make a left onto Shelbyville Road and take a chance on a local restaurant. We tried Havanna Rhumba which tripadvisor reviewers have raved about, and for good reason. It was delicious Cuban food. We also went to the "FABD BBQ" restaurant -it stands for the Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot and BBQ. Very very casual. Think dive bar but ok for families. Good 'q, a good beer menu, outdoor seating and corn hole and mini golf to amuse you before and after your meal. What's not to like?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PineBarrensMom
Delaware
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. It was truly a pleasure. The staff are sincerely helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure all is done correctly. The main points are:
Caring and helpful service sincerely delivered. Every employee is "can do" for the guest. Very refreshing. Who ever does the hiring and training does a superior job.
A staff that is friendly to the correct level.
Clean well kept rooms.
Great complimentary breakfast that includes steel cut oats, yogurt, nuts among the stand items: well prepared.
I good selection of food items available 24 / 7
Location close to the airport and downtown Louisville at a good rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo