“Excellent Choice”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Very nice hotel especially for the price, $80 online which was cheaper then hotwire. The room was very clean and the bed was nice. Pillows were a little small but there were like 1000 of them so it was okay. The room has a small divider between the bed and a nice "L" shaped couch. Nice 42" LDC TV and an okay amount of channels. Our shower worked fine and drained well. They also have a wall mounted shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispenser which was kind of handy. The breakfast was okay. Pretty much what I have come to expect out of most hotels, nothing to impressive but it was free.

Check out downtown Louisville and the river walk if you get a chance.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myoffering
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Louisville-East

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel since it opened. For the price it can't be beaten. It is among the newer hotels in the area but as time passes wear and tear in the rooms does start to show. The bed was very comfortable, the large flat screen television much to my husband's liking, and although the lobby area was rather noisy when we checked in at 11:00pm our room was quiet and a welcome respite after a long day. We normally skip the continental breakfast because there is a restaurant almost next door that we love - Mimi's. The breakfast appears to be well stocked and quite suffiecient for a continental breakfast. The staff is so helpful and friendly that we feel at home. We will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I arrived at 1am and found the front desk fully manned and eager to please. Quality hotel with friendly, professional staff. Nice breakfast with great service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night last month, and I can honestly say that if I am ever in the area again, I would not stay at this Hyatt Place. Location-wise, I think it's a fine area and close to places, but the need for upgrading was evident. Quite possibly, they bought out an older hotel and just re-did certain areas of the hotel. Even the carpets and hallways looked a little dated.

The room itself was quite spacious and had a little fridge/sink area, as well as a nice desk. It also had a very large couch/sitting area. However, the tub/toilet area was extremely tiny. The door to the bathroom barely opened without hitting the toilet and when sitting on the toilet you had to sit sideways so as to not have the toilet paper roll dig into your side! To me, that is unacceptable in a Hyatt, and for that reason alone, I wouldn't stay here again. For a single night stay, we did not use the 'extra' fridge/wet bar area, or the 'nice to have' desk - both of which were spacious in the room. However, inevitably we use the bathroom several times in the course of our stay - one place where I would have liked a little spaciousness.

I even mentioned my complaint upon check-out, but the front desk person just sort of smiled and moved on. I felt I was giving constructive feedback, but she did not seem to care much.

The lobby was nice, but based off other reviews we opted not to eat at the small breakfast area. They have a small area where you can check your email for free - which was a nice feature.

Overall - I cannot recommend this hotel and would stay elsewhere if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferLynn
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Nice place clean rooms.Getting anywhere form hotel is what makes this location good.lot's of places to eat in the area and the entire area is quiet and residential.Would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The hotel was nice and a great deal would certainly stay here again. Good internet speed. A lot of restaurants in the area. The room was nice. \the breakfast provided is a continental breakfast so just fruits, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels. For the hot breakfast there is a charge. They do have a Starbucks on sit and a few in the area.
I would recommend this hotel. The décor is modern and clean.

Room Tip: Great value nice room. Highly recommended
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

When you first walk in, it's unclear where reception is because it seems like the counter to a restaurant or bar, which it basically also is. After that confusion, I'd say that everything about this hotel is very positive. The staff were unusually helpful and courteous, not always the case at this class of hotel. I left my phone in a seminar room and the staff found it, saved it, and looked for me to give it back. The free breakfast was pretty good, but for $2.50 or something like that, they would make a latte. The room was quite large and nice. The wifi was free but relatively slow. Quite a few mediocre restaurants in the neighborhood -- the street it is on seemed like a giant upscale strip mall. One restaurant Z's Oyster House was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business