“We just fell in love with Hyatt Place!!!”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“We just fell in love with Hyatt Place!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I booked this room based upon previous reviews. We were not disappointed. David assisted us with checking in and was very professional, personable and informative. He gave me thorough descriptions and directions to local shopping. (There are many, many stores close by.)The lobby is very modern, yet cozy. There is a quick service food are and a small bar area with made to order food. I did not order a meal but the cookie I bought was big enough for two and reasonably priced at 2.50. The corridor was clean, which I feel is always a good sign. Our room was very spacious. There was a sitting area with an L shaped couch, desk and wet bar area including a microwave and refrigerator.The furniture appears to be a little worn, not bad though. The king bed was very comfortable. The marble countertop sink area was in the main living area which I like.My only chief complaint is that the bathtub and toilet area is very small and needs updating. I LOVE the body wash, shampoo and conditioner dispensers!!! I also love the full length mirror and nice size closet. I must stress that everyone on staff delivered world class service, even in the middle of the night when I needed assistance in getting my cooler filled with ice for my ailing husband. Check out was a breeze and the lady at the desk seemed to be genuinely interested in whether we had enjoyed our stay.
If you look at my reviews you can see that we normally stay at more moderate chain properties but I am going to start giving Hyatt properties more consideration based upon this stay!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were in town for a friends wedding and thought we'd give it a try. So glad we did. Staff was INCREDIBLE and room as spotless, beautiful, and wonderfully comfortable. We had friends come over a few nights and having the extra "living room" section and small bar area was a god-send. Staff was always welcoming and helpful -no matter what the hour or situation. Breakfast was mostly grains, breads and fruit but they have an extensive cafe menu you can always order from. Location couldn't have been better. Direct access to most of the major interstates in the area (about 15-20 min to ANYWHERE). Bed was firm but very comfortable. Amenities in the shower smelled great. Would definitely stay again. Thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Booked through hotels.com, not really anything bad to say...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I am huge fan of the Hyatt Place concept and this hotel in Louisville kept me enthusiastic about it. The staff was friendly, room spacious and clean and I was actually able to walk for a really fine seafood dinner after a long day of cross country travel. The only thing travelers should know is that the hotel is located in a superb of Louisville, which is affluent and very nice, but also about fifteen minutes drive from downtown. Not a problem unless you need to stay in the center for some reason. Big thumbs up for the service and quality at this Hyatt Place. I should also note that hotel prices in Louisville are surprisingly high. I attribute this to a shortage of rooms for the size of city it has become.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Was very impressed with the hotel as this was my first experience with Hyatt Place. The reception staff greeted us, offered to tour hotel, explained all the services and wanted to be sure we were happy with room. The room was the size of a suite, with divider between bed and sitting area. Internet connection was great, and the bed was as good as any bed that any high end hotel provides. The breakfast bar was well stocked and staff were again very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel as it was convenient, excellent service, and a great room for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Booked directly with hotel at Hyatt website.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Retiredtraveler65
Ontario Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for one night the Saturday of the Kentucky derby. We were greeted so warmly by the night desk clerk and the whole staff made our stay. Very clean comfortable. Coffee bar and light breakfast in the morning all good. Price was insane since it was derby weekend had to pay 600 !!! going rate for anything decent. Half an hour cab ride from Churchill Downs. If you are booking during Derby weekend try staying outside the Louisville area. My friends stayed in Lexington and avoided the high prices traffic etc.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Ill
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is a standard Hyatt Place. The room was fantastic. Great TV, nice sitting area, incredibly comfortable bed, fridge in the wet bar area.
The neighborhood was also great. Lots of restaurants, a Barnes and Noble next door, Kroger down the street.
Hotel staff was great, very friendly. They even called me around 9:30 a.m. one morning to let me know that crews would be doing some work on the next floor and they apologized in advance for any inconvenience. Again, great staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jdb327
Near Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel was typical of Hyatt Place's current design and we found it to be a good value.

We Liked - The hotel was in a very pretty area and the check-in people were very eager to serve. There are many restaurants in the area. The long L-shaped sofa and the large screen TV were wonderful. The lavatory was outside of the toilet are, a real plus. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The fridge was appreciated to keep our beverages cold.

Minor things that would improve the hotel - The continental breakfast served on real plates with real silverware was OK, but it would really be nice to have at least one hot entree. The air conditioner was right next to the bed - a bit noisy and breezy. The toilet/shower area was very small.

In all, we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family