“Great value, so close to Expo Center!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #80 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed for a week room 114 non-smoking. In town for cow show at expo center, just down the road. You can you the main gate or go around and use the side gates which we do. The hotel is older and rooms are dated but clean, no funny smell either. The outside was neat and well kept, yard was just cut. We have stayed here several time and will again. Beds are nice and comfy. Bathroom was nice and clean, bit small but we will take clean over small. They were stingy with towels when they cleaned room but didn't have issues when we needed more. We basically slept there not much hanging around at room. It was a very pleasant stay and we were very pleased.

Room Tip: Interstate is across the road so trucks can be load if staying on the front side. We usually try to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela H

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Checked in late and was quickly processed, unfortunately I received a smoking room, I called the front desk and was told, no problem. So went back down and they quickly changed my room. The only issue I really had is that the non-smoking rooms are on the highway side and windows and walls seem to be pretty thin so it was kind of loud. Otherwise room was good, but obviously older and could definitely use an upgrade or extreme cleaning to get odor's out. Very close to the airport and they have a free airport shuttle available. I'd stay here again for a night or two.

Room Tip: If your sensitive to noise and are a non-smoker, bring ear-plugs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Late night check-in was okay. Awkward taking 5 pieces of luggage upstairs to 2nd floor. Room was okay, but the smell of stale/old cigarette smoke was quite evident. Bathroom floor (max. 12sq.ft.) was not thoroughly cleaned, but I was overly tired after midnight to notify the front desk. Bed would've been comfortable w/out the waterproof mattress pad. Morning front desk staff could benefit from basic hospitality training (like smiling with any type of friendly greeting). Don't bother with breakfast (?defrosted pastries/donuts, very weak coffee, no creamer, overly diluted orange juice, minimal offerings). Ending on a positive note, very efficient airport shuttle service!

Room Tip: Beware, rooms on the front side face the freeway so road noise can be heard inside @ all times.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank asis76
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Apprehensive at first but pleasantly surprised. It's definitely not a new motel but we couldn't have asked for any kinder employees. Our aunt is 85 but still very independent and had booked her frist ever cruise as well as all the hotels and flights. She booked one night at the Rodeway Inn because it was closer to the airport and cheaper.
Whe we first arrived my wife and I were a little concerned. However, the employee working the desk that afternoon was very kind and very helpful. When my wife and I called back that evening to check on our aunt (we live well over two hours away) the gentleman working the desk remembered us. My wife called the next morning (4 A.M. E.S.T.) to make sure our aunt was up and ok and she informed us she was ok and going to call for the shuttle a little later. The employees made sure the shuttle met her "at her room" and she got to the airport well ahead of time. The lady working the night shift that morning was very kind and reassuring.
The outside definitely needs some TLC but our aunt's room had been updated. The carpet was fairly new as was the furniture and fixtures. The towels, sheets, blankets and bed cover was clean and fresh and the paint on the walls looked fairly new. My wife and looked the place over very good before we left and there was a Lexus as well as several late model automobiles in the parking lot.

Older motel? Yes. Outside needs some maintenance? Yes, But the room was ok for an over night stay and you couldn't ask for any kinder and helpful employees. This was our experience anyway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kycruzrs
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Not the worst, not the best. The location is not great, close to the airport and on a busy highway. However, anyone staying here could figure this out before choosing this hotel. The property is not very well maintained. The room was OK but not great. It was a non-smoking room but there was a smell of stale cigarette smoke. I informed the host and she said that it had always been non-smoking. The breakfast was bare bones but it was OK. So, all around, just OK for our one night stay. (We used Choice Hotels points for this room.)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I travel for a living, and I stay in hotels all across the country. I stay in expensive ones, and inexpensive ones, budget priced ones, and four star, depending on the business that I have and the location. Truthfully, this is one of the worst, if not THE worst, I have stayed in. While it is true that it IS close to the Expo Center, it is old and not very well cared for. Add to that poor management, staff that doesn't seem to care much about the upkeep or the guests needs and the fact that it is right next to the airport, and it all adds up to disaster. To begin with, planes landing and taking off through the evening and night make rest difficult. Thin floors and loud guests above you don't help, and I DO realize that that isn't the fault of the hotel or its staff. My room was infested with ants and when I looked on 4square to check in, I saw that many other people had also had issues with ants at this establishment. The clincher for me though was that I went for two days with my room not being cleaned. The first day, I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door until 1:00 PM. Most hotels tell their housekeeping staff to clean the empty rooms first so that the INCOMING guests and check in and then they have them clean the rooms of the guests who are staying over another night. I guess it doesn't work that way at the Rodeway Inn in Louisville. The housekeeping staff all leaves by 1:00PM and if you don't get your room cleaned by then you are just out of luck - the problem is that the front desk staff doesn't tell anyone that! The second day, when my room was still not cleaned (and I had been out off the room the second day for hours in the morning without a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door), I went to the front desk and was finally told that the staff leaves at 1:00 PM. There was really no explanation as to why the room had not been cleaned for two days, especially the second day. I asked to speak to the managers the next day, but they would not be available until the following week!?!? I was given their names, Kumar and Hansa, but was told they would not be in during the rest of my stay.

I am so sorry, but is this appropriate customer service? I don't think so. Bottom line, save yourself the heartache, find a cleaner, nicer hotel, and pay a bit more for it. They will probably have cleaner sheets and clean towels each day for you. The few extra bucks will be well worth it - take my word for it!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karenfan
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very basic hotel that was recently updated. We were surprised that we did not hear the airplanes, being so close to the airport. Although this hotel was overpriced due to everything being sold out due to so many tournaments in town, we still slept better than in most hotels. There were issues with our room smelling like smoke, and since the hotel was full to capacity they did everything to try to get the smell out. It ended up not being bad. The complementary breakfast was very basic, but it was free! If you do not like toast, donuts, cereal or oatmeal, plan to get breakfast somewhere else.
The service was helpful and friendly. We did have to ask for towels, since they did not leave any after cleaning the room. They only would give the amount of the people in the room. This is not good when you have teens who use two towels each time they shower. Still cheaper and the only thing left when we tried to find a room two weeks before the volleyball tournament. I would use this as a last resort or if you are on a budget. A positive is they have an airport shuttle and you can walk to the hotel from the convention center in about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a non- smoking room. There were issues with smoke smell and oder in the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family