“Nothing fancy, but it was close to convention center which was helpful.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #78 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very basic hotel that was recently updated. We were surprised that we did not hear the airplanes, being so close to the airport. Although this hotel was overpriced due to everything being sold out due to so many tournaments in town, we still slept better than in most hotels. There were issues with our room smelling like smoke, and since the hotel was full to capacity they did everything to try to get the smell out. It ended up not being bad. The complementary breakfast was very basic, but it was free! If you do not like toast, donuts, cereal or oatmeal, plan to get breakfast somewhere else.
The service was helpful and friendly. We did have to ask for towels, since they did not leave any after cleaning the room. They only would give the amount of the people in the room. This is not good when you have teens who use two towels each time they shower. Still cheaper and the only thing left when we tried to find a room two weeks before the volleyball tournament. I would use this as a last resort or if you are on a budget. A positive is they have an airport shuttle and you can walk to the hotel from the convention center in about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a non- smoking room. There were issues with smoke smell and oder in the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LakelandLady87

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed over Thursday through Saturday nights over Memorial Day. Total price was around $69 per night, including all taxes.

I didn't have any problems at all with the room- everything was very clean and everything worked. The room didn't have a refrigerator/microwave, but the TV worked fine, and the Internet wi-fi worked well. Two of us stayed in this room, and there was adequate work space for both of us. The A/C worked well, and the bathroom, beds, and room were very clean.

We stayed on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway, which looked like it was -almost- directly in the flight path of huge jets coming into the airport, which were quite noisy outside. The room did a very good job of muffling this; it was audible but not enough to even wake you up at night.

My only significant complaint is the sketchy characters who stayed at the motel over the weekend- we had no direct contact with them, and didn't hear them at all once in the room, but they appeared to be having some sort of party, or perhaps drug distribution, with people coming and leaving. They didn't bother us, but that sort of thing makes me nervous.

This motel is -very- convenient to I-264, but be prepared to drive a short distance to any fast food or restaurants. If you're going to the fairgrounds or Six Flags, this is a very close motel- in fact, you can see a couple of roller coasters from the back parking lot.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side to get away from highway noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
kumar1947, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality your comments is taken seriously and wisj to see you again. .....kumar

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I never like to read reviews because you just don't know what to believe. This is my first, only because I felt I owed it to the next guy looking to book a room in the Rodeway Inn in Louisville Ky. There was a convention in town and we were looking to see our son's baseball game. We live far away and don't have many chances to see games. Everything else was booked and the Rodeway was the only hotel left that was close. It is what you expect for a 2 star hotel, room was freshly painted to hide the filth I expect. The bathroom was so small you could not hardly turn around in it(double bed room). But it served it's purpose, we were not totally grossed out and we had a great time in Louisville. So, if no other rooms can be found, it will work, just don't expect to much.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Sure I was down in Louisville for the Derby. Of course I know that everything is expensive here during this weekend of excess. But 450 bucks for a room that costs 60 bucks on any other night? THAT's HIGHWAY ROBBERY! And they didn't realize that I have a voice and I'm really ticked off.
Something has to be done about this.
A 60 dollar room for 450 dollars?
People go to jail for less.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else. If you cannot, do not stay here during Derby week. Stay miles away.. do not...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank warrenbobrow
kumar1947, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

We are sorrry that you fill that way, but most of the people who comes for a national events are aware that what to expect to pay for Derby. Every person has a choice . They could sat 5star hotel and pay $2000.00 or they could stay at a hotel like hours 2star and pay400 to 800 dollar.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Super clean and fresh. Wonderful bed linens, extra pillows, flat screen tv, full continental breakfast and a friendly staff. Located close to ChurchHill Downs. Drove into downtown Louisville for dinner at Dish on Market which was 5 miles away. Rooms in the front are scary close to the interstate and its noise...get a room in the back! A great room for a great price.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We booked this room because they offered a deal for stay, park and fly that was cheaper than parking at the airport. Got a good rate. Room was a few doors down from the office on the ground level. Room was clean, had a nice king size bed that was comfortable, small table with two chairs, good sized tv. Staff was great and provided us ride to/from the airport. Only downside was the noise from the expressway. We will stay again but next time will request a room on the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the back of the hotel away from the expressway because of the noise l...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hisavage
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I initially chose to stay here because it was the most inexpensive hotel in Louisville I could find online that wasn't a total dive. When I called on the phone a few days before my stay, I was informed that the rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave. When I arrived I told this was not the case. The location is fine if you're here for the fair or a flight lay-over, but the surrounding area seems very unscrupulous and you have to drive 3 miles down the freeway just to find a Walgreens or CVS. The room itself has just been renovated and is OK for what it is, but I was charged 69$ a night for two nights when there were no events going on at the fair or expo center. That is just plain ridiculous. I've stayed in motels in my travels that were just as clean, in a better location, and offered much better amenities for half the price. My advise if you have to stay in Louisville is to just pay an extra 10-20$ a night for one of the nicer hotels nearby. Its still hard on the wallet, but at least you'll feel like you're getting your moneys worth.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends