“A nice new hotel”

Ranked #57 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Atlanta, Georgia
“A nice new hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not much to glamorize about a Marriott Courtyard, but if you find yourself in this area its probably the best reasonable hotel. its the new style with a small modern bar / breakfast area service Starbucks. Its about 20-25 minutes from the airport and convention center, even in 'rush hour' traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Chris J,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about stay at newly renovated Courtyard Louisville East. I am glad to see that you feel our hotel is the best reasonable hotel, and that enjoyed our new Bistro which includes a bar and Starbucks. I hope to see you again soon or whenever your travel brings you back to Louisville.

Warm Regards,

Larry C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I must have made an error in booking. I usually try and get a Marriott hotel with a free breakfast. The breakfast which was very limited was way over priced. That was my only disappointment. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear MJones2361,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Courtyard Louisville East. I wanted to also mention that we do offer breakfast included rates for as a little as $10 more per room. I am confident that we could offer a selection that could suit your needs going forward and appreciate your business.

Regards,

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night while my son attended a tennis tournament. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. They have an updated lobby with a bistro snack type bar as well as a lounging area and business center. I really prefer a hotel with a free continental breakfast. We ate at the bistro and it added about $20 a day to our bill. I would stay here again, but would most likely bring some food with me as there is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. With that said however the most important thing for us is that the hotel is clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Davidw1856,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I hope your son was able to play his best tennis after a good nights rest in our newly renovated hotel. I also wanted to mention that we offer some great breakfast included rates which provide some outstanding value. Please take advantage of these inclusive rates on your future stay.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and feedback.

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped at the Marriott while traveling for one night stay. Front desk very helpful and assigned us a room. Upon arriving at our room we found that the bed not made, and the room not clean yet from the previous tenant. We called down to the from desk and informed him that our predicament, and he sent someone to our room and took us to another one. Only thing was it was a long walk. Beside this the overall experience with the help was ok. Nice and very helpful. The front desk explained that they had been very busy that day, and was feeling sorry for the help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Brushy74,

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback regarding your experience at the Courtyard Louisville East. I want to personally apologize for the room not being cleaned upon check in. This is certainly not a typical experience, and I realize this was not what you expected. It was good to see that staff was helpful in correcting our mistake here and if there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I really appreciate you choosing our hotel, and hope we have the opportunity to serve you on future stay.

Warm Regards,

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have to say I was impressed by the fact there were equipment by the pool and whirlpool to enable guests to enjoy the facilities. I don't know the proper name but it allows someone physically challenged to safely enter the pool or whirlpool. It was easy to get into the hotel and main areas. The entrance to the pool and whirlpool were located far from the front of the building but that was the only downfall. Also the icemaker was all the way in the back. I think a central location would be more ideal. Otherwise, great hotel for any traveler.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room close to the entrance if you have any physical limitations. With children...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travel Agent Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding the new addition of our pool lifts. I hope we may have a chance to serve your future lodging needs. If so, I wanted to let you know that we also have an ice machine conveniently located in our restaurant. Any team member would be happy to help with filling your ice bucket or personal cooler! We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Troy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When we tried to check in to this hotel at 6:30 pm on a Friday, we were told our suite wasn't available, that they were sold out and could give us two regular rooms for half price, I explained this was unacceptable as we have a 4 year old and 1 year old. Then I was told after a few minutes, that we could still have a suite, but it would be a double/double, not the king we had reserved and that it wasn't ready yet. We came back at 10 pm, our room was ready and we were told we would get a discount of some sort for our trouble. The room itself was quite large, plenty of room for two adults and two kids. The bathtub didn't drain well, but overall a very nice suite. The pillows and bed were wonderful. We got a package that included breakfast, the lobby area where breakfast was served was updated and very modern. Breakfast was a good value, you order off a menu.
Now to the worst part, when I got the checkout info under the door the morning we were to check out, I found that not only did I not get the discount promised, but they actually over charged us by 19 dollars a night!.. When I went down to have this fixed, they did fix this, but actually only offered a total of a 12 dollar discount, I never complain, but this seems low for what we went through and all of the mistakes. For this reason, we wouldn't stay again, too bad, as this overall is a nice looking hotel and great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Louisville East. I sincerely apologize for your room not being ready for you at the time of check in, and the lack of follow through on providing you a discount for the trouble. I can certainly understand how disappointing this must have been and I apologize for the trouble this caused you. I assure you that issues such as this, are far from typical. Your comments are very important to us and we will use this value feedback to improve upon our service and communication. I was glad to see that you liked the size of the room and the value of our breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to make good on any discount that you feel appropriate. We would love to have you back to experience the great service that our guest are more accustomed to.

Thank you.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I are from Florida, and we recently stayed here for the Kentucky Derby and although not luxurious, this hotel exceeded our expectations. My only "issues" were with the size of the bathroom (small in comparison to newer hotels) and the in-room AC, which was just a tad noisy. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean which are the most important things I expect. Front desk service was good considering how busy they were and I particularly liked the lobby cafe which offered a simple, but satisfying menu. We would stay here again, although, next time we go to the Derby we may splurge on a hotel closer to the venue. For that reason, I feel this hotel was a good choice even though its location (proximity to the Derby) was not prime. All in all, they did a great job making this our Kentucky Derby "home away from home!"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FinickyMe,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Courtyard Louisville East during the Kentucky Derby. I am glad to hear that your stay exceeded expectations and that you enjoyed our new beds and The Bistro. I hope to see you here during the next Derby, or anytime your travels bring you back Louisville.

Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
East Louisville
Courtyard Louisville Northeast
Lyndon
Residence Inn Louisville East
Residence Inn Louisville East
#35 of 95 in Louisville
East Louisville
Staybridge Suites Louisville East

Been to Courtyard Louisville East? Share your experiences!