“not what was expected”

Ranked #53 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Canton, Ohio, United States
“not what was expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

The tp dispenser is positioned so you cant sit on the throne with comfort if you are 6ft tall. Whenever the people above us moved we could hear them. The elevators are in odd locations. The room was clean but when we moved the desk table out to have more space we found bottle cap and some foreign matter, the shears had holes in them. There was no fridge and the TV would vary in channel quality. Overall I was not impressed. The room did have some great qualities. It had a thermostat, nice furnishings, flat screen tv, and really comfortable beds and pillows.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nokomis, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a typical courtyard but bottom line for one night with tax and no addons was $197
Shame on me for not being more thorough when checking prices. Not a bad place but my friend got a $40 room rate a few doors down. Oh my.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

This hotel was just average. Can't get excited about much of my stay except the front desk people... Very friendly and attentive. The lobby is one of the new courtyard formats, which was nicer than I expected. Lots of gathering spaces and appeared very flexible. Even the meeting room was nice. But... The rooms were just so so. The towels felt very thin/worn, and were not fluffy or soft. The shower curtain was too long for tub (which made me wonder how clean it was... I know I was stepping on it accidentally.) The sheets were fine, but comforters also felt thin. Also, the lock on the door was "wonky" -it stuck, jammed, was difficult to open. If you stay here, ask for a room not facing the interstate. Plenty of places to eat in area...very easy access to 64.

Ottawa, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriot East on business and have to say that I believe this to be the Marriot with the lowest standards that I have experienced. I normally prefer to stay at Marriot hotels, but quite honestly wish that I had stayed elsewhere this time around.
I checked in believing that this was going to be a typical Marriot as the desk staff was friendly, courteous and processed my check-in quickly. The lobby is being renovated, so there is not much to look at when checking in, but this type of thing occurs periodically.
My room appeared to be nice and clean at first glance, and I felt that things were fine until I had an opportunity to spend time in the bathroom. Here is where things really started to go south for me. For starters, the towel bar was loose and it was apparent that maintenance was aware of the issue as they had attempted to fix it with a very large machine screw. Even with the large screw, the bar was still loose. Paint and drywall was flaking off of the wall and you could see evidence of mold on the wall just above the lip of the bathtub. You could also see rust on the anchors holding the shower rod in place. One other issue that I had is the table that fits under the desk was unbelievably wobbly. I was afraid that I was going to damage one or more of the table legs if I put any weight on it, so ended up sitting on the floor so that I could use the coffee table in the room. The love seat in the room had two different patterned cushions. I might have considered that they were meant to be done this way except that one cushion was decidedly larger than the other, so the effect of sitting on the love seat was less than comfortable.
Amenities listed include a free breakfast, but the actual charge is $10.43 for the breakfast buffet. As the hotel was being renovated, breakfast was served in one of the back rooms near the lobby. The business center consisted of a single computer and printer in a corner of the otherwise empty lobby area.
The hotel is near shopping and is relatively easy to access. There are a number of good restaurants located close to the hotel.
I don’t know when the renovations will be complete or whether they will include needed work on the rooms, but this hotel needs some work before I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I don't normally write review for hotels, especially a chain hotel like Courtyard, because I believe they all should meet certain standard. This one is different. The bed is smaller than normal, lower than normal, and very hard. I wake up in the middle of the night with a back pain. I can't believe Marriott allows their hotel to have such beds.

The service at the restaurant is not any better. I ordered toast for breakfast and the waiter brought me two piece of toasts without butter or jam.

We probably won't stay here again.

1 Thank Waverunner2012
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Chose this hotel for convenient access to local distributor I was visiting. Getting to it was a bit of a challenge coming from the airport as I had to do a U turn to get to it but once I figured that out, check-in was quick and easy.

Lobby was nice and people were friendly and helpful. Rooms and baths were a bit dated as compared to other Courtyards I've stayed in, which sets a bit of a high standard....but bed was comfortable, TV worked, and free access to internet was provided.

My room rate included breakfast which was cooked to order in the lobby restaurant and was good. Some budget rates do not include breakfast so be sure to decide which is more important to you. If visiting east side of Louisville this is a fairly good spot to stay, though I later found a Marriott Fairfield closer to our distributor. Marriott properties seldom disappoint so either will work in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Nice clean rooms, spacious and comfy. Beds are nice, bathroom is just ok.

Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Have stayed here many times and never been disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family