“overnight in Louisville Ky”

Courtyard Louisville Downtown
Ranked #34 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great location and like most Marriott properties, clean clean and clean.

I also enjoyedtheexcellent cookedto order breakfast. The foodwas very good and the staff was very friendly.

My advice - ask for a room away from the street side of the hotel. The straffic noise on theYUM Center side was a bit too much.

Room Tip: I'm sorry I do not know the street names, but I would ask for a room on a high floor and away fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Erin F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

The Bistro is the Courtyard's new onsite restaurant, open for breakfast, dinner and a full bar. We are so glad you took advantage of the new Courtyard brand amenity and enjoyed our cooked to order entrees. We are proud to offer our guests such a delicious selection in both the mornings and evenings at the hotel, as well as our Starbucks menu all day long. We look forward ot your next visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed Courtyard in downtown Louisville several times and it always feels like coming home. Though I am in town no more than 6 times a year, the staff remember me and greet me like a long lost friend. The rooms are clean and café good. They also have free airport transport which is a big plus.

Room Tip: Be sure that there is nothing going on at the Yum Center and, if so, ask for a room on the other sid...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Our complimentary airport shuttle to and from Louisville International runs daily from 7am-11pm. For service, all you need to do is contact the hotel upon arrival for pickup and schedule your return with one of our front desk agents. And we thank you for the compliments on the staff. Many of them have been with us for several years and truly love getting to know our guests, both new and repeat travelers to the Courtyard. We look forward to your next time with us at the Courtyard Downtown Louisville!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Really comfortable and well run hotel. I was most impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Staying here really helped make the week long business stay seem like much less. I absolutely will be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Erin F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Our friendly and helpful staff was thrilled to have you with us during your recent week long business trip to Louisville. Many guests, including yourself, have found our new accommodations very comfortable and well done. We are glad you enjoyed yourself while with us and look forward to the next time business or leisure brings you to downtown Louisville and the Courtyard.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My stay in Lousiville was for a school interview. Upon my arrival, I did not have to wait long for the hotel airport shuttle to come and pick me up. The driver/front desk was very considerate of my needs and made me feel welcome immediately. Likewise, all the hotel staff that I encountered gave me that kind of feeling too. As a Marriott rewards member, I was given the option of staying in a room in the higher floors, which were very nice and clean. I recommend this to people taking interviews in UofL because they give a big discount. Paying full price for any other kind of travel in Louisville is also worth it. Definitely will stay there if I get an opportunity to visit again.

Room Tip: Nice view on the upper floors. Be nice to the staff.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Taking advantage of our airport and downtown area shuttle is a must for our guests. I'm glad your experience was timely and that the staff made you feel welcome from the very start of your trip to Louisville. Being on a high floor at the Courtyard Downtown Louisville gives you a great view of the city! We are happy to hear we could accommodate your request. We value all of our guests, including Marriott Reward Members and hope to see you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard while in town for business. It's pretty average as far as Marriott hotels go - the lobby has been nicely redone and the rooms are comfortable and modern. My only complaint was the loud a/c unit and the constant street noise from traffic headed over the bridge (I was on the 5th floor and am used to staying in cities much busier than Louisville - you can trust me when I say it was excessive!). The hotel staff was WONDERFUL and so helpful from start to finish - they tip my rating from a high 3 to a 4! Their is a small cafe downstairs that serves Starbucks breakfast in the mornings and wine by the glass at night - they'll even let you take the glass back up to your room to relax. Parking was very reasonable at $6/day and everything in downtown Louisville was within a 5-15 minute walk. The hotel is surrounded by good restaurants and nightlife, and the waterfront park was only 15 minutes on foot. Overall a nice stay, a functional room, and wonderful people.

Room Tip: Might be worth requesting something that doesn't face a major road ... street noise is a problem...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Erin F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Our helpful and friendly staff enjoyed assisting you while in Louisville for your recent stay at the Courtyard Downtown. We are happy to hear you took advantage of The Bistro, our in-house restaurant serving breakfast and dinner. We enjoy being able to serve our guests with their favorite Starbucks morning drinks as well as a wide variety of beer, wine and cocktails in the evening hours from our full bar. We apologize for the street noise and yes, next time you visit the hotel, we will place you in a room further from the Second Street Bridge traffic.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After living away from Louisville for 10 years, we decided to stay downtown on a recent visit back to experience all the changes in downtown. A friend of mine recommended the Marriott. We had an amazing stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms have recently been remodeled which was awesome! They directed us to all the new hotspots and fun things to do. I still can't believe how munch the city has changed. I already have a trip back planned in September and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We hope you enjoyed your trip back to Louisville after several years of being away. It's amazing how much downtown Louisville has grown! We are excited to have been a part of your trip getting reacquainted with Louisville. Our staff enjoyed pointing out some close by hot spots and dining choices. And thank you for the compliments on our hotel accommodations. We did recently complete a $1 million + renovation and are excited to offer great amenities including remodeled rooms with refrigerators and WiFi. Please thank you friend for her glowing recommendation of the Courtyard Downtown Louisville and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have visited this hotel often and everytime we arrive for check in the hotel staff is WONDERFUL and the hotel grounds and lobby are always flawless. Our rooms are very nice and always clean and up to our standards. The hotel is perfectly located and very easy to get and from. Very conveinent for games and concerts at YUM center as well as all the dining that is dowtown. Definalty reccomend to anyone looking tostay downtown!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andi W
Erin F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We thank you for being a repeat guest at the Courtyard Downtown Louisville. We pride ourselves on providing great service, updated accommodations and an ideal location for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Courtyard!