New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Louisville Downtown

Courtyard Louisville Downtown
Ranked #33 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Houston, Texas
“Some good, some not so good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip, for 2 nights. First, the location is awesome for being downtown next to everything - right across from YUM Center.
The first night, I arrived late and needed something to eat. I ordered a snack at the cafe and was planning to do some work, but the crowd was VERY loud and I took it up to my room. Still, the attendant was apologetic for all the noise.
I was assigned a 2 room suite (exec style) with bar and sitting area - bedroom area, separated by a hall and bath. It was a rather large layout, a corner room. I would say the decor and age definitely showed, but it was still functional. There were very few open plugs in the bedroom area (a pet peave of mine), but elsewhere not too bad.
Apparently housekeeping is done just after midday, so when I left for my appointment, not to return until late - I thought my room would be serviced and it was not. Oh, well.
My biggest issue with my stay was wifi. Yes, it was free - but not very consistent. I kept getting knocked off. A real struggle.
Last note: The shuttle drivers (free shuttle) were very good. On the return trip to the airport, with semi's behaving obnoxiously on the highway, she played it safe and moved over - and got me to the airport safely. Great job.
If business brought me back to the area, I'd probably consider this hotel, especially if there might be an upcoming renovation planned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bk_t1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arrived at the downtown Courtyard by Marriott on Friday 11/2/12. My husband and I were greeted by the friendly front desk representative ( Pam) the lead at the front desk is a gem! and so are the other staff members. There was a few people ahead of us , but the wait was minimal as the welcome far out weighed the wait time. Were directed after check-in ( all of 2 minutes to complete our check-in) then directed to the hotel elevator. The room was spacious with full wet bar, fridge and microwave. and tons of counter space. the living room was nice if you choose to bring friends up for a drink. We were located directly across from the YUM Arena, where Bruce Springsteen was performing. It doesnt get better than this location. Dinner buffet is fabulous. It is offered from 4-7 the cook staff are fantastic and very accomodating. Breakfast and Starbucks was awesome. The onsite garage parking is inexpensive 6.00 a day for unlimited in and out access. We will be back and make this our #1 pick in Louisville, Ky. The hotel is very close to numerous eateries and the 4th street live venue... Can't say enough.

Room Tip: Great location for all downtown events!! Indoor pool and exercise gym.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently went there for the Justin Bieber concert. Greeted by a great front desk group. Took care of our needs throughout the stay. Small restaurant/bar has small menu but the employee working there in the evening was spectacular. We made a point of going back after the concert just to see her again.
Place is clean, swimming pool was nice and I could not find any little problems anywhere. the rollaway beds are just as comfortable as the beds.

Room Tip: I did ask if we could upgrade when we came in and there was no problem. The room we had was too smal...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is better priced for families that want a nice safe clean room close to all of the Downtown Tourist Sites. Found the staff very courteous and efficient. The hotel parking was a great price. Easy walk to restaurants and night activity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I thought the hotel was great - lots of amenities... pool & bistro as well as being clean with modern rooms and decor. The associates were friendly and accommodating. The hotel is very close to 4th Street Live and the KFC Center. I wish I had more than one evening to explore the hotel and area. I did not experience the same issues that others posted. I am Gold so I am not sure if that is why? I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Modern, clean hotel. Great service, staff very helpful. Easy parking. Close to many restaurants and attractions (Louisville Bats- AAA Minor League ballpark, Louisville Slugger Museum, 3rd Street Live). Nice pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The folks at Courtyard should be ashamed to have this hotel in their portfolio. I recently stayed there for a 3 night stay while in town for a large convention. The rate for this hotel is not cheap, so I was surprised to find a substandard room awaiting me. The room was extremely rundown and dirty, with chipped and dirty furniture, dated bathroom with chipped sink, dark and damp shower area, etc.. The whole room just felt sad and depressing. The wireless internet was one of the slowest I have ever used, and did not facilitate getting work done. And lastly, the breakfast area was understaffed to handle a large group that was in town. Yes, the lobby was nicely renovated, but I care more about the room and the business services, and they were not worth the quite expensive rate for Louisville.
If you're a loyal Marriott Rewards member, skip this property and try the regular Marriott or the Springhill down the street. Or wait for this place to be razed or renovated!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ChewInRI
Erin F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
The hotel recently completed a $1 million renovation to our overnight rooms. Please see our updated photographs on our Trip Advisor page as well as our website www.marriott.com/sdfdt. All issues in your photos have been resolved. We look forward to the chance to showcase our new hotel to you on your next visit to Louisville.