See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 10, 2018

The main plug in the kitchen was not working, neither was the table lamp on the dining table. This all should be checked upon every check out to make sure things are working order and guests don't have to wait for things to be fixed. The lamp beside the bed was unplugged by previous guests. Housekeeping MUST check that everything is in working order when they clean the rooms. Asked for kitchen utensils and kitchen towels 3 times out of 4 day stay. I was told at every occasion that the dryer is broken and they don't have any. I found that odd they they didn't have a drying rack or cooking utensils because of that. I ended up buying utensils to use during my stay. TV channels were far and few in between. Most of the channels said they were out of order on Direct TV. Not a big deal, but a fewer more channels would be more appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for letting us know about your experience. We truly care about delivering excellent service to all of our guests, and we are sorry for the issues you encountered. Your feedback has been shared with every department involved. We are working hard to deliver the type of hospitality that you should always expect from us, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Never been so disappointed in lack of cleanliness. Had stayed at that location many times. Must be under new ownership and mgt (or lack thereof). Cannot stress more that you will be disappointed and grossed out if get a room that was ignored before they checked us in.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Philip, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry for the difficulties you experienced during your stay and please accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our respective team members are taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding service. Thanks once more, and we look forward to having you visit again so we can provide you and your family with a better experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

We chose to stay here because we were visiting with our big family for Thanksgiving and wanted to give the hostess a break. The mattress was the star - new and very firm. There were plates and silver available for the breakfast foods we brought from home. The recliner was a nice way to make it seem like home.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you liked our comfortable bedding and had a pleasant time with your family. Thanks again for recognizing our reasonable value, and we hope to welcome you all on your next trip.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

This is your place for that “at home feeling,” and getting great friendly service, convenient location, clean and spacious accommodations, at a good price. Josh, the GM, Debrah, the Asst GM, and Tara of front desk will see that your stay exceeds your expectations.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review of Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you were impressed not only with your well-appointed room and our convenient location, but also with the courteous service provided by our associates. Thanks again for recognizing our great value, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

First, to set expectations, this is not intended to be a five star hotel. It is a low cost extended stay hotel. I had my expectations set right off -- I usually stay in nicer places when I go to Louisville, but unfortunately my usual places were booked due to some convention that was taking place.

The room does come with a kitchen (range, microwave, and full size refrigerator), so if you plan to make your own meals a lot, that is definately a plus.

This hotel is noisy. If you are expecting to sleep, be prepared for disruptions. People are making noise outside quite a bit. A lot of them hang out outside, and sit on the curb or whatever seating is available, smoke cigarettes, drink, talk, laugh, and make general noise. Furthermore, my refrigerator was poorly maintained and made a grinding noise intermittently.

The rooms are not well cleaned, and are a bit worn down. Surfaces have rings from drinks, some surfaces are sticky, and based on this alone, I would not go back.

My bathroom had a problem with a sewage leak from the bottom of the toilet. A puddle of urine/sewage had formed on one side of my toilet and smelled. I complained at the front desk, and they had no other rooms to move me to, and no maintenance personnel until morning. Her solution was to give me a few towels to throw on the puddle, and promised me that the issue would be taken care of the following day. Normally, I would not go with this, but I was tired and it was late, so I threw the towels on the puddle and closed the bathroom door while I slept so I didn't have to smell it too much.

The next day, when I got back from work, nothing had changed. There were still sewage covered towels in the same exact spot (partially covering the base of the toilet), the bathroom still smelled, and the toilet still leaked. I went to the front desk, where she insisted that somebody fixed it (though refused to show me a work order or anything to demonstrate that somebody even tried), and offered to come remove the sewage soaked towels. Actually, that would normally be a good first step, but she already had promised to have everything resolved that day, during the day. And in addition to picking up the towels, fix the toilet, and then mop the floor with bleach or something since it had been covered with sewage.

Nonetheless, I didn't stick around after that, since they had not kept up their end of the bargain, and failed to rectify the issue. I checked out, but was told that it is after check-out time and I would have to pay for another night (for an uninhabitable room). I mentioned that I would contest the charge with my credit card provider, and the woman told me to, "Go do whatever you want."

In summary, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay, where you don't mind bad service or a run down and dirty room, then this could be the place for you. If you have higher expectations, then I would avoid this place.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel which is what I ended up doing.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. We are very disheartened to read about the problems you experienced, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for what transpired. Our management team is taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. Your comments have prompted us to double our efforts so we can be sure to meet the high standards you expect from us every single stay. Please consider staying with us again so we can show you a better example of our hospitality.