“Very pleased.”

Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman
Ranked #72 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Very pleased.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My room resembles a room at the Red Roof Inn. My refrigerator was old but worked fine. The mattress was comfortable. Really, for the money you cannot go wrong. The staff is sharp and friendly and accommodating. Very clean. Abdolutely no problems with noise or safety. This a a very good part of town. I am in the process of moving and wouls stay here again most definitely.

• Stayed January 2013
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your posting. The hotel is the best value in Louisville with the kitchens and close to eating and shopping. The hotel is a great place to stay either one night or like you when relocating to the Louisville. Thank you again and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My review is not so much of the facility(which was adequate) but of one particular person who went above and beyond to make us feel important and special. Her name is Tori and she was knowledgeable and the nicest sweetest person I've encountered in awhile. She made calls for us, gave me extra pillows, suggested places for us and just had the best attitude through it all. Thank you for your valuuable brightening of my day.

• Stayed January 2013
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. Tori does a great job and was very happy that you mentioned her outstanding service. Thank you again and I will make sure Tori gets to see your review.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed here a quite a few times in the last 6 months for business and my stay has been very good. The room has everything that I need and kept clean and organized, the people that work here are very friendly and any questions or anything I need they have taken care of especially Andrea and Tori they treat you great! I have even notice that the last 6 months the hotel has updated alot of things. I have already recommended this place to my friends if they are ever in Louisville and I would recommend this hotel to any travelers that happen to stay here for business or leaisure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff. We appreciate you getting the word out that this is a great place to stay. Thanks again.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My room was sad - all beat up and worn out. I was scared too look closely at the mattress and sheets, but they did seem clean. The bed was way too firm though. Only two body towels in the bathroom, but they gave us more. We fell asleep first listening to the refrigerator, then the air conditioner, then the toilet.

We only stayed here because we were visiting a friend who was living here until he found an apartment. He warned us against staying there, but it was convenient for a weekend.

The location was pretty convenient for what we were doing, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you were on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Louisville - Dutchman. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked this hotel through hotels.com without seeing the room online. This place is a cheap dump. We were tired of driving and decided to sleep overnight and drive home the next morning. I would have been more comfortable in my car. The room was booked under the impression of having a bed and a sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was a recliner - wow. The room smelled dirty and was very uncomfortable. We checked out at 6 AM. I would never-ever stay at his hotel again. I would sleep in my car first.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Ensuring you are totally satisfied with your stay, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly we did not live up to these standards during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again at our hotel or at any of our other brand locations.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Woke at 1:30am and felt a little itchy. Pulled off sheets and found a large 3rd stage bedbug in middle of bed. Also found 4 ants crawling around by kitchen area. I know bedbugs from having been chewed alive by a bunch in Cleveland last year!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Louisville - Dutchman. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Old looking room dirty coffee pot few utensils really none not kept well

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this review, June 5, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.