“Not clean few utensils old”

Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman
Ranked #75 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Old looking room dirty coffee pot few utensils really none not kept well

• Stayed: April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Louisville - Dutchman. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The location of this property is very good, lots of places to eat and shop and it is just off highway 264 the Henry Watterson Expressway.

The hotel looks decent enough from the outside, looks fairly well maintained. The rooms have kitchenettes and offer free wi-fi, although I was unable to get the wi-fi working with my IPad. I stayed in room 319 on the third floor. There is one elevator. Upon entering the room, I went into the bathroom and there was no toilet paper anywhere to be found. I called the front desk and was told to come down they would give me some. I went down and had a roll of paper handed to me from behind the counter while the other guest were checking in.

Upon returning to the room, I noticed the walls were splattered with something that appeared as if it could have been feces. All the ceiling corners had huge dirty cobwebs in them. I also noticed something on the floor in a corner that upon closer inspection turned out to be dried dog poop!

This was the worst room I have seen in the Louisville area in 20 years of traveling there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zoes1Mom
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

The room condition you described is completely unacceptable. I have met with the staff to review our strict quality control standards, and have put systems in place to ensure that no other guest encounters a room situation such as that you described.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I think her name is Brittany and she is wonderful and amazing she made sure my room was clean and made sure i was put in a nice room she makes sure all your needs are attended too and I dont know what this place would do with out her I will only come back again because she is such a wonderful girl...

Room Tip: Have Brittany help you with your room choice
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2011

They try to tell me that I could not check in until 3:00pm , when I got there at 9:00am , then they never came and cleaned the room on the weekend that I stayed there. They where the worst host that I have ever dealt with . Not even a receipt are invoice when you leave , who does that ? When use the word unprofessional and rude they can get an A+ for that. Will never in my life stay at this hotel ever again , if all other hotels are full I would rather sleep in my car then stay here again...!!!!!!!!! This place needs to be shut down and all new staff hired from the front door to the back !!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost forgot the big gap under the door where anything could crawl in....

Room Tip: Stay the hell away from this place, and you can deal with anything...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rev Roderick S
Reviewed April 27, 2011

While the houskeeping staff was cleaning my room she was talking on her cell phone on a personal call. Once she got off of the phone she asked if I wanted her to vacum the floor and I told her yes, that was a part of the weekly cleaning that we are paying for. So she vacumed. She then said that she wouls just leave the sheets and such for me to make the bed since I had pillows on the bed. I told her no problem I'll move the pillows. So I moved the pillows and she then still refused to make the bed because I had luggage beside the bed. I have been at this hotel now for 3 weeks and the 1st and 2nd time the room was cleaned the bed was made without any issues at all. She still refused so I called the front desk and he sent the head housekeeper to the room and I told her about the issue and about the housekeeper being on a personal cell phone call. And the housekeeper then started yelling at me and comming towards me. The headhouse keeper basicly removed her from my room. And the door to the room was left open. When the housekeeper then came back to get her cart she looked right at me and called me a b***h. This employee made me feel threatened and very uncomfortable. And my room never got finished being cleaned as well. Once this stay is over I will NEVER stay at another Extended Stay America Hotel. This was very unprofessional and very uncalled for. I am afraid to leave my room with her around.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else to get a better room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ssatterly
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I am loathe to give a business a bad review, but holy cow, this is the worst hotel I've stayed in since spring break of '88. The room just felt dirty and claustrophobic. The bed literally crippled me...it destroyed my otherwise healthy back to the point that I was thinking of seeking professional medical help. My sheets and comforters had cigarrette burns in them.

I can't imagine staying here for any length of time, let alone an "extended stay". It was horrific.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DineLikeALocal
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Much to my horror and dismay, I found myself with yet another Extended Stay hotel off of Hotwire.com (and I even paid more this time too!). I cursed my luck as I was certain my experience would be the same, if not worse, than the other ESA I stayed at on Bunsen Rd.

However, this location is much, much different. So different that I have to believe they are run by two separate owners. First off, this location actually has a main office, and not some rundown closet-with-desk. Secondly, the area it is in is much nicer and more convenient to downtown than Bunsen Rd. And third, the room was clean, neat and nothing was damaged! Yay!

With ESA everything is very bare-bones basic, you arent getting a room at the Ritz. But if you can deal with a slightly too-firm mattress, a very tiny TV that gets about a dozen stations and no shampoo, then for the price this is a great bargain.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business