WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Unlike any hotel you stayed before” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Louisville Downtown

Hotel Louisville Downtown
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Louisville
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Ranked #64 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
istanbul
“Unlike any hotel you stayed before”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

First of all, it is a considerably safe place to stay for a bargain price. No other place in downtown can match its value. This hotel is run by a charity (Wayside Christian Mission) as a project to provide shelter and rehabilitation. Don't expect amenities as in a for-profit hotel, but keep in mind that you are contributing as a guest to this great project.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank utkana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the hotel louisville was a pleasant stay. My room was clean and very comfortable.i enjoyed my stay at the hotel.The hospitality was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. The food was excellent and you could tell it came from the heart of the workers that made it.I also enjoyed the free breakfast,and coffee of course!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank marymckune
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here based on recommendations. It has a great location to downtown, and a great price. The staff, however, is not that great. I understand and support the program they have here to help the homeless become independent and gain skills, but they need to teach them proper customer service skills. They are the rudest staff ever. No one knows anything, and getting info is like pulling teeth. I ended up getting a refund, but I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the 9th floor or above.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Ayana S

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Martin, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

For those of you booking for the FFA convention next year, this is not a good place to have highschool kids. The National FFA told them to put volunteer workers on the 10th floor( some must be better floors than others). They put the kids on the 7th floor. Nasty! Nasty! Nasty!.They do not tell you they house homeless people in the bottom floors. The matress had blood on side as well as brown spots all over it. Broken window along with a fire alarm broken and hanging from wall. It looked like someone had taken a crowbar to the door. Lamp had huge brown spots. When the girls tried to get better rooms, they were told all booked up. The" hotel" should be forced to admit about the homeless shelter and that they are trying to get people back on their feet. I hope everyone that was as disgusted with their rooms tells what it was like as well. The only reason they are getting a 1 is because they will not let me give a zero. I will be e-mailing the Better Business Bureau as well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
17 Thank Cheryl O
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Its a good place to stay cheap and clean but there are to many homeless and outside its not safe. People sitting around the hotel looking at you like they want to rob you. We walk 8 blocks to the hospital everyday and we see a lot of stuff.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank mominneed1965
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel the night I left Louisville back in February 2013. I had been a resident of Wayside in the program for women in transition called Safe Haven. I thank God for the two months in the program. The hotel room was large and very clean. I knew that some of the clients lived there, even knew some of them. But we have to remember, every one goes through hard times at some point in our life. Some have to fight harder to get back on their feet, some sad to say never make it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Anita G
Paducah, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Omg I still can't get past almost staying here. I booked a room because I had a training scheduled at this hotel. I arrived and noticed all the people that were milling around late at night, as I arrived late. It was odd, almost if the people lived there. I got my key and as I started towards my room I had a very uneasy feeling. All of the people appeared to be sketchy. I stopped at a kiosk to show my room key as it was posted to show key. I noticed a long hallway on the other side where many people were either standing or sitting. It seemed strange. I went to the elevator where there were several people. I could smell alcohol and the people in the elevator were once again sketchy. . The lady on the elevator told me I had to scan my card to get to the floor I needed. It was obvious at this point that these people lived here and they were eyeballing me almost as if they were suspicious . In hindsight they were probably wondering what in the heck I was doing there! I got to my floor and a man is sitting in a chair right outside the elevator with no shirt on, very inappropriate. I go to my room, open the door, and someone's belongings are in there. I go back down and the clerk offers to send security back up with me in case I get another wrong room. I'm a little more concerned now. I go back up by myself though, run into several more sketchy people. Get into my room and there is blood on the toilet and public hair. I get on my Facebook to check in and one of my former classmates informs me that I'm pretty much at a homeless shelter. Yep, that makes sense. I was beginning to think I was at a halfway house. The clerk gave me money back and I appreciate it.

• Stayed August 2013