“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!”

Hotel Louisville Downtown
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Ranked #72 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hello to staff and people of hotel Louisville I got to have the pleasure of staying at your hotel as a shaperone to a youth convention we were attending. I must say I think that it is a wonderful mission you all are doing and it was great to get to know some of you. hope to see you again next year. I will also be letting fellow church members know of what a wonderful place this is and when they need a place to stay if they are in louisville they will have a new place to stay. You all were very welcoming and polite and made sure that we had everything that we needed. rooms were very clean and well kept. Thank you again to hotel louisville for a wonderful time.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jyll H
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello and thank you for the good words! It is always a pleasure having church groups joining us! Some church groups come here as a place for a quiet retreat while others come to serve and volunteer--either way, we welcome with open arms all those who honor us by staying at Hotel Louisville! Our rooms are clean and comfortable and our staff is genuinely friendly--we are the home of real southern hospitality! Stop by for lunch--we offer an absolutely amazing $5 buffet that no other restaurant can match! And we have added brand new menu items including a grilled meatloaf sandwich that you simply must try and several new salads including my new favorite--Monterrey Chicken Salad! Real sit-down food at fast food prices! Enjoy our $5 lunch buffet and you will think twice about eating fast food from a paper sack ever again! The next time your church group comes here for a visit, please stop at the front desk and say "hello!" We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a terrible hotel! It probably was nice back in its prime but not today. There wasn't a remote control, iron, or a trash can anywhere in the room or bathroom. When I called downstairs, they told me that the remote had probably been stolen. The bathroom was dirty and my shoes stuck to the floor. The formerly white towels had black spots and hair in them. The lotion was half-used. This was one of the nastiest hotels that I ever stayed. I was originally booked for 2 nights and only stayed 1 night because it was so late when I arrived. Absolutely disgusting!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ursula O
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hello. I am deeply sorry that you found our accommodations not to your liking. As we receive an overwhelming preponderance of favorable reviews online and in person, your negative response is indeed a concern to us--a concern we do not take lightly. A good rule of thumb, whether in a hotel, a restaurant, a bank, or any business, is to bring the complaint to a manager. Had I or any member of our management team spoken with you, we could have resolved the problem immediately. An immediate resolution of a given problem is what all unhappy customers want--and it is what we want, too! As bad news travels more quickly than good news, we seek to resolve those occasional customer complaints on the spot--but we need to hear from the dissatisfied customer first. Again, it may be after the fact, but please know that we strive to offer clean room, friendly service, and real southern hospitality at reasonable rates. Our business has grown since acquiring the hotel and we want to make 2013 a banner year--and we do this one satisfied customer at a time.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel. Besides the price I was taken by the mission of the hotel. It was really nice to stay at a hotel that has the mission of being affordable. The hotel was clean and very nice. One problem - I was there 9 days and I had housekeeping 3 times. The other 6 days the housekeepers never knocked on my door. Now I wasn't there in my room 24 hours a day, but I was there a good part of the day. And it was a little disconcerting to see bundles of linen in the hallways everyday. There was never any directions concerning linen that I saw. Over-all I didn't mind staying in the Hotel Louisville Downtown...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Owen J
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Hello! I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

As a reminder, our housekeepers can get to rooms in a speedier manner when the DO NOT DISTURB sign is removed from the door handle.

As always, we want our guests comfortable; if you have a question, comment, or concern, simply call the front desk. You will never be ignored and we can solve nearly all concerns easily enough!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed at hotel louisville many times, infact I am a resident of louisville. My wife and I find it very convienent to stay at the hotel when we party on fourth street. Love the rooms, love the staff, and love the view of broadway from the upper floors. Only complaint that I really have is the security guards. They sometimes are rude, treat you like you dont belong in the building, and force you to dig out your room key to enter the building at the main entrance and then again at the elevators. I went thru this unaccomidating experience everytime I exited the building and reentered. I was like "hello you just made me show you my card not 10 minutes ago!" Any how overall it was a plesant experience.

Room Tip: west side rooms have a good veiw of broadway and second st. 7 floor and up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chad M
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hello! I am delighted that you are a regular customer...and we hope you keep coming back again and again! We offer comfortable rooms at deeply discounted prices and we want to continue keeping our prices low while maintaining high standards. We work hard seeing that our guests are comfortable--but we also want them to feel safe. While Louisville is among the safer major cities, some travelers may worry about staying at a downtown hotel. Yes, we do insist on verifying room keys and yes, this can be a bit inconvenient, but we do not want would-be criminals roaming about the hotel. If our security seems a bit strict, we do this for our valued guests' protection. Too, if we are going to err, let us err on the side of caution. It has been said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We think this maxim holds true in the hospitality industry, too! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

for the money you cannot beat this place. on broadway, it use to be a holiday inn. has a very cheap lunch of fried chicken, brooclie, greenbeans, patatos and peach cobbler for 5.00 and $1.00 for the drink. The people are all nice. I have eaten there over 40 times and never had any problem.

The hotel meeting rooms are good, nothing to brag about but good.

They have the best prices of any place in louisville. Currently $44 a night. If you have large church groups you can get a better price.

Don't bring professional clients you are trying to impress, the hotel is older, but if you have friends and want to help the local economy and local charities.... this is the place to be.

Room Tip: free parking... close to church hill downs and down town. you can walk to the basketball areana but...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank conway s
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I shared your review with members of our kitchen staff and wait staff--they were delighted by the favorable comments! Thank you for being our guest...we place a great emphasis on providing real southern hospitality!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a business person, I frequent many restaurants for lunch and dinner meetings. Today was my first time at the Louisville Hotel for a lunch meeting. Everyone was so kind and well-mannered. We had the lunch buffet and the food was fine and the servers always had smiles! The prices are very, very reasonable. As an added bonus, I discovered they had wi-fi so I was able to check my email and reply to something that was time-sensitive. This definitely will not be my last trip here.... Also, knowing that my dollars are going to help a a worthwhile charity is a nice feeling.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy S

If we can provide quality food, friendly service, and a pleasant atmosphere and do all this without draining one's wallet or purse, we believe we have done our job! I am convinced our $5 luncheon buffet is the best bargain in town, but we have evening specials, too! We are currently serving breakfast from 5 PM until 8 PM. Do you get a craving for biscuits and gravy or eggs and bacon during the evening hours? If so, come see us! And don't leave without sampling one of our wonderful coffee beverages! Our coffee shop is beautiful--a real fireplace, rich wood paneling, and a patio facing Broadway. We have a lot to offer--and we won't take your last dollar!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am a student at a local seminary and enjoy the opportunity to come to a quiet place and study; I take full advantage of the free wi-fi. I also enjoy eating lunch in the restaurant as the prices are reasonable and the food is excellent. The clincher for me is that the employees are friendly and always glad to see you come back. The fact that they are being trained in their various jobs makes coming to the hotel an opportunity to help people learn good job skills. I highly recommend Hotel Louisville to any and all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank David F
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you! Hotel Louisville offers good food that is modestly priced, premium coffee beverages, and a great atmosphere that is always conducive to study or an intimate conversation between friends! Come back and see us soon!