“most affordable place to stay in town.”

Hotel Louisville Downtown
Hotel Louisville Downtown
Ranked #66 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 18, 2012

for the money you cannot beat this place. on broadway, it use to be a holiday inn. has a very cheap lunch of fried chicken, brooclie, greenbeans, patatos and peach cobbler for 5.00 and $1.00 for the drink. The people are all nice. I have eaten there over 40 times and never had any problem.

The hotel meeting rooms are good, nothing to brag about but good.

They have the best prices of any place in louisville. Currently $44 a night. If you have large church groups you can get a better price.

Don't bring professional clients you are trying to impress, the hotel is older, but if you have friends and want to help the local economy and local charities.... this is the place to be.

Room Tip: free parking... close to church hill downs and down town. you can walk to the basketball areana but...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank conway s
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I shared your review with members of our kitchen staff and wait staff--they were delighted by the favorable comments! Thank you for being our guest...we place a great emphasis on providing real southern hospitality!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a business person, I frequent many restaurants for lunch and dinner meetings. Today was my first time at the Louisville Hotel for a lunch meeting. Everyone was so kind and well-mannered. We had the lunch buffet and the food was fine and the servers always had smiles! The prices are very, very reasonable. As an added bonus, I discovered they had wi-fi so I was able to check my email and reply to something that was time-sensitive. This definitely will not be my last trip here.... Also, knowing that my dollars are going to help a a worthwhile charity is a nice feeling.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy S

If we can provide quality food, friendly service, and a pleasant atmosphere and do all this without draining one's wallet or purse, we believe we have done our job! I am convinced our $5 luncheon buffet is the best bargain in town, but we have evening specials, too! We are currently serving breakfast from 5 PM until 8 PM. Do you get a craving for biscuits and gravy or eggs and bacon during the evening hours? If so, come see us! And don't leave without sampling one of our wonderful coffee beverages! Our coffee shop is beautiful--a real fireplace, rich wood paneling, and a patio facing Broadway. We have a lot to offer--and we won't take your last dollar!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am a student at a local seminary and enjoy the opportunity to come to a quiet place and study; I take full advantage of the free wi-fi. I also enjoy eating lunch in the restaurant as the prices are reasonable and the food is excellent. The clincher for me is that the employees are friendly and always glad to see you come back. The fact that they are being trained in their various jobs makes coming to the hotel an opportunity to help people learn good job skills. I highly recommend Hotel Louisville to any and all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank David F
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you! Hotel Louisville offers good food that is modestly priced, premium coffee beverages, and a great atmosphere that is always conducive to study or an intimate conversation between friends! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

From the moment you enter the hotel there is a comfortable cozy feel. The staff treats you like family and the food is really good. Whether you choose the buffet or my favorite, the chicken salad sandwich, you will be pleased. Oh, the lounge also makes good smoothies. So the next time you are thinking of a place for lunch, look to Hotel Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for the kind words--we are glad you enjoyed your lunch! The next time you stop by, visit our coffee shop! You may take your lunch on the patio overlooking Broadway while enjoying one of our expert coffee beverages!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was only there for lunch but the service was excellent. You get a great meal at a really affordable price. The hotel is really neat and clean and provides a relaxing atmosphere. I think its going to be one of my regular lunch places. I would highly reccomend Hotel Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us! Traditionally, students are on a tight budget! We are a welcome haven for college students and seminarians who want good food, Wi-Fi, and an atmosphere conducive to learning! And if you need a good coffee pick-me-up for late night studies, our Holy Grounds Coffee Shoppe is just the place! Hurry back!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The service in the resturant and the coffee shop is good at Hotel Louisville, and the prices are great!
The servers, cook staff, and front desk persons are building their skill sets. I am happy to use my money to help others learn life skills.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pam s
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for the kind words! Our $5 weekday luncheon buffet may be the best bargain in downtown Louisville! We even offer dollar menu items! Bring your appetites! We hope you will enjoy our hospitality again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. Not only was the staff helpful and welcoming but the room was super clean (always a huge concern of mine!). I appreciated having access to the fitness center. It's a beautiful hotel and I will definitely stay here everytime I visit Louisville.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Your kind words are appreciated! The next time your travels bring you to Louisville, we hope you will stay with us!