“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #70 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Allen, Texas
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. Not only was the staff helpful and welcoming but the room was super clean (always a huge concern of mine!). I appreciated having access to the fitness center. It's a beautiful hotel and I will definitely stay here everytime I visit Louisville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nina M, Manager at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Your kind words are appreciated! The next time your travels bring you to Louisville, we hope you will stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bowral, Southern Highlands
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here with our 1 year old Son as part of a month-long American holiday. When we arrived in Louisville we did not have a reservation and it was Memorial Weekend. We were a little concerned if we would find a place to stay until we came across this hotel.

I went in to see if they had any rooms available while my partner got our son out of the car.

The front desk was very friendly and we got a room for $80 and a voucher for a $5 breakfast each the next morning.

I couldn't put my finger on it at the time but something about the place didn't seem like any other hotel we had stayed at. For instance - no-one had a uniform to represent the hotel and the front desk didn't have a computer, our reciept was a hand written one.

Once we got to our room we looked on trip advisor and realised what we had booked......................and we LOVED the concept. A christian mission-run hotel that is helping people who have had a rough time in life get back on their feet again. My understanding is that it's mainly women and their children who live in the hotel (separate from the guest areas) and are working in the hotel, running it. There are men too such as our waiter for breakfast the next morning - Kenneth. I don't normally mention the staff's name in my reviews because mostly we recieve good service everywhere we go but Kenneth was such a beautiful man. He greeted us with such warmth and he was so very nice to our son. He looked after us for the 1/2 hour that we were in there for breakfast the same way he looked after all the others in there that morning. He won't remember us but we remember him as his smiling face and great attitude really started us off on the right foot for the day.

If there was one thing that I would suggest it would be the promotion of what this hotel is trying to achieve. It took me to look it up on the internet to work out what the hotel is all about. I think it should really be promoted more as it is such a great way to help people get training and get back some self-confidence.

We had a great stay. I would love to stay again. (The bed in our room needed updating though as it was one of the less comfortable beds of our month's holiday).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Kimmybigbuy
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Gave me bed bud and didnt even refund my money ruined my vacation still itching as we speak and didnt even get a phone call back from whoever is ms linda rude and bad for business. I also found the bedbug and brung it to the front desk lady have pictures

• Stayed June 2011
14 Thank begbugs

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My first bad experience with this hotel was going to my room and finding it occupied by someone else. Luckily, I saw the do not disturb sign on the door and had someone from housekeeping knock on the door, and sure enough the door was answered by the room's current occupant! The desk clerk wasn't apologetic, she just made an excuse and assigned me to another room. While I was in bed, I saw a small brown bug crawling on the bedspread toward me. I looked up bedbug on my laptop and sure enough that is exactly what it was. After I killed it, I placed it in a water cup and took it down to the front desk. I asked for my money back and was told that they couldn't do that without the approval of the manager who was not on the premises. I was really tired, and I didn't feel like arguing and was given another room. I was very afraid and anxious about getting bed bugs in my luggage and transmitting them to my brother's house where I was flying to next. I washed all my clothes after getting to my brother's house, but I was afraid that I might contaminate his home. I felt a lot of anxiety over the situation, and it put a real damper on the rest of my vacation. I am home now but I am still worried about there being bed bugs in my home. This was hands down the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
12 Thank Jeannine C
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I think the hotel and the mission are such a great concept. I would like to see that concept in many other major cities throughout the US. The wait staff were very helpful and polite. Front desk associates were very helpful and willing to do what ever they needed to make your stay enjoyable.

There where some regristration issues, but I thought they were handled in a very professional manner. It isn't easy when you have to big organizations meeting at the same time. Again I thing the staff did an amazing job of dealing with the issues. I would suggest that you may want to look into getting a computer system that may make check in go quicker and much smoother.

Room Tip: Plan to arrive after 3. Rooms aren't ready until after that time, but worth the wait.
1 Thank Jamie C
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The looks from the outside are deceiving. The inside is lovely and the staff are very pleasant. Knowing the background of who runs and works the hotel is very heartwarming. My only concern was I had no functioning smoke detector (face was laying on top of the dresser) and I couldn't figure out how to adjust the thermostat. Mechanical issues is all. Room was clean and well supplied. Restaurant staff are very friendly and pleasant. If there was one thing I could suggest it would be vending machines. At least one should be available in the building if not feasible on each floor. It's not the best location to be venturing out after dark for a bottle of water or a snack.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor - can't speak for other floors.
2 Thank Rita G
Raymond, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2012

One nice thing about this hotel is there is a resturant at the hotel. Prices are very very reasonable. The staff is extremely friendly, makes one feel at home and they are always willing to take care of your needs.

1 Thank Judy W