“Good location, decent hotel, average condition rooms, no breakfast.”

Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed March 2013 for 2 nights in king room with couch. This is located in a good location for business and other access. Older property that has been updated which is easy to tell based on the wide hallways on the room floors and the older, but repainted, fire safety doors with service cart rub strips found midway down the room floor hallways.

The room furnishings are nice designs but the couch could have used some cleaning at minimum or re upholstery. The bed, other furniture and desk equipment were good.Since it is an older property the bathroom is quite small (but functional) while the room hallway/clothes hanging/closet space is huge. The room was a good average clean. My room was not one that had a microwave or refrigerator. The curtains seemed to have one or two of their top hooks broken but still functioned.

The elevators were clean but one smelled like hydraulic fluid which didn't inspire confidence.

On the first morning we tried to get the breakfast but were told that breakfast only served if the hotel was 85% or above occupancy. This was not explained in advance so we had to go to a Bob Evans restaurant down the road for breakfast. We saw the small lobby bar but did not use it a there was a large liquor store located about a block away.

When we stayed at the hotel, there seemed to be some scruffy-looking, long-term stay people whose job site work was rained out so they were hanging around reading newspapers and occasionally shooting the bull with the desk clerks but that was not the hotel's fault. There seemed to be a low level of sketchiness about the surrounding area but nothing that worried us as the parking lot was well lit. It is on a highway so you will hear some noise from passing emergency vehicle sirens but no noise issues otherwise.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or above.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear econobiker,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay with us. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Terrible customer services, I have had an issue with the bill and I keep getting transferred to the general managers voicemail, her name is Jodi, she is suppose to be in her office but she never picks up or returns calls ever. The front desk transfers you all over the place but the people they transfer you to never pick up. I escalated the issue to Corporate and they took care of the issue and apologized for Jodi's lack of customer service skills.

1  Thank chris1334
Chris N, Guest Relations Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Chris1334,

I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication regarding your billing issue. Our Front Office is usually pretty great with billing issues, this must have slipped through somehow. I hate to hear that any guest has a lack luster stay while here at Holiday Inn Louisville Southwest, so with that being said, please contact me directly to discuss this in further detail.

Thank you for taking the time to assist us in making our hotel better,
Chris N.
chris.nokes@pillahotels.com
502-448-2020 ext 179

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Staff Very Rude!!! Closed Pool Early But No Sigh Up. Very Poor Services!!! People Hanging around Front Desk All Day. No Fridge OR microwave In Room. No Towels At Pool Or In Gym. Staff Knew Towels Were Empty, DidNothing

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank dmrb3
Chris N, Guest Relations Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

DMRB3,

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I, like no one like to hear guest having issues in their hotel, however without bring brought to my attention I can't solve them. Please be assured this has been addressed and I have implemented a procedure for our pool and workout facility so this does not happen again. I would like to welcome you back if you are ever in the area to show you just how serious we are about our guest comments.

Yours in Service,
Chris

Reviewed March 13, 2013

From the moment I walked into the hotel, there was a welcome feeling. I arrived at 9:30pm , and the front desk person greeted me with a smile. The Bar was full, and all were enjoying them selves. My room was VERY clean, and I had a great nights sleep. The fitness room meet all my needs, and I had a GREAT egg white Omlete for breakfast....what a nice way to start a long day of meetings. Thanks to everyone who made my stay a VERY nice one.

1  Thank Amy A
Chris N, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Louisville Fair & Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

AmyA,

I am glad we were able to meet your needs while you stayed with us. From the sound of it you were able to enjoy our newly remodeled fitness area as well as our Chef's famous egg white omelet. If ever in the area again, please stop by and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

First, let me start by saying, there's no Free Breakfast. We like to stay at hotels with at least continental breakfast but this hotel did not have that. They did have a restaurant downstairs which looked very nice. It ended up being OK because we found a Big Boy Restaurant nearby and fell in love with it. Since it was Thanksgiving time, the hotel was close to empty. It was quiet, our room was perfect for our needs and it was in an excellent location. One piece of advice: go beyond the hotel, and everything is OK; go the other way, and there are girlie bars galore. For some reason, our GPS took us through that area at night as a shortcut. No matter what, we felt safe. We actually felt safe everywhere we went in Louisville.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Roundabout1959,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding our missed opportunity with free breakfast. I would like to say, we have a package that includes breakfast and I am sorry you weren't given the opportunity to book that. I am working with our restaurant to work smaller grab and go items for guest. As you mentioned`the girlie bars are to the left however, we can't control location and what came after the hotel. Safety, cleanliness and guest service are all #1 with us and that will continue to be our mission. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Specifically requested room away from elevator (in advance on website) and got one 3 paces from the elevator (very noisy).Came back to hotel next day at 4pm to work from room and room was still not cleaned. Called front desk 4 times - no answer, so I had to go back down. After is was "cleaned", the coffee machine still dirty,no Kleenex refilled (even left tip). Purchased a "Dasani" water from a vending machine and got some off brand I never heard of. Waited at restaurant for 15 minutes for service, then left. I expected a LOT more from a full Holiday Inn (not express or other banner).

Room Tip: Use another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peabocoop

Peabocoop,

I would like to appologize for your inconviences during your stay. We do our best to accomodate every guest with location preferences however sometimes we drop the ball. I would like to say, we do not take lightly our cleaning efforts and to hear that housekeeping was unable to live up to that during your stay has been addressed. We take every effort and comment to heart and have made major changes since you stayed with us. I would like to invite you back and see just how much we have moved forward. Please contact me directly to discuss booking your next stay.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Louisville and I was so happy to find out the Holiday Inn Southwest was easy to get to from the airport and all of my appointments (UofL, Expo Center). The hotel is right off the highway! Pat in the restaurant for breakfast was an absolute delight, excellent service! I had dinner at the hotel as well, Bourbun Chicken was delicious and I highly reccomend it.

• Stayed: November 2012