“Such a shame...Dirty and not maintained”

Super 8 Louisville Airport
Ranked #80 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Auckland, New Zealand
“Such a shame...Dirty and not maintained”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night when we passed through Louisville. Easy highway access and easy to find but thats about where it ends. Even though the room we got was refurbished I think that this 'new' feeling wont last long given the state of their housekeeping.
Check in took ages due to a slow front desk person and a guy looking for rooms for his work crew. Finally got to check in and she couldnt find our reservation but eventually gave us a room.
On arrival in our room my husband used the toilet, only to find that it was dirty and didnt flush. On inspection of the room we found a maintenance form beside the bed telling staff that the toilet didnt flush. Seems that housekeeping "cleaned" the room but not particularly well...bed was made with clean sheets but form was missed as was toilet. Also when picking up my sons toys to move out of the room I noticed a dirty sock under the bed surrounded by dust. Who knows how long it had been there. Went back to reception and the staff member couldnt have cared less about the state of the room but gave us a new one.
New room had a very, very stale smell but luckily the windows open so could get fresh air. Air con was hopless old unit though. Even though the room has been refurbished and had wood-like floor there was a really awful, dirty, stained piece of carpet under the beds, yuck!
It was after we got back from dinner that we noticed the baby roaches start to appear!!! We squashed about 8 of them in the bathroom and around our bed. Luckily they werent very big but you know where you see baby roaches then there is sure to be a mother around too! Told reception as we checked out but again she didnt care and wasnt surprised.
Breakfast was fine but very little food put out.
Wont stay again!
To

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Im sorry that your visit came at a transition time with new management and staff. We are training new staff to give each guest a great stay experience. I hope that you will consider giving us another try on your next visit to the area.
Stacy Lester, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 21, 2013

found this hotel online and booked. It was one of the cheapest in the area and didn't have unrealistic expectations for my room. The outside I would consider average, but the front desk person was helpful and polite. My room was clean and met my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations with a clean room and good rate. I would like to invite you back to stay with us again next time you are in the area so that we can provide you with an exceptional guest experience!
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We reserved (paid in advance) a group of rooms. My family arrived later and found our room was given away. (Even though the day person had set our key aside when the others checked in) So, while the rest of our group was on one floor, we were on another. The room was disgusting with mold in the tub, light fixture, and bathroom door. The room smelled-thankfully we were able to open the window. However, being November, we were treated to cold weather and noise due to the highway being right outside. The beds are barely off the floor and hard as a rock. The check-in person was rude, to not only us but the others all waiting in line. The room was dirty with the chairs and carpet stained. The area outside was very sketchy and I (as a female) did not feel safe walking to my car alone. We stayed here at the advice of somebody who said it was a great deal-it is not. Next time, we will spring for any other hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. We have made some staffing and procedural changes since your stay that will help us in providing exceptional service and increase efficiency. I would like to invite you back again on your next trip to the area so that you can have a Super guest experience that we strive to provide.
Monroe, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is right off I-65- easy off, easy on. We got there about 8p. The lobby had some people in it that made me feel uncomfortable. The hotel was full as the outside sign was off and there was a sign on the desk saying there were no rooms available. From the looks of the people i saw walking around, the hotel has a group of people that stay there regularly. The breakfast was okay, with no hot items. The room had lights on when we entered it making us wonder if housekeeping was done or if some one else had been given the room. There was no carpeting on the floor. The living area of the room had wood-looking vinyl on it. The toilet was an enery saving one, but didn't do a good job of getting rid of waste. I found the hotel on one of the internet sights, but the reviews didn't tell the whole story. Finally, the neighborhood isn't one of the best.

Room Tip: For one night if your budget is tight, it's okay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the not so welcome experience you encountered while staying at our property. We have undergone some procedural changes with new management so that we can provide each of our guests with a safe, welcoming place to stay while visiting the Louisville area.
Stacy Lester
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Exterior looks suspect. Arrived at dark and no lights on outside. Operator had to lie to get me to get 2 rooms. What is up with this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay and that did not feel welcome when coming into the property. We have corrected the outside lighting and have had some staffing changes so that we may provide each guest a safe and welcoming experience.
Brandon
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at hotel in August. When first arrived room I booked was not what I had booked. Went to front desk and they moved us to the room that I had asked for and reserved. Room smelled very stale if we had the window open bathroom fan on and A/C it cleared up. At first it smelled like they had washed the hardwood floor with a dirty mop and water. Other than that our room was most suitable for my needs. Breakfast was very cheap never any milk, muffins etc. could use a little thought and supervision. When you look at number of rooms booked which was pretty much full house this week you need to staff and supply the food accordingly. I see as of recent reviews you are still making excuses as to why main floor ice machine and snack and pop machine are not working. I tip the housekeeping staff at any hotel for doing a good job of cleaning room and I feel they did appreciate it and take extra care to do a good job in our room.

Room Tip: main floor was fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your recent stay was only Middle of the road. Since your stay we have made some staffing schedule changes and procedural changes to ensure breakfast is attended to and there is more efficiency in meeting the guests needs. I invite you back to try us again so that we can provide you with a Super experience.