“Clean, Average Room, Good Rate”

Super 8 Louisville Airport
Ranked #85 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, Average Room, Good Rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

found this hotel online and booked. It was one of the cheapest in the area and didn't have unrealistic expectations for my room. The outside I would consider average, but the front desk person was helpful and polite. My room was clean and met my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations with a clean room and good rate. I would like to invite you back to stay with us again next time you are in the area so that we can provide you with an exceptional guest experience!
Stacy Lester, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hudsonville, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We reserved (paid in advance) a group of rooms. My family arrived later and found our room was given away. (Even though the day person had set our key aside when the others checked in) So, while the rest of our group was on one floor, we were on another. The room was disgusting with mold in the tub, light fixture, and bathroom door. The room smelled-thankfully we were able to open the window. However, being November, we were treated to cold weather and noise due to the highway being right outside. The beds are barely off the floor and hard as a rock. The check-in person was rude, to not only us but the others all waiting in line. The room was dirty with the chairs and carpet stained. The area outside was very sketchy and I (as a female) did not feel safe walking to my car alone. We stayed here at the advice of somebody who said it was a great deal-it is not. Next time, we will spring for any other hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. We have made some staffing and procedural changes since your stay that will help us in providing exceptional service and increase efficiency. I would like to invite you back again on your next trip to the area so that you can have a Super guest experience that we strive to provide.
Stacy Lester, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Monroe, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is right off I-65- easy off, easy on. We got there about 8p. The lobby had some people in it that made me feel uncomfortable. The hotel was full as the outside sign was off and there was a sign on the desk saying there were no rooms available. From the looks of the people i saw walking around, the hotel has a group of people that stay there regularly. The breakfast was okay, with no hot items. The room had lights on when we entered it making us wonder if housekeeping was done or if some one else had been given the room. There was no carpeting on the floor. The living area of the room had wood-looking vinyl on it. The toilet was an enery saving one, but didn't do a good job of getting rid of waste. I found the hotel on one of the internet sights, but the reviews didn't tell the whole story. Finally, the neighborhood isn't one of the best.

Room Tip: For one night if your budget is tight, it's okay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the not so welcome experience you encountered while staying at our property. We have undergone some procedural changes with new management so that we can provide each of our guests with a safe, welcoming place to stay while visiting the Louisville area.
Stacy Lester
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Exterior looks suspect. Arrived at dark and no lights on outside. Operator had to lie to get me to get 2 rooms. What is up with this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay and that did not feel welcome when coming into the property. We have corrected the outside lighting and have had some staffing changes so that we may provide each guest a safe and welcoming experience.
Brandon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at hotel in August. When first arrived room I booked was not what I had booked. Went to front desk and they moved us to the room that I had asked for and reserved. Room smelled very stale if we had the window open bathroom fan on and A/C it cleared up. At first it smelled like they had washed the hardwood floor with a dirty mop and water. Other than that our room was most suitable for my needs. Breakfast was very cheap never any milk, muffins etc. could use a little thought and supervision. When you look at number of rooms booked which was pretty much full house this week you need to staff and supply the food accordingly. I see as of recent reviews you are still making excuses as to why main floor ice machine and snack and pop machine are not working. I tip the housekeeping staff at any hotel for doing a good job of cleaning room and I feel they did appreciate it and take extra care to do a good job in our room.

Room Tip: main floor was fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your recent stay was only Middle of the road. Since your stay we have made some staffing schedule changes and procedural changes to ensure breakfast is attended to and there is more efficiency in meeting the guests needs. I invite you back to try us again so that we can provide you with a Super experience.
Riverview
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

the room smelled like smoke, they we went into the bathroom and noticed the mold all over the ceiling and around the tub. and after a hot day the air conditioner made noise but barely blew and air out of the unit.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the not so pleasant experience you encountered during your stay at our property. We have addressed the issues you mentioned since your stay. We have put into place some new procedures that will help in providing each guest with a clean, comfortable room. I hope that you will try us again if in the area so that we may provide you with a better guest experience.
Stacy Lester
Lutz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I left tampa florida aat 6am and arrived in Louisville ky at about7 pm Tired I went to the red roof inn, Please he acted as if he was doing me a favor, and then he said 109 a night and I asked about the super 8 and he said there prices were as his was, I went over ther any ways and it was not that high and the motel was nice and comfy and your staff acted as if I was welcomed. So thank you and I had a great Night sleep,

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I am happy that we were able to make you feel welcome and that you had a great nights sleep at our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon!