“i arived at the hotel after 6 pm and they had no rooms this...”

Super 8 Louisville Airport
Ranked #83 of 95 Hotels in Louisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
plymouth, mi
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This property was quite impressive and a definite step up from your average Super 8. It seems to be newly remodeled and has the feel of a European Style travel hotel with hardwood floors and compartmental furniture, It was quite clean and comfortable. In some respects it is still a budget hotel - sub-par linens, limited amenities, etc, but if you are on a budget and want a nice clean, modern room, I'm not sure you'll do better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review and compliments. I am pleased that you were happy with your room at Super 8 Louisville Airport! We strive to provide a great guest experience for all our customers. Thank you again and we hope to see you again as our guest.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel a year ago to site see Kentucky. It's not a bad place to stay for the price they charged us. 3 nights with 2 other people and at around 60 bucks a pop, that's $180, so that's $20 per night for one person. The employees here seem very nice. They were very kind to us during our stay here. Rooms are the same size as if you were to stay at a Holiday Inn or Marriott, but for cheaper. Had a lot of channels on the television, and, yes, the television is a decent-sized HDTV. A lot of the channels were high definition so you don't have to worry about fuzziness/white static. My room had a drawer and a nice, big desk to put my electronics on. Most hotel rooms are the same and laid out the same, let's be honest, and this is definitely no different than others, but.. it's cheaper. Cheaper isn't always a bad thing, especially here, because it's run by people who know how to operate their business in such a proficient and customer-service providing way.

Although the area it is located on may seem shabby, especially at night, I think for the price, it is not a bad place to stay for a few nights. I wouldn't recommend walking around this area at night, but if you do, bring a few friends with you for peace of mind. Would stay here again if I ever revisit Kentucky.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. Here at Super 8 Airport, Preston HWY we strive to give our guests an exceptional stay at a minimal price. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you stay with us again!
Corydon
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well the one good thing I can say was the price and room was clean and somewhat renovated. However the building itself looks crapy and not the best looking clientele either! 95% positive there was a hooker walking from a cab to another room down the hall from us. Would not go back again for mine and my own families safety!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I'm glad to hear your room was satisfactory. I would like to apologize though that you did not feel comfortable at our hotel, steps have been taken to ensure an issue such as this does not arise again. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 10 times over the last year and a half. The average stay is 8 days a month. The rooms are kept extremely clean along with the inside of the hotel. Hotel staff are great and have gotten to know all of them personally with staying there so much. Stay at the hotel while my husband is having procedures done at the hospital and wouldn't stay any where else. They make sure that if you need something you get it within a reasonable time and usually faster than other hotels that are higher priced. The staff and location of this hotel have made me feel, comfortable and safe that when I take my little dog there is no worry about safety about walking him after dark. The area is well lighted and kept up. Have tried other hotels in the area that have higher rates but haven't gotten the service that this hotel has provided me. When I leave the hospital both me and my husband says well going home because that is the way the staff have made me feel. Have no problem with recommending this hotel to females that travel alone or people with families. Easy to get to and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Room Tip: The only rooms I would suggest if you are a light sleeper would on the end near the door since some...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your positive review and compliments. We strive to provide a great guest experience for all our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in a hotel that was so nasty. Carpet was suppose to be white or off white and it was brown and stained beyond belief. Was scared to walk around without socks or shoes on because there were COCKROACHES! Manager is never there, vending machine was broke, their complimentary breakfast was coffee, toast, and 2 choices of cereal. I have never been been so disgusted by a hotel in my life. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank CarrieScott
Rebecca S, Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I sincerely apologize that your recent stay at the Super 8 Louisville Airport was anything less than a Super experience. Pests are unwelcome guests, that, along with the other issues you voiced concern about are being addressed immediately. At Super 8 we want our guests to have the most comfortable stay as possible. Again, I am so sorry for your experience and thank you for providing feedback.