“Basic, but disappointing”

Days Inn Hurstbourne
Ranked #86 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Our rooms are clean and the wireless internet works (hence this review), but everything else has been disappointing. The hot tub does not work, a coffeemaker in one room and a light in the other are both broken, and it has taken several trips to and from the front desk to get working room keys. As for the shower... well, if you can hold the sprayer above your head (the clip is broken), shampoo your hair, AND keep the water from going through the huge rip in the shower curtain, you are doing well! We weren't expecting fancy, but this is definitely a letdown.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 23, 2009

The carpet blackened the bottom of my feet. The sheet had blood on it, and when I asked for clean ones, the manager (who had alcohol on his breath when I checked in) handed me 3 queen-sized sheets (the bed was a king). I had to change the sheets myself due to no evening maid service. Free breakfast was donuts, cereal or toast. The sink was broken by the drain and the tub was dirty. They forgot a wake-up call one morning (which is important because of no clock in the room). 3 lamps in the room, but only two worked. It was very noisy. The hotel manager or desk clerk (whatever he was) made a joke about a female customer and if the man with her was a customer of hers, or her son. I couldn't change hotels, due to my business already paying for this one.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Pool closed by health Dept
Ice Machine Broken
room had no water in it
no orange juice becouse machine was broken for breakfest
sink ready to fall off of the wall in brothers room
Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Rooms are exterior access only. Close to the freeway, so there was some freeway noise. Within short walking distance to Olive Garden and BP gas, and a longer walk or short drive to McDonald's. Many other fast food or chain restaurants near-by. Constant stream of smokers at the front door - rather annoying. Quiet at night. Room was average in size and cleanliness. My room had a fridge and microwave. The pool was busy all night.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank AdventureLass
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We just wanted a place to sleep for a one night stay passing through. We got there at 11pm. Check in was quick and easy. All the rooms have inside access only, a nice secuity feature. The room was big and just as advertised. Bed okay. Check out was also quick and easy. It was exactly what we wanted and at a very good price. No problems, no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank bargainhunter2
Reviewed July 24, 2006

1. I live in Europe but I am from the US. I travel world wide but found this hotel to be one of my worst experiences. I have stayed at many Days Inns and other chain hotels but I have never had such a poor experience at a Days Inn as this.
2. The entire hotel smelled of stale cigarettes. Non-smoking rooms were staggered between smoking rooms for the entire second floor. Why they couldn't put all smoking and non-smoking together, I don't know. All clothing smelled of cigarettes after the first nights stay.
3. The pool was nice and clean but closed early due to Kentucky law (or so we were told. (9pm))
4. The rooms were clean and adequate but smelled heavily of cigarette smoke.
5. The air conditioner in one of our rooms malfunctioned each day at about the same time. each time we complained we were told they would report it in the morning.
6. The pictures of the morning buffet that were on the internet were completely false. There wasn't even enough room in the breakfast area to provide a buffet as advertised and shown on Hotels and the Days Inn web site. Furthermore, we were told three different stories (for each morning we stayed) why there wasn't fresh fruit as advertised. The first morning the truck hadn't arrived. The second morning the fruit that was delivered was deemed unacceptable by management. The third morning the fruit that was delivered was unacceptable again.
7. The hotel charged my credit card for three nights on the first night. Without discussing it with us or telling us, they charged my credit card for three nights forcing us to either forfeit our money or stay even though we were unhappy with the accomodations. Highly unusual for a hotel to do this. In all of my travels I have never had this happen.
8. The hotel was unsecured at night. Although the desk clerk was inside behind a locked door, the outer door to the first floor near the pool, had a broken lock and anyone could walk in. When the desk clerk was told this on the first night she said "yea, it's been that way a while, I'll report it again tomorrow morning".
9. The entire housekeepiing staff did a wonderful job with cleaning the room and they had absolutely great attitudes. Much different than the "manager" and her staff. The management projected an image that said "we could care less is you stay here"
Definately not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank goatie52
Reviewed May 25, 2006

I looked all over the net for the best deal with a pool and whirlpool in Louisville. It's in the 80's outside so I thought it would be a great time to drive 100 plus miles to spend the night, swim/soak and then do the zoo the next day.
We got there, checked in, the kids got their swimming suits on and the pool was locked. No pool or whirlpool. Our whole reason for spending the night instead of driving up in one day was gone...The people at the front desk were nice but no refund so I could go to another hotel. We were stuck and the children very sad. BE CAREFUL. Call before going to this place!!
This is false advertising. They should at least have a disclaimer saying the pools were closed before you spend your money..

• Stayed: May 2006