“Brenda”

Ranked #34 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Brenda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is to let you know that Brenda who handles your breakfast buffet is awesome. She is always friendly and has a smile for everyone. This helps to give a good start to everyone's day. There is definately a different atmosphere when she is not there. Brenda always makes sure there is a good seleciton of food and it is always well stocked. She is a valuable asset to the Residence Inn team.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Brenda was so proud to have her name mentioned on a review. She really does go above and beyond to make sure that all of our guests are taken care of. We look forward to your next visit, and we know you will only choose Residence Inn Louisville East! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The people went out of their way to make you feel that you are at home. They bend over
backwards to make sure your stay is a great one
You must look out for the Appetizers or dinner. Its great.
Brelida is the Hotest and server for Breakfast was great.
I highly recommend them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review in TripAdvisor. The staff certainly appreciates your warm comments regarding your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our evening Social Hour, which we serve Monday through Wednesday night. We usually get a great turn out! Brenda also says "thanks" for the great mention! We hope to see you back again soon!
Loveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I normally stay at another hotel when I am in Louisville. Due to a large local event I had to choose another hotel. Upon checking in I noticed that the location is not well lit at night. I went into my room and notices cobwebs in the corners and wrinkled curtain, a large Stink Bug on the wall and a floor lamp that could not be plugged in because it was not near an outlet. After this bug met his demise I left it for housekeeping to vacuum the next day. This bug corps along with the spiders in webs in a corner remained until Wednesday when I finally had to ask to have my room vacuumed. The man at the desk was not apologetic but he did send someone to vacuum right away. I do not feel that I should ever have to ask a hotel to properly clean their rooms. I have moved to another Marriott for next week.

1 Thank Sara S
I am so sorry that we fell so far below expectations in your recent stay at our hotel. I agree that you should never have to ask to have your room cleaned properly, and it is disappointng to the staff that your room was not perfectly clean when you checked in. We have since taken steps to ensure that this does not happen to any guest in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what kind of service we offer here at Residence Inn Louisville East! Thank you so much for your comments to help us improve.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn East Hotel for approximately (2) months and I have enjoyed every minute of my stay. I have met a lot of very nice peoples that work there, but most of all I would like to say that Mary Jefferson is one of a kind when it comes to performing her duties. She is very friendly and goes above and beyond to ensure she us very attentive to her customers, and most of all, she does it with a smile on her face at all time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review! Mary is most assuredly an asset to this hotel, and she will be so pleased and proud to read your comments. She does an excellent job preparing the light evening meal on Monday through Wednesday. The staff has certainly enjoyed having you here with us the past couple of months. We hope you are taking time to enjoy many of the local attractions that Louisville has to offer. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Prospect, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed there from October 7-14 while my floors and roof were being redone. I found the manager, Kristen, and the staff to be incredibly friendly & helpful in a genuine way. Brenda, who was at charge during breakfast hours, was exceptionally welcoming, accommodating, and attentive to each and every guest that came in. Brenda was professional, efficient, yet warm and hospitable to every guest. What a pleasant stay in a clean pet friendly & welcoming environment!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We so enjoyed having you with us while your house was getting renovated. It was nice of your friends to recommend us as a place to stay, and it was fun to catch up on all of the doings of the family. Brenda and the staff miss you a lot, and hope you will stop by some time just to visit!
tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work. I found the staff to be extremely kind and helpful. I don't remember the names but I stayed July 14 & 15. The staff at check in and out as well as the evening food staff was EXTREMELY accommodating. I was definitely give kudos to the staff!!! Additionally there is a walgreens on site and a burger joint as well. If u arrive by cab u will need one to get around. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Crussell02,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass along the kind words. The included evening social is a nice bonus to the hotel! We also like the convenience of being able to walk to Walgreens and Smash Burger. When you return just ask us about other restaurants in the area, there are a few more within walking distance. We hope you had a safe trip home!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I arrived at the property after midnight to discover that it is an outdoor property. No elevators--I had requested an upper floor not realizing this so I had to carry my luggage up a couple flights of stairs. I was going to switch hotels the next morning but after having to unpack to get dressed, I decided to stay for the week instead of packing and unpacking. The complimentary breakfast is served in a separate building on the second floor so more stairs so beware if this is a problem.

It is an older design residence inn--everything is maintained and in working order.

Someone mentioned the noise from the street in an earlier review. I was close to the intersection and the noise level was not bad. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was fine--spacious, clean. Honest cleaning staff. I left something behind and called a couple days later--it was in lost and found and was mailed to me!!

As a single female traveling solo, the outside entrances make me nervous. However this hotel seemed safe, quiet--no problems. Other business travelers and families were guests at the hotel. Overall, a comfortable, convenient option in Louisville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ResortSpaLady
Dear ResortSpaLady,
Thank you for your kind review of your time with us! Even though you were not familiar with our style of Residence Inns, I am happy you had a comfortable stay. We are one the first Residence Inns to be opened so all of our rooms are apartment like with private entrances. And because it has been recently renovated, our guests can enjoy the comforts of a new hotel room in a home like setting.
For your convenience, you can visit www.marriott.com to see pictures of any of our properties worldwide so you can familiarize yourself with the hotel style before your arrival. Thank you for your business and safe travels!