“Welcoming place to stay with Grandchildren”

Residence Inn Louisville East
Ranked #34 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Richmond, Kentucky
“Welcoming place to stay with Grandchildren”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Residence Inn two BR, two bath condo-type hotel was perfect for our last minute two night stay with two adult daughters and 5 young grandchildren. The staff was very friendly, even going out of their way to make the little ones feel special. We had a slight rate discrepancy at check-in that was quickly resolved (in my favor). The premises were clean; pool just big enough (a baby pool would have been a nice addition though); large, clean grill for outdoor cooking; breakfast included in the rate made it a no-brainer. Conveniently located to I64 and just minutes from downtown activities (Science Center, zoo, Louisville Slugger museum, etc). Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Kelly Q,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your family getaway. Our spacious penthouse suites are perfect for families with plenty room to spread out. I am glad you and your family took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and our refreshing pool. We pride ourselves on wonderful customer service and I am happy you experienced that. We hope to see you again next time you are in Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed multiple nights during a two month work assignment... the rooms were clean (I had a wood burning fireplace too), the staff super friendly and the breakfast was hot, plentiful with lots of choices. Brenda was always concerned that I ate too much on the run...lol The manager's reception in the evening had plenty of food with beer and wine (I never had to buy dinner). Matt, the evening front desk person is very friendly and personable. One time, I checked out REALLY late after being held up at work on the day of my flight and the ladies at the front desk told me it was no big deal. This is a nice property and I highly recommend it. I will be back for sure. J.C Houston Tx

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear JOusley711,

Thank you for the great review! For your two month work assignment, you couldn't have picked a better location. Our spacious rooms,kitchenette in each room, and private entrances makes it feel like your own apartment. I am glad to hear our staff took good care of you, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We hope to see you again very soon!
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Last night a door hinge came out of one of the doors in my suite and I could not find a button to turn off a light, I called that night and got quick service. The next day both items were fixed. Also, some names just have to be mentioned for friendlyness and great customer service: Matt (front desk), Brenda, and Mary (Kitchen)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Kimberly K,

Thank you for your nice review about our hotel. Sorry about any inconvenience you experienced. It is great to hear that the staff was quick assisting you. They will be pleased to hear you were very happy with their service and that you remembered their names.
I hope to see you again next time you come to Louisville.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed here several times on business for a week at a time; My room is updated with a complete kitchen, queen size bed, desk, table, large flat screen tv and a wood burning fireplace(get logs at front desk but I receommend stopping at Kroger on your way to hotel); Front desk warm and welcoming and housekeeping does an excellent job; Have a great breakfast and lite supper monday, tuesday, wednesday. Close to malls and restaurants. I recommend Bristol Bar and Grille next door; has an excellent, filet, salad and bread. PF Changs across streeet; 2 miles from freeway and 2 malls for shopping. Great place to stay while in Louisville.

Room Tip: first floor in back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pete4633
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoy our recently renovated rooms. I agree, the fireplace is fantastic, especially through the winter months. With restaurants and shopping so close, an extended business trip can truly be both productive and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Louisville on your next trip!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed in the Residence Inn Louisville East for Business from March 16 to April 3. The staff was friendly and helpful and definitely made you feel at home while on the road.

Brenda, the lady who ran the breakfasts, always greeted you with a smile. The dining area was always clean and fully stocked. The other ladies at the breakfast area, whose names I did not get, were also friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff which included Sara, Matt, Sam, a gentleman from California, and the morning manager who is a lady from Ohio were always friendly, provided pertinent information for the traveller on the road, and were knowledgeable about their town.

The housekeeping staff kept things neat and clean and were also quite friendly. The most important thing about the staff was that they made you genuinely feel at home. This is quite important for the person who works on the road. I really can't say enough good things about them. I apologize for not knowing the names of the other people or leaving anyone out.

The Doctor from Oregon

Room Tip: There wasn't a spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mitchell t
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. Brenda and I miss your smiling face every morning at breakfast. It was certainly our pleasure to take care of you while you were working in Louisville. If you have an opportunity to return to Louisville, either for business or for fun, we look forward to seeing you again!
Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent service from all of the staff especially Brenda, the breakfast attendant and Yvonne, our room attendant. From the full delicious breakfast that always came with a smile and a nice hello from Brenda, to a remarkably clean room from Yvonne each and every day. The room was equipped with a full kitchen... better than home. The manager, Kristin, deserves much credit for keeping this hotel in top condition and her staff so eager to help in any way during our stay. We felt like we were coming home each night, the atmosphere was so comfortable. The hotel is also in proximity to many excellent restaurants. We couldn't have asked for anything more inviting or better about this hotel. We have traveled worldwide and Residence Inn Louisville East is truly the best!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent review. Both Brenda and Yvonne remember you and your husband well, and were so pleased that you mentioned them in the review. We hope you will soon be back to visit Louisville, and you know you always have a "home" with us!
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very comfortable when business takes you away from home. I don't like to eat out all the time so frequent the Residence Inn's. This location was not "right off the interstate" but it actually made it feel more like home. The only suggestion I have would be to make available glass baking dishes and items such as blenders and mixers. Would definitiely return!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy our rooms. Thank you as well for the excellent suggestion regarding having extra appliances and bakeware handy. We hope to see you again soon!