“Recently Renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Recently Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a nice, comfortable property with a good location between downtown Louisville and other area attractions, including the re-opened Kentucky Kingdom. The rooms are nicely decorated and appointed and feel more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. As for staff, some are quite pleasant and helpful though most seem to range from adequate to disengaged. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this property and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool / sport court can be noisy late into the night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott C
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and share your thoughts. We did just complete a renovation and I am glad you enjoyed the spacious suite. I will definitely share your comments about the staff as we enjoying hearing the good and the not-so-good when we fall short. We hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you to our area.

Lynn Manning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Arrived for a 5 day stay. First trip to 2nd floor noticed smoke smell in hallway. Contacted front desk said they would find out where it was coming from and address it. 2 days later people still smoking and still letting front desk know about the smoke. Made call to Marriott customer service corporate who notified hotel about the issue. Received offer to move rooms at end of our second day. Will be taking them up on the move 1st thing in the morning of our 3rd day.

Unfortunate since hotel seems to be newly remodeled and their free shuttle service has been very nice to get to the local attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Mr. Anderson,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. It was a pleasure talking to you this morning at the desk and i am glad I finally got to meet you in person. Again, I am sorry it took us so long to pinpoint the offenders and have the situation rectified. We are a non-smoking hotel and do our best to make sure guests are following the policy. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service and I hope you will decide to stay with us in the future when in the Louisville area.

Lynn M.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is the only hotel I will stay at when flying out of Lousiville. It is close to the airport, I can park my car in their lot while I'm gone and their shuttle service to and from the airport is great. Have never had an issue and their staff is so nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Leah,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the stays you have had at our hotel. I am glad our convenient location and complimentary shuttle are a couple of the features you were able to use. We appreciate the comments about our staff as we pride ourselves on our customer service and celebrate successes when we meet or exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I would like to applaud Audrey who works at the Residence Inn - Louisville airport location. My grandson was stranded at the Louisville airport yesterday (June 1, 2014) as his flight was cancelled and he could not get home to the Chicago area until June 2. I called the Marriott Platinum 800 number and they hooked me up directly with Audrey at the Residence Inn and Audrey was able to make arrangements for my grandson (Brandon) to stay at the Residence for the night of June 1. She then "walked" Brandon through his stay there when he arrived at the hotel as this was the first trip via airplane on his own. She made him feel comfortable, got him something to eat and lowered his stress level considerably as Brandon thought he might have to stay the night in the airport.
As a Platinum member of Marriott I am accustomed to excellent service from Marriott and by making my grandson's unscheduled overnight stay in Louisville comfortable, Audrey went above and beyond what she had to do to accommodate my grandson.
Congratulations to Audrey!
Glen Wiesman

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback and I was so glad to hear how helpful Audrey was. I will definitely pass your comments on to her. I am glad we were able to make your son feel comfortable during what I'm sure was a very nervous time for him. We hope to see you again if in the Louisville Area !
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Any hotel near the airport will suffer from noise, but I got a room on the other side from the airport and the planes were really just background noise from there. I had a queen suite, the bed was great, just the right medium firmness. The full kitchen would have been nice if I was staying for a week, but I didn't use it. In fact, I accidentally got locked out of my room when the fire alarm went off and I smelled smoke in the hallway - but it turned out the room across the hall had burned food on the stove. The staff are wonderful - the girl at the counter took one look at me in my slippers and immediately got me a new room card without any hassle. The hot breakfast is decent, waffle-maker and scrambled eggs with a few meat and potato options, yogurt and cereal and breads. They also have a social hour from 6-7:30pm, at which they have pitchers of beer, one red and one white wine, and (when I was there) hamburgers! The shuttle staff were also friendly and professional, and showed up quickly at 4:30am to take me to the airport. Overall I really enjoyed my stay (as much as I could since I was there to take board exams), and would definitely stay here again if I need to be by the airport!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mukaikubo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. I am sure you are very busy and I hope the board exams were a success. We had several guests here during that time and know that studying was an important part of their stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hospitality hour and that our shuttle was convenient for you.

We hope to see yo again if your travels bring you to the Louisville area.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We recently returned from a 3 night stay at this location. This was a very nice, clean, well maintained hotel. The rooms were large and spacious. It was nice to have a nice, full kitchen, stocked with dinnerware too. Hot breakfast was nice too. I would definitely stay again and recommend to those who are in the area. The only drawback is the noise from the airport. It's not terrible, but you are near one of the runways and you do get noise from the planes landing. You are very close to the Expo center and they offer free 24hr shuttle. There are a few places to eat in the immediate area, but if you are willing to travel 5-10 minutes you can find anything you want to eat. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank OC_Travelers_2010
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear OC Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you liked the full kitchen and that you were able to join us for breakfast.
We look forward to seeing you again when in the Louisville area.
Winston Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

First, I would like to thank all the staff at Residence Inn - Christa, could see I was tired and she was very very efficient, professional and friendly as I checked in at 2am due to delayed flights... Paula and Emily every day asked, "how was the stay going and if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable"...... The entire staff was very accommodating. My stay was for my daughter's surgery. Even John, hotel manager, and Owen, the shuttle driver were tremendous help. They were there when I needed help getting my daughter to the room. I cannot say enough thanks to everybody there!

U of L - I hope you read and recommend Residence Inn for parents, family and friends for whatever reason brings them to Louisville.

I am returning for a future stay in February if that gives you any indication to the quality Marriott puts in its people and their hotels.

Room Tip: Please be patient with hotel and staff. Hotel is undergoing renovations. What is complete is absolu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that my staff made your stay so comfortable and we appreciate you mentioning them by name. I will most certainly share your comments with them. We enjoy having our guests from the University and I hope you will return in the future so you can see the finished product. I am glad our renovation was not too much of a bother for you.