“last night on the way home”

Residence Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 13, 2013

After a week in Charleston and driving for 10 hours we were thrilled to stop at one of our favorite hotels. Again the staff was wonderful. The accommodations were great, the breakfast good, and a great night's sleep was the best.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the parking lot away from the expressway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ghpvogel
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Mr Vogel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for sharing your comments, and I will share them with my staff.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm generally an easy grader when it comes to these reviews, and most hotels have plenty of small issues that I normally look past. But in this case, because this hotel failed on the only thing that matters - giving people a good night's sleep - I'm going to throw in all those small things too.

Biggest problem is the room design. In my case, room 321 has an a/c unit motor inside one of the bedroom closets. It kicks on and off loudly and frequently. That's fine when no one's in the room, but when you're actually trying to sleep with that commotion, well, you can't. I had the worst night's sleep I've ever had at a Marriott property in that room.

Now for all the small things. Again, if you can actually get some sleep at this hotel these wouldn't matter so much. But since you can't, these become noticeable:
* The 3rd floor lobby, when you exit the elevator, smells like vomit (note to hotel staff - it's time to break out that steam cleaner!)
* Room 321 toilet seat is broken
* Room 321 toilet takes a ridiculously long time to fill. It's loud and obnoxious.
* Room 321 iron is broken
* Room 321 remote control doesn't work

On a bright note, the hotel's happy hour and breakfast were decent.

If you're a rewards member and looking to stay in the Marriott hotel chain, do yourself a favor and skip this hotel and stay next door at the SpringHill Suites or Courtyard.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 321, and this entire hotel, like the plague.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Frequent Traveler,

I'm truly sorry your stay wasn't up to your standards, nor did we live up to ours. There was a World Championship horse show across the street at the Convention Center that had just finished up and actually Coit was scheduled the day you departed to professionally clean the hallways. That is not our usual standard and it is our goal to ensure every guest has a comfortable and problem free stay. In your case that didn't seem to happen. I appreciate you letting me know of the items in the room that were not working properly so we could repair them immediately. We would like to have the opportunity to have a second chance to provide you better service in the future!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Holly provided excellent and friendly service when we checked in and helped us get a very nice dinner from Spinelli's. Krista was also very helpful - her beautiful simple is emblematic of the entire staff.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Loyal Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with Holly and Krista. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am sure they will be happy to hear they did not disappoint !

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been staying at this property for over 7 years. They have a very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is always clean and well maintained. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting Louisville, KY.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear L1L2,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We have certainly enjoyed having you as a repeat guest over the last seven years (Wow, can't believe it's been that long) and we hope there will be another seven on the horizon. We look forward to your visits and appreciate your business !! Here's to the salt life, even in Alabama :)
Safe travels !

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I didn't have any problems with the staff. The staff is very accommodating.The amenities are quite nice as well. Pool, above average breakfast, food to purchase on the go, shuttle service... However, I do think their housekeeping service can do a better job with the cleanliness of their towels and linens. I found some stains on my bed sheets and when I asked front desk to replace, they did. However, the next morning I wake up to find little curly hairs on my towels. I guess they weren't properly washed or inspected afterwards. I wasn't able to say anything to front desk the next day as I was leaving for my flight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heychick2

Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip advisor. I was quite disappointed when I read about the issues you had with your linen as that is not our usual standard. After receiving another similar review, I wanted to let you know we made some changes in our laundry and inspection procedures to ensure our future travelers do not experience the same issues. I am sorry you were not able to experience our usual high standards and I hope you will visit us again in the future to see the improvements.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I travel to Kentucky every year for the Derby (& past Breeders Cups). The staff always welcome me & take great care to make sure I have an outstanding stay. One time I ended up at Churchill Downs without my cell phones & they managed to have them delivered in a taxi. My rooms have always been perfect. Derby week can be stressful and long hours are involved. At times, when I come in late, they make sure I get a dinner plate even though the food has been put away. The entire staff are professional, attentive & friendly. Whether it's 5AM or 11PM they make sure everything is ok. I would never stay anywhere else - this Residence Inn is my sanctuary during Derby week. I am a writer and love having peace and quiet to focus. I come back to the hotel, turn on the fireplace, and am grateful that I have a quiet place to write my stories. Plus having TVG and HRTV on the television is FABULOUS for those of us in the horse racing business. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Ms. Julie for the wonderful feedback! We also enjoy having you with us every year and I was glad to read how much you enjoy being here. It was nice catching up with you in the gatehouse during our reception hour. I hope the book is coming along, have a great rest of 2013 and we'll look forward to next year's visit :)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights here and it was a great experience. The hotel offers a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. I must have used the shuttle for about 15 trips during my 3 days. The shuttle will pick you up and drop you off from the airport. It will take you to neighboring hotels to visit friends. It will also drive you to restaurants that are close by and for fast food places, the driver will often wait for you to get your food and drive you back immediately. I even saw a driver go through the drive-in line with a client! That's service! The hotel has a moderate sized outdoor pool and a small tennis/basketball court.

The rooms are all large and comfortable. They were clean and well-maintained. The hotel is near the airport, so expect some plane noise, especially if you are on the top floor. This airport is a hub for UPS, so planes come in at all hours. I would recommend a room on the second floor if possible. Also, it is near the highway, so if you stay in building one, try to get a room on the side that faces the parking lot.

The front desk workers were all very helpful and provided fast and efficient service. I would be very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: For good sleep and a quiet room, stay on the second floor in building #2
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for putting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback. I was glad to read you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you on your future travles to Louisville.