Residence Inn Louisville Airport
Preferred Hotels
$114
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexpo centerfull kitchenlight sleeperbad hotelsstudio suitefront deskdoor closednice kitchenconvenient accesskitchen areachurchill downsfair groundslate at nightinternet serviceextended staygreat propertyhome away from home
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just visited the Residence Inn at the Louisville Airport. Very typical Residence Inn. Did not have any issues with airport noise that was reported in other reviews.

The place was almost empty on a Saturday night. Breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage and gravy, biscuits, waffles, fruit, muffins, and fruit. Pretty normal.

If staying close to the Louisville airport and looking for a clean hotel with a little more room than a standard size room, this is your place.

Also, very close to Freedom Hall and Six Flags Park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Gogolf14,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I was glad to read that you and your family were able to enjoy the larger room and the many items we offer for breakfast. Sometimes it is quiet here on the weekends, especially in January. I hope you will decide to stay with us again when in the Louisville area.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The rate for a suite was fabulous. The rooms were plenty spacious and quite clean. We paid a very reasonable pet fee and took along our cat since we could not find a sitter at Christmas. All the staff were nice and helpful especially in view of their having to work during a holiday. Breakfast was very satisfying. While the location seemed out of the way, it was easy to get to main streets, interstates, food, and gas from this location. I always try to include a downside in my reviews, but we just couldn't find one. We will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Bloozy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the wonderful stay you had with us during the Holidays. I was glad to hear your cat was able to travel with you. I will definitely be sharing your comments with my staff to let them know if there was any disappointment in having to work on a Holiday, it was not evident to our guests :) We do pride ourselves on our customer service and I am glad you were able to experience it first hand. We look forward you seeing you on a future visit to Louisville!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I cannot say enough about the fantastic staff and facilities at Residence inn. Place was fully booked due to the NAILE event but the staff - both front desk and room staff - were just great. They were able to recommend great restaurants, knew the district well and were flexible and accommodating with requests for extra towels etc. The free drinks and nibbles the hotel put on at night was also much appreciated.

Room Tip: We booked a junior suite and it was perfect for 3 adults.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sue w
RilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Good Day Sue,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel and our staff. We take great pride in our customer service and I am glad you were able to experience it first hand. I hope you enjoyed the NAILE convention, as we really enjoy having them here. I believe we may have met one afternoon when you were heading over there to shop during some down time. Hope you found some great stuff ! Hopefully we will see you at next year's show.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This Residence Inn location was cheaper relative to other Marriott properties in the Louisville area and had many extras included--free parking, free breakfast and evening snacks, free internet, exercise room. The decor is a little dated but the room was functional and clean. I did not utilize the kitchenette but of course this is something to consider if you are going to have an extended stay and don't want to eat out for every meal.

If you are a light sleeper, the airport noise could be an issue. UPS uses Louisville as a hub so there are lots of flights departing in the early morning hours (starting around 2 am). My room faced the airport so I definitely experienced some aircraft noise in the wee hours of the morning. You may be able to request a room on the opposite side or in the other building to avoid some of the noise.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Fellow Michigander,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on trip advisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the extras we offer that are included in the room rate. We do take pride in our clean rooms and our renovation is just around the corner. I hope you will stay with us again in the future when, rest assured, we can reserve an inside room which should be much quieter.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here in Sep 2012 for a week. This Residence Inn is still kinda old-fashioned or rather hasn't been renovated yet but you still have all the amenities you need. Internet is free with decent speed, parking is free too and the staff is very friendly. The free morning breakfast and the evening refreshments make this an overall sweet deal. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business