“Nice place”

Ranked #48 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Lexington, KY
“Nice place”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night when picking up a friend from the airport. She was getting in late and we both have small children so we were going to wait until the next morning to travel to our destination. It was very nice and clean. VERY close and convenient to the airport. We got a 2 bedroom and it was great because then our children could go to sleep with the door closed. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were in town for our daughter's orientation at U of L and chose this location so we could have a little extra room and because I had plenty of Marriott points to cover the cost. It was everything and more than I expect from a Residence Inn. The room was spacious (I got upgraded to a 2 BR becasue of my status with Marriott) and very clean. It was nice to have the 2nd bathroom in the morning so both my wife and daughter had a place to get ready. The breakfast was a little above what you might see at Hampton and Fairfield, but they didn't really make sense. For instance--one morning they had sausage patties but instead of having like a biscuit to put it on they had their version of an "Egg McMuffin" that already had ham and cheese on it. The fruit was from a can and they didn't really keep it replenished. I predict I will be back here as I know we will be making visits to Louisville for the next several years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the expressway. The constant traffic was pretty loud--so much t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear KyWingRider,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. Our spacious suites are perfect for trying to get everyone ready at the same time and I hope your daughter's orientation went well! I just wanted to let you know we are actually in the middle of changing our breakfast items around and upgrading a few things. I hope you will come back in the future to see a little bit different breakfast and I will definitely speak to the staff about keeping it replenished properly.
Thanks again for your feedback !

Lynn Manning
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for a business trip.
Hotel is nice, clean and very comfortable.
Staff is amazing.

Hotel is right next to highway and airport; therefore noise, ask ahead of time for room away from the highway.

if you need a hotel close to the airport, this is a hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Paoli, Indiana
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our family stayed here before an early morning flight. The place has every amenity you would ever need and was super clean. We used their free shuttle to the airport and when we returned from our trip we called the hotel and the shuttle was at the airport immediately to pick us up. I would hightly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I spent few days in Louisville to visit a customer.

I always look forward to staying as I spent around 40 nights there in the past couple of years.

The Room
The room is a studio room that is very spacious compared to other *inns I have been to.

The Location
The hotel is located next to the airport (less than 5-minute drive), a free shuttle can take you there, and as far as I know, it's not possible to go there by foot. Bardstown avenue is a 15-min drive from there.

Pleasantly surprised by:
- The friendly staff
- The Internet! It seems they finally fixed the Internet at this hotel so you can actually get work done. A big Improvement compared to a year ago.
- Kristine Vowels, she is awesome for the reservations!

Unimpressed by:
- Free breakfast, but that means it's always the same after a while.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank guiw
Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door to check in I felt like I was well cared for- genuine hospitality at it's best. My room was clean and well organized and the bedding was so comfortable. The favorite part about staying in this particular hotel was all of the amenities. Anything you possibly need is available in the "market area" , breakfast was great and staff was friendly.
Thank you so much for a great weekend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kolleen V
Potenza, Italy
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel is standard RI, clean rooms and spacious. The dinner and breakfast left a bit to be desired as some nights there was no food during the early week and the beverage machines didn't always work in the am.

The wosrt part was the plane noise. This was not everyday, but beware that the KY air guard flies C130's and sometimes they are flying VERY early in the morning. These planes are much more noticeable than the UPS planes coming and going. You are directly under flight routes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business