“Great airport hotel”

Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Paoli, Indiana
“Great airport hotel”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our family stayed here before an early morning flight. The place has every amenity you would ever need and was super clean. We used their free shuttle to the airport and when we returned from our trip we called the hotel and the shuttle was at the airport immediately to pick us up. I would hightly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I spent few days in Louisville to visit a customer.

I always look forward to staying as I spent around 40 nights there in the past couple of years.

The Room
The room is a studio room that is very spacious compared to other *inns I have been to.

The Location
The hotel is located next to the airport (less than 5-minute drive), a free shuttle can take you there, and as far as I know, it's not possible to go there by foot. Bardstown avenue is a 15-min drive from there.

Pleasantly surprised by:
- The friendly staff
- The Internet! It seems they finally fixed the Internet at this hotel so you can actually get work done. A big Improvement compared to a year ago.
- Kristine Vowels, she is awesome for the reservations!

Unimpressed by:
- Free breakfast, but that means it's always the same after a while.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank guiw
Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door to check in I felt like I was well cared for- genuine hospitality at it's best. My room was clean and well organized and the bedding was so comfortable. The favorite part about staying in this particular hotel was all of the amenities. Anything you possibly need is available in the "market area" , breakfast was great and staff was friendly.
Thank you so much for a great weekend!

1 Thank Kolleen V
Potenza, Italy
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel is standard RI, clean rooms and spacious. The dinner and breakfast left a bit to be desired as some nights there was no food during the early week and the beverage machines didn't always work in the am.

The wosrt part was the plane noise. This was not everyday, but beware that the KY air guard flies C130's and sometimes they are flying VERY early in the morning. These planes are much more noticeable than the UPS planes coming and going. You are directly under flight routes.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The service at the front desk is refreshing. Welcomed back and felt the hospitality from the moment I walked in the door! As a Marriott Awards membe with a family I was upgraded unexpected. My family and I received true Marriott and Kentucky Hospitalty

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Gators2003
RILAirport, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We pride ourselves on customer service and hope that everyone feels that same way when they stay with us! We hope to see you all again soon! =)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 4, 2012

On my way to an out of town business meeting, I realized that I forgot the tie to my suit. With no time to return home and not wanting to miss my flight, I thought I would be able to purchase a tie at one of three airports along the way. As I visited the first airport store, I realized that I was not willing to pay $90 for a tie (enen with the 15% sale incentive). When I landed at my connecting airport, I decided to call the hotel listed on my itinerary, The Residence Inn at the Louisville, KY airport. I spoke with the general manager, Lynn Manning about the location of any department stores near the hotel to purchase a tie. She mentioned a local retail outlet that was five minutes from the Residence Inn. I asked what time the store closed and she offered to contact the store direct to obtain this information as well as the address. Rather than keep me on hold, she asked for my cell phone number to call me back rather than keep me on hold. Within a few minutes, she called me back and let me know the store closed at 9:00 pm and provided the address for my GSP. She even offered a back up plan to borrow one of three ties used by employees that were kept at the front desk. With my flight scheduled to land in Louisville at 7:20, I thought I had a good plan in place. As expected, my flight was delayed and a maintenance issue added to the initial delay. My estimated time of arrival was pushed back by one hour. I did finally land at 8:20 and thanks to the information Ms. Manning provided, I made it to the store five minutes prior to closing. I purchased my tie and to make a long story short, the meeting was a success thanks to Lynn going above and beyond her call of duty.

With Great Appreciation,

Pittsburgh John

2 Thank John A
Thank you so much for all the kind words! We try our best to go above and beyond to help our guests with any needs they may have while visiting us. We hope you come back and see us soon!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just stayed here for the Mid-America Truck Show at the Expo Center. Woo-Hoo! Get ready to pay the JACKED-UP event rate! Almost $200 a night! Requested & reserved a one bedroom suite, as in separate living room / bedroom. Didn't get that. Got the basic one bedroom/living room combo. Have to have a non-smoking room can't STAND anything to do with that NASTY smoking. The bathroom vanity/sink area had four very disgusting, distinct cigarette burns on the edge of the sink. I called back downstairs to complain. No resolve. Desk guy acted as if he couldn't care less.......the whole room just looked.......cheap. And the breakfast buffet was just icky. The usual gruel which I can usually handle but tried this fare and it was not good. There's a lot of other hotels right there in the same parking lot, I'd choose very carefully. I wish I would have looked closer.

Room Tip: Choose some other place.