“Toenail in the bed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Toenail in the bed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Arrived April 4th, 2014. Bad odor in lobby and room. No toilet paper. No lock on bathroom door.
Pulled back sheet: TOENAIL in the bed! Bed pillow so lumpy, it was like sleeping on a sack of potatoes. Breakfast: no milk for cereal, no batter for waffles, cold gravy with biscuits. Will never stay here again. Would have left, but in town for conference, sharing room with 3 others and splitting the bill.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bigggreydogg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waynesville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The room I stayed in was a king bed and as I entered the room I noticed that the door was loose. Once I was in I realized that it's like someone cut the door wrong. I could see into the hallway from the bottom half of the door. There was about a 1 inch gap. The room was clean, although the bed was hard as a rock. I slid a chair in place in front of the door to keep anyone from peeping in. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. They had biscuits and gravy but it was not edible. The gravy was still cold. The muffins were ok.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been stuck in Louisville for weeks at a time, in major pain while having dental work and the staff at this place is absolutely amazing!!! Picked it at first only because of the outdoor pool-the only one around!!! Extra pillows, towels... Anything I need brought up immediately!!! On one of my trips 5 minutes after I got my luggage in the room I noticed the ac was out. I went downstairs to tell them and before I could get back up to the room to get my stuff I has a little girl standing in the hall I with my new door card telling me where my new room was. My luggage had already been moved, the ac was on high cool and the pillows I had requested were piled neatly on the bed. I highly recommend this place!!!!!

Room Tip: We like to watch the planes from the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lowerysgirl
Brandon F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We strive to provide our guests with an experience they can’t receive at any other hotel. We take great pride in knowing we were able to provide that experience for you. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we shared many high fives that we were able to make such an impression on you. We look forward to your next visit and can’t wait to WOW you again!
albany ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice big room, clean. Front desk staff Diamond was wonderful, what a nice young lady. Breakfast was good. Nice workout room. Conviently located too. Would stay here again. There is a nice pool outdoors but too cold to use.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AEboylston
Brandon F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service for our guests. We are very glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Diamond does a great job caring for our guests and she was very thankful for your compliment. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our exciting city.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Sleep Inn Louisville, KY, Preston Hwy was recommended by a friend. We had an event at the Ky Exposition Center and this hotel is next door to the Exosition Center. The Staff was very hepful and friendly, the hotel was very clean, and the price and location were excellent! I will stay here again any time I am in Louisville, KY! Its a great hotel wih a GREAT staff!

Jim K.

Room Tip: 2ndfloor would probably be quieter at night!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you mentioned; our price and location in central Louisville make us the perfect choice if you are attending something at The Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, Churchill Downs or Papa John’s Stadium. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and want everyone to have the best possible experience. Hope to see you again, soon.

Best Wishes,

Judy
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Checked in late evening and much to my surprise I was put in a room with no microwave or refrigerator. The fact that half the rooms there are not equipped with these items is unusual for this chain. I am a high priority Choice member and expect mush more. When I inquired about this, the front desk staff member became very defensive and argumentative even though my query was relatively casual in nature. the room was really run down and clean enough but not clean by definition.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
As a High Priority Choice Member, you are very important to the Choice Brand. Part of the great perks that go with your status are free upgrades when possible and a determined effort to make your stay the best possible experience. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your recent trip and hope that future trips will be more pleasant.
I noticed from your other Trip Advisor reviews that you appear to travel a lot and your expectations of the places your stay are based on what each particular brand standard is.
I am currently looking into rooms not having appliances in them as all of our rooms do come equipped and will make sure all deficits are handled immediately. As well as taking time to have a training moment with staff in procedures when issues need to be addressed. Thank you so much for taking the time to bring these things to our attention and giving us a chance to improve your home away from home.
I would be very interested in discussing this further with you, if you would like to contact me at the hotel at 502.368.9597. Please allow me the opportunity to make this up to you.
MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed there horrible staff. When I askedbFront desk manager a couple of questions she was smart we had words she imformed me she didn't get paid enough to put up with bull s....t really you are a hotel be prepared for request. No customer service at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I read your comments and find them both alarming and concerning. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on and I would like to get to the bottom of this immediately.
I would very much like to make this up to you, and have sent a private email with our contact information. Please give us the opportunity to handle this from a management level.