Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
  • Pool
$109
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$216
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$110
$97
SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$139
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$125
$562
$549
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewschoice memberpassing thruthe breakfast areawould stay here againbed and pillowsallow petsfirst floormorning breakfastinterstateupsshuttledowntown
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Checked in late evening and much to my surprise I was put in a room with no microwave or refrigerator. The fact that half the rooms there are not equipped with these items is unusual for this chain. I am a high priority Choice member and expect mush more. When I inquired about this, the front desk staff member became very defensive and argumentative even though my query was relatively casual in nature. the room was really run down and clean enough but not clean by definition.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

As a High Priority Choice Member, you are very important to the Choice Brand. Part of the great perks that go with your status are free upgrades when possible and a determined effort to make your stay the best possible experience. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your recent trip and hope that future trips will be more pleasant.
I noticed from your other Trip Advisor reviews that you appear to travel a lot and your expectations of the places your stay are based on what each particular brand standard is.
I am currently looking into rooms not having appliances in them as all of our rooms do come equipped and will make sure all deficits are handled immediately. As well as taking time to have a training moment with staff in procedures when issues need to be addressed. Thank you so much for taking the time to bring these things to our attention and giving us a chance to improve your home away from home.
I would be very interested in discussing this further with you, if you would like to contact me at the hotel at 502.368.9597. Please allow me the opportunity to make this up to you.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed there horrible staff. When I askedbFront desk manager a couple of questions she was smart we had words she imformed me she didn't get paid enough to put up with bull s....t really you are a hotel be prepared for request. No customer service at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

I read your comments and find them both alarming and concerning. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on and I would like to get to the bottom of this immediately.
I would very much like to make this up to you, and have sent a private email with our contact information. Please give us the opportunity to handle this from a management level.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our recent 2-night stay was comfortable, and probably all we expected for the fairly attractive price. The room was clean but felt a little smaller than average. The breakfast was typical of those provided by the chain. Staff at the desk was helpful and courteous at our check-in. But when we got to our room I noticed that the "message light" on our phone was on, so I called the front desk to see what was up. The answer I got was that "there probably is no message there and it has been lighted for days, since I don't know how to turn it off". We were frankly not expecting messages at the hotel, but I hated to just ignore the message light for 2 days. (I did relay this to the desk the next morning at breakfast time and the message light was checked and turned off by the time we got back to our room.) Later in the evening my wife wanted to use the hotel's Wi-Fi, but found 2 separate signals which at first seemed to need a password. She called the desk and asked which Wi-Fi signal to choose and what the password was. The answer was "I don't know anything about the Wi-Fi", a somewhat surprising lack of assistance. (We eventually picked one of the signals and were able to get in without a password.)

Finally, as a safety professional I was a bit concerned that the fire-rated doors on the second floor between the lobby area and the rooms seemed to be continuously propped open while we were there. I understand that their position somewhat masked the location of the room corridor and impeded people with suitcases getting through. But fire-rated doors are generally part of the design of a public space to prevent the spread of a possible fire and to provide safe egress for patrons. The hotel should consider a more permanent fix (i.e., like magnet "hold-opens" tied into the fire alarm system) instead of using a chair.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thanks so much for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Airport in Louisville, KY. As a value hotel, you are correct in that the spaces are a bit smaller than larger chain hotels. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make the rooms are as comfortable as possible, so your stay is enjoyable. With our upcoming Home For The Holiday promotion we will offer great rates for those wishing to visit our city and be close to relatives without staying in their homes. Our feeling is this will make the holidays very enjoyable.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we used this as a training moment for our staff in hopes to prevent any future incidents. To remove all temptation of using the chair to prop the door, we have removed the it from the area and appreciate your advice. Hope you will come see us again and let us know how we are doing with our improvements.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were just in Louisville,KY and stayed @ the Sleep Inn and Suites on Preston Highway. We have stayed there every year for the last 10, but this year was different. The hotel is being re-staffed and the customer service is second to none. We have stayed in 4 star hotels where the managers did not strive to accomodate the needs of guests. Breakfast is included in he daily rate and consisted of fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon waffles,etc.There were fresh baked cookies, lemonade, and popcorn every night. The hotel was, by far, the best it has ever been. Michele and Judy,see you next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is our privlege to make sure your stay is memorable in all the best ways. I speak for our new team when I say we are thankful for your continued loyalty and we too look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really nice room. Clean. Very friendly staff. Property is clean. Price is great. Location is great. Would stay here again. Not very hard to find. Very close to the expo center. I would walk if I needed to. Walking distance to a store, Taco Bell and McDonalds.

Room Tip: i had a pool view. Nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traci L
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you discovered some of the wonderful ammenities in close proximity to the hotel. It is always good to find things you need close at hand when traveling. Our hope is you will consider us when you return to town again.
Caring Is Our Privilege.