“Great service”

Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo
Ranked #72 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nicole Perkins was a fantastic guest service rep. She was extremely accomadating and friendly. Never have had better service. I also complement the staff on the cleanliness of the hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful compliments on your stay with us. We are very pleased to have Nicole here as part of our family and I personally let her know of your comments regarding the level of service she provided to you.

Our goal is to always give the best service to our guests and we are happy to know that we met your standards for satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Next time you are in our wonderful city, stop in and stay for another visit!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you stay here you are going to have to "Step it up". The hotel is a two floor hotel with no elevator. The property itself is rather outdated and needs some cosmetic work specifically the bathrooms, but the shower did have nice water pressure and was clean. The staff and breakfast were great;however, there was a BIG mix up with the shuttle service that resulted in us paying hefty transportation cost and the shuttle was one of the reasons we chose the property. I was disappointed that the mgr was so no nonchalant. Great location, but expected more of the property because of price paid even at Derby prices. Overall- Kudos! to the ALL the staff

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and give us your thoughts on our property. We are going to be doing renovations later this year to improve the appearance and bathrooms. Fortunately, the dated decor is only going to be around for a short while longer.

I'm sorry there was so much confusion on the part of the hotel shuttle service. I'll definitely be working to make sure this confusion doesn't continue in the future.

We do take pride in having a nice, hot breakfast to help all of our guests get a good "first step" to their day. I am proud of the staff as it took all of us working hard to please our valued Derby guests, and I'm pleased to see our staff was good to you.

Next time you come through Louisville, I certainly hope you do stay with us again!

Thank you!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stopped in Louisville and found this little place on Preston Highway. The rate was a nice 79$, and we had clean rooms.

There is apparently a new manager and it seems to be a good thing. I dont see why this palce was rated so low here on trip Advisor as we realyl enjoyed it. . If Im back in Louisville, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out to come to TripAdvisor and give us your thoughts. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

When you come back to Louisville, I do hope you choose us as your hotel of choice again. When you come, please ask for me, I would love to see you in person again and thank you for letting us be your home away from home!

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

A little disappointed with the excessive wear and tear of the hotel but was offset with how pleasant and quick to respond the staff was. Had a problem with the price of the room being higher upon check in than what we had booked on their website. Manager quickly responded and fixed the problem. Great location. Surprised at how good the complimentary breakfast was.

• Stayed: April 2013
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that your pricing issue was handled promptly and to your satisfaction. We do take pride in our breakfast so I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed it. In regards to the age of the property that is something we are addressing in the near future. Anytime you return to Louisville I hope you consider us again as your hotel of choice.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here when I first arrived in Kentucky from Australia. Good location near the airport and close to food. Breakfast was adequate and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. I look forward to staying here again should I return to Louisville.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts on the hotel here at Tripadvisor. I’m happy that the staff here was able to make you feel welcome and helped you enjoy your stay. We take pride in our service for all of our guests. Whenever you come back to Louisville I hope you return to our property as your hotel of choice.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town for the National Gun Day show. Check in was smooth and easy. We received a room on the second floor that was next to the ice machine and stairs. The walls must be paper thin, because we could hear everything all night. It always amazes me how either rude or oblivious people are. When you leave the room at 2am, do you need to let the door slam shut, get ice, have loud conversations, etc? This made for getting a decent nights sleep close to impossible.

Breakfast was ok. It was crowded with no place to sit. We took our food back up to the room. The woman working the breakfast area was working hard, but overwhelmed.

Overall not a bad place to stay, but not great. If a remodel is done, the hotel should consider adding some noise reduction items.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs and ice machine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to hear you experienced issues during your stay. I would love to speak with you personally about these concerns. If you would contact me directly at (502-368-9597). Thank you again for your comments and feeback.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything was pretty good, location was great, clean rooms, no smells, friendly staff, and a great hot breakfast buffet! There was only one problem, the door key uses the credit card type system and it needs to be greatly improved! My business partner and I stayed for 6 days, and every time either one of us would leave the room, we would be locked out of our room and had to go to the front desk to have our "keys" reset. This would happen everyday, at least twice a day, also the only way to get in the building was through the front lobby door because the guest key card would not open any other outside door. Other than that everything else was pretty good, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay close to the convention center.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your keys/lock. We have addressed these issues to ensure we do not have future problems. Again, we appreicate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.