“Ok, but noisy”

Ranked #68 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Ok, but noisy”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town for the National Gun Day show. Check in was smooth and easy. We received a room on the second floor that was next to the ice machine and stairs. The walls must be paper thin, because we could hear everything all night. It always amazes me how either rude or oblivious people are. When you leave the room at 2am, do you need to let the door slam shut, get ice, have loud conversations, etc? This made for getting a decent nights sleep close to impossible.

Breakfast was ok. It was crowded with no place to sit. We took our food back up to the room. The woman working the breakfast area was working hard, but overwhelmed.

Overall not a bad place to stay, but not great. If a remodel is done, the hotel should consider adding some noise reduction items.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs and ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed to hear you experienced issues during your stay. I would love to speak with you personally about these concerns. If you would contact me directly at (502-368-9597). Thank you again for your comments and feeback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything was pretty good, location was great, clean rooms, no smells, friendly staff, and a great hot breakfast buffet! There was only one problem, the door key uses the credit card type system and it needs to be greatly improved! My business partner and I stayed for 6 days, and every time either one of us would leave the room, we would be locked out of our room and had to go to the front desk to have our "keys" reset. This would happen everyday, at least twice a day, also the only way to get in the building was through the front lobby door because the guest key card would not open any other outside door. Other than that everything else was pretty good, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay close to the convention center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with your keys/lock. We have addressed these issues to ensure we do not have future problems. Again, we appreicate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean, comfortable Room, First Rate Staff. The evening desk Clerk, Derrick, made Us feel like We were old Friends and made the entire stay 1st rate. We were there for the Carl Casper Car Show and He made sure We knew the easiest way to the show and where We could find a restaurant as He knew We would be late getting out of the show area. The Young Lady that took care of the Breakfast area ,Julie I believe Her name was, went out of Her way to take care of Us and all the Pinstriper group. The Manager and the entire Staff were absolutely Great and did anything and everything to make the stay perfect. Internet access in the room worked fine. I will recommend this motel to everyone. THANKS1

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your taking the tme to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay at this hotel regularly over the years...this year...awful~ some remodeling and lots of confusion. Room difficulties (shouldn't have rented the room they did initially), grungy rooms need update, long hairs on blanket...ewwww; Breakfast bar...which is usually rather decent, this visit: no bowls for cereal, no cups for coffee, no bread for toast, no bagels, two bananas past ripe with skin split open...went to desk, no attendant, had to wait & was told: the girl didn't show up today.
Bill wasn't correct made a second request.
Desk person apologized, said "under new management"...

Room Tip: Wait for remodeling and then ask lots of questions.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Louisville. We were disappointed to read of your experience. These issues are not acceptable and are being addressed with the staff. We are currently remodeling but this process should not have interfered with your stay. We take your comments very seriously. If you would consider, please contact a member of our management team so we can discuss this with you in further detail, Thanks for your feedback.
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for a few days when I was in Kentucky visiting a friend and I had a pretty good experience. I asked to be on the first floor because there was no elevator to the second, and I was told that would cost more. When I showed the manager that I had a walking cast on my foot he gave me the first floor for the same price.

The entire time we were here there wasn't Internet, and when I went to the front desk the manager told me he had been calling the company, and said I could also call the 1-800 number and try to get through. That was weird! I ended up having to go down to a McDonald's down the street and use their Internet, which was inconvenient being that I chose a hotel that was supposed to offer Internet.

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The air conditioner in the lobby was broken (but not in the rooms) so the front door was always open and fans were blowing. It seemed to be falling apart I suppose.

At the end of the day I probably would stay here again because it was incredibly cheap and clean, minus the things going wrong. I prefer to save money so this hotel is a place to crash when I need to be in Louisville, and I am not really in my hotel room much anyway!

Room Tip: If you want a room on the bottom floor you have to pay more. Reserve your floor first, you might no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you experienced Internet problems. Rest assured, the issue has been addressed and our Internet is back to functioning without issues.

I was disappointed to read that the lobby air conditioning was not working during your stay. We are currently undergoing a complete lobby renovation and it will be complete by Feb.1, 2013. You will be delightfully surprised by the changes we have made when you return to Louisville, KY. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Ohio
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had to travel to Louisville on business. I was pleasantly surprised how clean this hotel was. The location is very convenient to the convention center. The breakfast was full and hot which is always welcome to begin the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in town for a business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ZWERGLDAD
G M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review.. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sleep Inn and Suites Louisville Airport and we appreciate your recommendations! Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great customer service!! Very clean, bed comfortable, really nice breakfast. Manager and gentlemen at front desk doing what it takes!! I look forward to coming back & may just come back to stay here!
10/12/12
Sandy Meadows

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are very nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy M
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our facility. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.