“Great beds!”

Ranked #67 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Great beds!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stopped here after a long day of hot riding on our motorcycles and the rooms were clean, cool and fresh! The lobby was nicely furnished with a computer desk for guests. They baked cookies for the guests too! The location within walking distance of several restaurants. There was plenty of parking and we felt our bikes were safe. The breakfast was hot and cold and plentiful in a clean environment. I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those enjoying the beautiful days on motorcycles! With the hot weather lately, our rooms offer a cool reprieve from the sun and our outdoor pool is a great way to cool off from the road. We love offering warm, freshly baked cookies and ice cold lemonade to our guests! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope you visit us again soon to take advantage of our hot breakfast, refreshing cookies, and wonderful atmosphere. Thanks again for the wonderful review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week. It wasn't bad. The room was clean and comfy. The location was alright. I wish I would have had more privacy to swim in the pool, as it's next door to a gas station. The staff was over eager to clean our room and help us to check out. The waffles in the morning were good too. I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MrsVanDam
, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sleep Inn and Suites Louisville and taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your room! Our team prides themselves in providing clean and comfortable rooms for each of our guests. We are sorry that our pool did not offer you enough privacy but I hope you enjoyed the cool water on the hot days we have been having! I appreciate your comment about our staff, we strive to go above and beyond to make sure your stay with us is one of the best and easiest parts of your trip. The hot breakfast of waffles, biscuits and gravy, and sausage will start any morning off right! Be sure to come back and visit us next time you are in the area!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I can't thank the Sleep Inn staff enough. I was trying to arrange -- long-distance -- temporary accommodation for an elderly relative who was between apartments. Let me tell you, it's frustrating to be far away when someone you love needs help. Sleep Inn was the next best thing to being there myself. These people go the extra mile and then some. When we needed to extend the original reservation, they juggled bookings and made it possible -- no small feat with Derby Day looming. They cared. They called to give me a heads up when the rates changed. They couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. I will certainly stay there next time I go to Louisville, and recommend them highly to anyone needing the red carpet treatment. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruth B
LouisvilleGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
All of us here at Sleep Inn & Suites were so pleased to hear your very kind comments on your relative’s stay with us! We knew that he was away from family, and we truly wanted to make him feel a part of our “Sleep Inn family” here. Also, as you mentioned, we are glad that by doing so, we made things a little easier for you and his loved ones. I think that the comment that we are most appreciative of was “the next best thing to being there myself”; we could not ask for a greater compliment. As we like to say…”Caring Is Our Privilege”, and we look forward to “rolling out the red carpet” for you on your next visit to Louisville!
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Bathroom floor looked dirty when we arrived, next day in evening took wet tp and found it WAS dirty, not stained. Asked to have all floors cleaned and the took care of it. The one thing I really hated was that I put my clothes in the bureau drawers and when I got home and took them out of the suitcase the stunk of cigarette smoke...yuk!! Nice size room, good bed, very quiet, ordinary breakfast with wafflemaker that took forever to make a waffle! Staff was nice and friendly, location was very convienent to Expo Center gate 6. Hall carpets and stair carpets worn and dirty. We were disappointed as the location was perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Please accept my apologies for the issues that you encountered on your recent stay with us. While we strive for perfection, we “missed the mark” during your visit, and we are very sorry for that. We are happy, though, that you were pleased with the size of your room, that your bed was to your liking, and that our location was convenient to you while visiting the Ky. Exposition Center! We would appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations, should you visit our area again in the future.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Do not DARE stay here! Had confirmed written reservations guaranteed to credit care, in writing, for 11 months for Kentucky Derby weekend. Called 1 month prior to and told me they were not going to honor my reservation rates. Up the rate by over $100 a night. Claimed to be some glitch in computer system......AVOID at all costs! Most definitely was not worth the $350 per night. Absolutely RIDICULOUS. Room wasn't ready until an hour and a half after check-in time. Went to the room them and it wasn't even cleaned, after they verified that it had been cleaned. Offered extended checkout for a fee! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly240
Please let me offer our sincere apologies for the issues that you encountered in the booking of your reservation and during your recent stay at our property. Not knowing the specific circumstances that resulted in these problems, I cannot offer any reasons for your difficulties. It remains that you did not leave us a satisfied customer, and again, for that we are very sorry and we regret any inconveniences that you experienced.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Nice place. Rooms are a little small but it served its' purpose. I felt safe and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
LouisvilleGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We appreciate your favorable comments from your recent stay with us! All of us at Sleep Inn & Suites pride ourselves on a creating a friendly atmosphere, and we’re so happy that you noticed. Nothing pleases us more than your comment about “feeling safe”, and rest assured (no pun intended), we do take the security and safety of our valued guests very seriously. Again, thank you so much for the very kind review!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is my fourth or fifth time i've stayed at this hotel, and due to past positive experiences I extended a stay for a week during a rough time in my life. Dealing with moving, and some family health issues i've been in an emotional state, so the overall aspect of a caring staff, a reasonable rate, and some personal attention when needed has meant a little more than it usually would.

To begin, the office manager, named Sarah, was fantastic throughout the trip. I actually made a mistake and didn't extend my stay long enough, the hotel ended up fully booked, but she managed to move me to a different room so I wasn't put out on the street. I spoke with her daily, and she always was quick to offer help, some complimentary oatmeal (when I overslept and missed their delicious breakfast), and a smile. All the other staff were just as personal able, charismatic, and helpful - but this was the icing on the cake.

My room was clean, the housekeeping staff was attentive and respectful, and the overall hotel atmosphere was overwhelmingly positive - not a dark hideaway as I've experienced in some more expensive locations. My rate was incredibly reasonable, with prices dipping as low as $55 for a 72 inch flatscreen, microwave, refrigerator, free wi-fi, huge bed, etc etc etc.

This review may seem somewhat over the top, but in a situation where it really mattered - the small extras that came with my stay did just that, really mattered. This is my first review of ANY establishment, but they deserve the small amount of time it took me to find this site, and type this in. Will stay again.

Alex G. Seidler

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex S
LouisvilleGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Airport & Expo, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share such GREAT comments about your recent stay! Your “overwhelmingly positive” review could not better reflect our goals here at Sleep Inn & Suites. We strive to pay special, personal attention to all of our guests’ needs and make you feel not only cared for, but cared about. Our Front Office Manager, Sarah, is certainly one of our “superstars” when it comes to Customer Service: she truly practices our creed of “Caring Is Our Privilege”! From a reasonable rate, a delicious breakfast, room cleanliness, and great amenities, we do try to make sure every guest leaves having had a “Fantastic Experience” like yourself. Again, thank you for letting us know that we accomplished this, and we hope to see you again very soon!