“Decent hotel and great location - total value for money”

Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Hyderabad
“Decent hotel and great location - total value for money”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I was on a business trip to Louisville, KY during December, 2009. I chose this hotel because it provides morning breakfast, reasonable rate ($52 per night) and located near to the business where I needed to go everyday for 2 weeks. I landed in Louisvilled quiet late around midnight and reached the hotel close to 1 AM. There was this fron desk associate who greeted me and showed me my room without much of hassle.

The room had one queen bed and one color TV, coffee machine (with some complimentary coffee and tea packets). Overall it was clean. Breakfast was OK with waffle maker. So you can make some hot waffles there. But there were no eggs and items were very limited. There was one coin operated washer/dryer on 3rd floor. Somehow at the end they charged me some $27 extra and requested refund - but no response yet. But overall I had good expereince staying in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
baymontlouisvillegm, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear Mr. Kar:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete Trip Advisor Review regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am sorry we did not offer any eggs at this time. But if there is a demand and requests by our guests then we may add them to our Deluxe Continental Breakfast menu

Regarding your overcharge of $ 27, after reviewing your account , I have discovered that you paid your bill with a (Indian) foreign credit card , your credit card company may have charged you a foreign transaction fee or an currency exchange rate difference. Please note that we do not charge our guest(s) any additional amount other than what was quoted to them at check-in.

Again, thank you for completing the review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Alabama
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I booked this room from the web site and had a quick and easy check in upon arrival. I read a lot of reviews of other hotels for about the same price and wasn’t expecting much from this one. It was about $10 more than the least expensive one I could find but was the quality of one twice as expensive. The room was a bit small but it was fine for the time we stayed. It was very clean, easy to find and quiet. The breakfast was more than enough for my teenager. If I return to this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Ky
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I made a reservation in advance for a high school band on the condition that they made it to the state competiton. The manager worked with me and allowed me to let him know if I needed to cancel just one week in advance for 27 rooms. We made it and made the trip when we arrived (late) due to a bus driver who couldn't seem to follow directions our rooms were waiting. When we ended up with more parents than we thought we were given suites at the same reduced rate. Everything was great from the service to the room, to feeding 37 hungry kids the next morning. They didn't even complain about the kids being noisy which we all know a bunch of teenagers can be. I would say stay here I know if I am back in the area they will get my buisness.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This was a good location, easy to find. There were lots of restaurants and stores close by. It was nice, clean and in good condition. It was a decent room for the price. Families with kids seem to gather here, causing lots of noise, the parents more than their kids. Every morning, housekeeping knocked on the door repeatedly until we answered the door even though we had the " Do Not Disturb" sign on the door every morning! They offered fridges for an extra charge but I've stayed at many less expensive hotels which included the microfride at no additional cost. I didn't like having to go through the lobby just to get ice. The pool was nice. It closed at 9, a little earlier than we would have liked. Our stay was pretty good. There are quite a few other hotels in the area and will probably try a different one next time. If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean hotel and don't mind the noise and the ice box location, it's a good buy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Southeast Kentucky
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My wife and I decided to spend a little quality time together over the New Years Holiday. We got a great rate using Travelocity. We arrived early, around 11:30 am, and was surprised that they had a room available. We were expecting to wait until later in the afternoon. Our room was on the 3rd floor and had an indoor entrance. The rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors had outdoor entrances. An elevator was available. The front desk clerk and cleaning staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. The king size bed was very, very comfortable. It was one of the most comfortable beds we've slept in and we stay at a lot of places. All the furniture was in great shape, the TV worked good and had clear reception. The wireless internet was easy to connect to and had very good speed. We stayed three nights and had no problems at all. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — One of the most comfortable beds we've slept in.
  • Disliked — The room could have been a bit larger.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2009

I booked at this hotel at a terrific price through the Baymont web site. Once I arrived, I was told by the desk clerk that there was a clerical error and the manager told him that I would have to pay the lowest published price. That price happened to be the same as on the sign out front. I had booked the hotel over a month before my travel. They wait until after I drove 7 hours to tell me that they made a clerical error. They did not bother to call me ahead of time. I went ahead and agreed to the new price since figuring the manager would be more reasonable when I explained what happened and I did not have alternatives for the night other than drive around looking for a hotel. The next day when I called the manager, he insisted that I had cancelled my reservations (lets not forget the night desk clerk told me the manager told him there had been a clerical error). His answer to solve the problem was tough luck until I told him I would be writing a review based on my experience. He did offer me $10 off my bill if I did not write a review. He told me if I did write a review he would bill my credit card. Since the $10 is far from what I was quoted, I told him I would rather warn other customers that except his bribe money. Be warned, do not be drawn in by a low price quote!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Customer Service!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank BrentOhio

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Everything worked! Super nice place. Late night desk worker was professional, helpful and got me registered fast. Hot tub 24/7 and it worked! Recommended, and will stay again.

Stayed September 2008