Hampton Inn Louisville Airport
$229
$199
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle servicechurchill downsmile radiusroom was cleanan early flightfair groundscomplimentary breakfastexpo centeramusement parknice hotelstaff was friendly and helpfulconvenient locationthe breakfast areaeasy accessfree shuttleother hotelsa great stay
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was very nice; situated minutes from the Louisville Airport, and convenient to main highways. The front staff (Sara, in particular) was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable plus the hotel had a hot complimentary breakfast bar. The only thing I would suggest is more lighting in the bathroom but everything else was great!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

We appreciate you being our guest at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly and helpful service, our sleeping rooms as well as our breakfast. I will definitely share this with Sara for the job well done taking care of you all. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a very nice property for business travelers, in part, because of the close proximity o the airport. Large clean rooms, very friendly and helpful front desk staff, and an adequate fitness center. Breakfast provided -- nothing special -- but lots of choices. Coffee seems to be available all day in the lobby.

Room Tip: I chose a room on a higher floor -- but given the location not sure there is a good view to be had from any direction.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for staying at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found the location convenient, the rooms clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Let me start with what I liked about the hotel. The bed was super comfortable as was the comforter, which reminded of Germany, and the pillows were top notch. If you're only concerned about the bed then book this hotel. The hotel was also fairly sound proof from the outside unless you are overlooking the outdoor pool then you may hear some noise. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathrooms were also very nice with excellent showers. The location is great considering its right across the street from the airport and its only about 10 minutes from downtown. Now lets talk about the cons.

The breakfast, if you can call it that, was terrible. I know free breakfasts aren't supposed to be great but this was something else. Anything actually cooked was bland and the textures were off. The sausages weren't cooked all the way either so I barely touched my food. There is dried cereal, fruit and yogurt so there is that but I warned you about the cooked food. The breakfast area is also beyond small for the amount of people there. For some reason the elevators smelled like a bathroom. Probably due to the amount of people using them from the pool. The interior can also be quite noisy. During my stay there entire little league baseball teams that roamed the halls like packs of dogs, imagine the fun. Of course this is not the hotels fault but it is something to consider.

If you are just looking for a nice room in a good location and you don't mind the cons then get this hotel. Just remember don't eat food!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the outdoor pool, highway, and airport. The other half faces the road, your choice. There are also 4 floors and there are handicap rooms available.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 13RedRob31

Thank you for staying at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a comfortable nights rest at our property and found the room to be quiet and clean. I am however sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. I can assure you that this is not the normal experience and I will find out specifically what happened that morning. I am sorry that the baseball team was disruptive during your stay. I can assure you we do our best to ensure they are under control during the rare times they stay at our property. Please do come back again next time you are in the area. Take care.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 1 night awaiting a flight the next day. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was clean. I will say I wouldn't recommend thing for a family trip longer that a day. The bathroom had a single light fixture directly over the sink which had direct light in only one portion of the bathroom. The rest of the bathroom only received partial light. While in the shower with the curtain drawn it was very dark. The pool was ok but a few warnings as well. The location of the pool is in the middle of the hotel which is shaped like a U. You have two other hotel properties on either side. Because of this the actual pool was half shaded by early afternoon and was in the complete shade not long after 4. Because of the lack of a full days sun the water was very cold. The day we stayed was in the higher 90's and the water was still to cold to stay in very long. They also have put in some nice looking builtin wall desk/closet/storage due to the rooms not have a standard hotel closet. The closet itself was extremely small and had the bar for clothes hanging set perpendicular vs a standard parallel. This was done due to the obvious small size of the closet. Because of the design when you hang your clothes they basically stack over each other with only the last item hung up showing. The bar itself is only about 12 inches long so really not much room if you have many clothes for a multi day trip or a larger family. My 2 suits I had with me for a work trip the following day took up most of the room and wouldn't have allowed for more clothes to be hung up with out trying to squish everything in. Overall the hotel is good for a quick in and out 1 day stay and I would choose it again for that but I would not for anything longer than 1 day or a business trip.

2  Thank floptical
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a terrific experience with our friendly staff and that you found our hotel to be immaculate. I am sorry that you had a couple of frustrations in regards to the design and layout. If you did happen to return, please let us know if you have any concerns and we can do our best to resolve them during your stay. Thanks again and please come back again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This Hampton is very clean and convenient to University of Louisville and restaurants. I will stay there again. Good value is comparison to other hotels in the area. Breakfast area is roomy and selection is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location and value as well as our cleanliness and breakfast experience. Please do come back again next time you are in the area.