“Happy Camper”

Ranked #17 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Rock Hill, SC
“Happy Camper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very happy with the room, cleanliness and quietness...even with the driveway upgrades going on outside. The front desk staff were also able to provide a late check out for me as I became ill on this trip and needed a few extra hours to recuperate before heading back to the airport. I would stay their again, VERY convenient to the airport at 0.4 miles from the rental car lot!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and taking the time to share your positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We are glad you had a good experience. We are very excited about all of the updates we are having done at our property and I am pleased it did not cause too much disruption. I hope you are feeling well. Please come back again soon.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Hampton because I was going to a show at the Expo center right down the street. The location is perfect for those going to the Expo center for events or to the airport.

When I checked in, the young guy at the counter wasn't too customer friendly. I got the feeling he wasn't excited about being there or checking in another guest. I found my room on the first floor to be clean and nice with plenty of room. My only issue with the room was the bed which is really odd for a Hampton Inn. It was springy and noisy. Other than the bed, the room was plenty quiet with the only other noise being the HVAC. I didn't hear any airplanes either. The bathroom was very clean and plenty of towels, etc.

When I departed the next morning, the front desk was awesome and friendly. They offered to shuttle me to the Expo center which saved me parking and put me out right at the door. Parking at the hotel, by the way, was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you had a good stay and you liked our location. We are excited to say that we are presently having several updates at the property including a new lock system, new beds, and fridges in all rooms! Please do come back and thank you again for staying.
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in this area because of attending the farm show. This hotel by far is the best in my opinion. The staff is nice and helpful. Get on the shuttle and they will take you to the best places to eat.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for staying at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Mark Kuiper
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have stayed in 4 Hampton Inns in the last couple of weeks. We are blue card members. All were easy access from the highway. Only one (Williamsburg, KY) had a microwave and refrigerator. All had great towels and bedding. The covers that are used over the duvets are washed after every guest. Nice. Amenties include shampoo, conditioner, lotion and 2 soaps. Coffee maker. Desk area, flat screen TV. Some had USA TODAY and others didn't. As a reward member, we received bottled water. One gave oreo cookies...the one in Lexington, KY - hot chocolate cookies...awesome. Breakfast at each were amble. All were very clean.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room not facing the highway and away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stays at Hampton and we appreciate you being an Honors Member. Please come back again soon!
Mark
TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is nice but the room is a littled cramped for a business traveler, the work desk is right next to the bed. Good location for catching an early flight but restaurants are a drive. Also UPS flyes into the airport so there is jet noise all night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Our goal is 100% guest satisifaction and I hope you enjoyed the guest service we provided. I would like to apologize for the UPS jet noise. As we are very convenient to the airport, we do at times encounter some jet noise. Thanks again for staying and please do come back.
Mark K
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I spent one night at this airport location in July 2012 because I knew I was flying in late and would be too tired to drive to stay with family. My flight was delayed, so after waiting for a rental vehicle I arrived at the hotel super exhausted around 2am. The desk clerk was nice and he quickly got my key. No problems with my reservation which was using my hotel points. There were no bugs and my room was clean when I finally got there, but these are the best things I can say.

A scary issue was that the parking was full, so I had to park at the very back of the property and walk alone to get back in the hotel as a woman at night. Naturally, I tried to use my room key to enter the closest door which was on the side by the pool. After bumping my suitcase over curbs/steps without a ramp, I discovered the door was broken and had a sign directing me to the next door. I had to loop around the sidewalk and try again at the next door at the other end of the pool which was not working either. Finally, I had to drag my suitcase all the way back to the parking then to the main, front entrance to get inside. I was grateful that it wasn't rainy and that no one was hanging around the parking area.

The room was clean and quiet, so I did sleep fine. I dragged myself down for the free breakfast and discovered the place was full of youth sports teams. They had decimated the breakfast like locusts and sadly the hotel seemed unprepared to replenish for later diners. I found dried scrapings of oatmeal at the bottom of the huge kettle. There were no more eggs. Cereal was a wasteland and no fruit remained. I was able to get a glass of juice but regular coffee was empty. I asked the lady in back if she had more food to set out for the adults like myself who were searching for breakfast. The answer was we would have to make do with what was out (essentially some bread products.)

I asked the lady in the breakfast area if she had a breakfast "to go" bag because I recalled those are normally available for business travelers. She sent me around to the front desk where a woman was taking her time chatting with a male guest as I waited and waited. Finally, I asked her for the bagged breakfast which she seemed reluctant to provide as I was questioned before it was tendered. I told her that they had nothing left in the breakfast area, so I wanted something to eat. By this time, my coffee was lukewarm and I was irritated. As they were out of coffee except for decaf, I took my bag back to my room to brew my own coffee in the bathroom coffemaker which normally I avoid using because of the thought of aerosolized toliet water covering the entire room when housekeeping flushes without closing the lid. Yes, I did rinse off the coffeemaker before brewing. An inventory of my bag revealed a bottle of water, a horribly greasy small muffin, an apple and a cereal bar. I decided that I was done and just repacked my things and left to find edible food on the road.

I've stayed at hotels of a lower tier that do a better job with breakfast and repairs to their building. I travel many weeks per year for work and pleasure, so I know what works and what is typical. This hotel did itself no favors. Given a choice, I won't stay here again even for free. They need to have door locks working, clean and replenish at breakfast and train staff on proper customer service. A smile costs nothing. It costs nothing to say, "I'm sorry about the breakfast situation. Let me see what I can do." It costs nothing to warn guests that all of the doors are inoperable from outside except the main entrance, so unloading before parking the vehicle may be a good idea. Perhaps I'm just spoiled by living in Texas where people are helpful and polite as a part of our values and not just because it makes good business sense!

• Stayed July 2012
Keith L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, I apologize for the level of service that you received during you time with us. We will be sure to address our staff in attempts to keep situations like this from being repeated. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Winchester, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Nov.1.21012. when I arrived it was very nice and clean. I went to the front desk and there was nobody at the desk. I stood there for quite a while before she arrived. I was there around 8:00pm. I was greeted with a lady who said "yeah" I was speechless!! I checked in and had never been there, had no idea where to park or where to go, to get to my room. She definetely offered no assistance with it! Was not happy with her CS skills. I had to walk around the hotel for a while to find everything! My room was great, and very clean. I loved the view of the city!! The next morning I left out early and the breakfast area was very nice, and Hampton standard. The lady working breakfast had in a headset, was listening to music and singing(really). So I spent my breakfast listening to her sing! I wasn't happy. Overall this hotel was very clean, and offered a great breakfast, but the CS was horrible. I love the location, it was just miles from many things to do.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple