“Comfortable room and friendly staff.”

Hampton Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The rooms were average, but clean with comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the free breakfast selection was good and delicious. Expensive rate because of the Kentucky Derby weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

I would like to take a moment and thank you sharing your experiences with the Trip Advisor Family.

I am pleased to see that we as a Team were able to contribute in some way to you having a Great Stay while in Louisville as we know you have many lodging opportunities so once again Thank you!

Hampton Inn Louisville --- express your Hamptonality!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

You can hear ALL the airport noise. The blinds in my room didnt fully cover the window, so the bright glow of the orb lighting by the swimming pool poured into my room all night long. The carpet was damp (not a wet spot...damp all over)...it is April, so it hasn't been THAT humid. I stay in many Hilton properties for work and have been very pleased with the updates they've been making to the Hampton chain. Perhaps they should visit this one...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Keith L, Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Good Morning –

I am sorry you experienced problems during your stay with us in Louisville. I have sent your Survey to the appropriate Department Director's for if was not the comments like you shared we sometimes would not know at times what needs attention in the Day to Day Operations of the hotel overall.

In the immediate area of the hotel there are several eateries such as The Cardinal Inn and The Blue Horse Cafe to name just 2 and our shuttle will take all guest to these or any others within 3 miles of the hotel.

The Gold’s Gym is a very reputable Gym with no negative comments from our guest or in our Business First Magazine on local establishment ratings.

We will take your insights to our staff and through Coaching and Counseling improve our Guest Experience.

Once again I do apologize for any and all inconveniences you suffered while you were with us!

Thank you for your candid review!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Traveling on business, I found this Hampton to be below my expectations. The property is old, the walls are very thin between adjoining rooms and there is nothing in the way of decent dining nearby.

Upon entering, I found the young woman at the reception desk to be unusually rough around the edges for a Hampton. In fact, when I asked if they offered a complimentary pass to a nearby fitness center, I was given the name of a facility and the street that it is on. I am not from Louisville so I had to get the actual street address from the Internet once I entered my room. That wouldn't have been too terrible if she would have been kind enough to warn me that the fitness facility is in a rough neighborhood and caters to those who live there. This was a gym that a typical business professional would NOT want to be directed to. I did not feel safe and if I were a woman, I would have felt less safe. I was not at all happy about being led to this place without so much as a warning or heads up about the area. In hindsight, the young woman at the reception desk may well have fit right in.

As for the room, it was an adjoining room and I could hear every word (and frequent loud clearing of the throat!) of the gentleman next door to me. That was annoying to say the least. There was nothing particularly nice about the room - it felt like a lesser Hampton room.

In addition, the room was quite small. It had a terrible ironing board/iron, which to me are important necessities when traveling on business. As I write this (I am actually writing it while in the room--if that gives you some insight to my level of satisfaction here), I am reminded of the proximity of the airport. Yes, you will here the jets, loud and clear.

My last comment is that there are no decent restaurants anywhere near this hotel. You will need to get back on the expressway and drive a number of miles to find a better area. Again, you do not want to explore the Preston Hwy area where the health club is... believe me.

In summary, I am a fan of Hampton Inn. I will not, however, book this Hampton again. I didn't like the room, nor the service, nor the area, nor the availability of dining. This Hampton gets a thumbs down.

Room Tip: If you book here, ask if there is a room which does not adjoin another room. You will thank me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rcn400
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Good Morning—

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to Share your veiws with Trip Advisor.

It appears from your comments that the staffs efforts fell short of your expectations and I apologize in advance for those issue's.

Some things we have no control over such things as Jet noise at an Airport Location or Restaurant Locations, but the things we can change at the hotel level have been passed to each Department Director.

Once again I apologize that your stay fell short and was not up to par and your comments will be directed to the staff immediately for continued improvement through Education and Coaching.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport last night as this was very close to the front gate of the Kentucky State Fairgrounds. My sons had an athletic event going on there and we wanted to be close and feel "fresh" for the days competition. I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on hear about it and several others in the area. For the money, the service and the cleanliness I totally agree with the majority of the reviews on here and give it a "4" or maybe a B if I were giving it a letter grade. Some wear and tear here and there, not much mind you and a few other things could be improved upon. We did the dreaded "Bed Bug" check and the room passed, but, I got a bite on my ankle while we were laying in bed. We sort of freaked out when we jerked back the covers and my wife found what we thought was a flea. We had been relaxing all night in the room and hadn't had any problems until this time and when my wife picked up a spec on the sheets we had jerked back, it jumped off her hand. I had no other problems the rest of the night and neither did my wife other than being a bit freaked out about bugs. I told the person at the front desk on our way out and she told me they would have the room checked and assured me that they didn't allow animals to stay there. I also told them about the sink being slow when draining and they said they would check this as well. The whole bug/sink thing was not really a big problem and my son's who stayed in another connecting room had no problems at all. The place is pretty clean overall and it seemed like the housekeeping staff would go to extra effort with specially folded towels and mints in the rooms. Overall, I found the staff pretty friendly with one or two that just sort of minded their own business and didn't say much. Breakfast was pretty good except there was no meat at all on this one. Tthey did have cheese and egg omeletes which were pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Good Morning---

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Survey from Hilton Worldwide. I know it can be rather lengthy so on behalf of the Brand thanks. I see by your ratings of 8 we fell down somewhere during your stay. If you could let me know where a Department could improve or we as a TEAM could have been better for you
Your comments have been directed to each Department Director to use as a learning tool through Coaching and Counseling to improve our future Guest Experience…Which we could not improve if was not for YOU !

Once again thank you for staying with Hilton worldwide…

Reviewed March 1, 2012

clean rooms quiet surroundings, friendly staff, fresh oatmeal for breakfast

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Good Morning—

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer the survey from Hilton World Wide as I know the survey can be rather lengthy so I thank you in advance.

It appears from the survey that the staffs continued efforts allowed you to have comfortable and enjoyable stay while in Louisville.

If there is anything that you might like to see here at the hotel in the coming year please just let me know at my personal e-mail.

Once again thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The Hampton Inn is an ideal location for major events at the Louisville Expo center. The personnel were extremely helpful and the accomodations were excellent. The shuttle service was excellent and not only picked up for the airport but also drove guests to the door at the Expo center,saving on event parking fees.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room as early as possible since room availability often depends on a major event at...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Guest --

Thank you taking the time to fill out the Guest Survey you received from Hilton Worldwide. If it were not for the responses that we get at times we would not have the true Guest Experience from our Guest perspective so once again Thank You! And your Survey has been forwarded to each Department Director to utilize to see what’s great, good and just so-so……

Once again thank you for staying with us here in Louisville!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Sara was great at check in. The free internet and breakfast where the reason we choose Hampton's.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Reveiw!

I am glad to see by your ratings that it appears that the Staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable while in Louisville.

We try to make your time away from your home more satisfying. If there is anything you would to see from us that we might be able to try please letting me know…..

Once again thank you!