All reviews jacuzzi tub breakfast bar is hotel based indoor pool mini kitchen the room was extremely clean tv channels hotel is located close to the airport recommend staying here the room was nice enjoyed our stay visit louisville minute drive nice breakfast desk clerk water pressure
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2005

We were passing through Louisville; it was 3:00 am; and we needed some sleep before going any further. The guy at the front desk was very friendly. The room was nothing special; although, we weren't expecting much. We were literally there to sleep and get out. Getting to sleep was difficult. There were three loud voices that went on and on. I don't know if they were next to us or above us or what. All I know is it couldn't have been any louder if they had been sitting at the foot of my bed. Apparently, the walls are paper thin. Being close to the airport, you'd think they would have used extra caution in soundproofing. Oh, well, thank God for late check out, which allowed us to sleep in a bit before heading out.

Date of stay: October 2005
1  Thank meyerinc
Reviewed July 4, 2005

Spent one night at the Quality Inn and Suites on July 3, and will not be returning. On check-in we were sent to a smoking room, complete with ashtrays and stench, after requesting a non-smoking room. We were moved right away, however.

This former Holiday Inn location gives the very strong impression of having been bought cheaply, given one thin coat of paint and then allowed to decay in the interests of packing in as many warm and unwary bodies as possible. Although the front desk personnel put on a great show of trying to be helpful and informative, it is only that, a show – trying to actually get something DONE is a dream.

Apparently part of the hotel as been turned over to long-term stay customers from an out-of-state construction company, and they have the run of the place – using the lifesaving rings as pool toys, yelling and screaming in the common areas and hallways at all hours of the night, climbing the railings instead of using the stairs to get to their rooms, very loud rap music until 3 or 4 a.m., pool parties at 5 a.m. if they feel like it … you get the idea. If you do stay here, do NOT get a poolside room, or you will get no sleep, at all.

The amenities are skimpy and grudgingly offered – the heated indoor pool was not, none of the lounge areas seem to be open, if you do need more towels it can be a 2-3 hour wait for them, and oddest of all, the free breakfast, while in the same hotel, is operated by an outside contractor so all comments or concerns about that are met with shrugs at the front desk.

3  Thank WearyTravellery
Reviewed June 21, 2005

Very bad time I would never stay there again!
pool ladder was broken and cut me. Hair dryer in room cought fire and my room smelled bad all night. I was told I would get a discount on the room but the next morning the person at the counter argued with me. I dont advise anybody to stay at this place!

Date of stay: June 2005
3  Thank Journey15552
Reviewed April 11, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for two nights during spring break week with a friend and two children. The indoor pool was closed the first day, but once they got it opened it was very nice. However, they have closed the spa/hot tub because it was too expensive to maintain. So don't expect to find this available if you stay at this hotel. The free breakfast was okay, but nothing special. They had biscuits, gravy, eggs, donuts, muffins, cereal. The room was nice - it had a fridge, sink, microwave. It did have a very large jacuzi tub in the bathroom and it was exceptional!! The staff was very friendly and good at giving directions to local attractions. Would certainly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: April 2005
2  Thank Deedi64
Reviewed September 15, 2004

I had occasion to stay at this hotel for eight days in September 2004. While the staff was accomodating when asked, the facilities left much to be desired. The room was not maintained well, consumables not replaced regularly (coffee cups, Kleenex, toilet tissue, etc.) The desk drawer was full of trash and wrappers when I arrived but was never cleaned out although I left it open for housekeeping to see. The white blanket had a very large yellow stain and should have been thrown away long ago! The hotel is in an industrial area just off the freeway and safety could be an issue. When I walked through the lobby to return to my room after 9 or 10 pm each night no one was ever visible at the front desk but in a side office out of sight. It is unknown whether there was a camera for the staff to see anyone entering the hotel from this room but it did not promote a feeling of security particularly for female guests. I would chose another hotel for my next trip to Louisville.

Date of stay: September 2004