“Pretty Clean & Centerally Located”

Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
Ranked #73 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Located close to everything, but not the best neighborHOOD. Didn't really deal with the staff. When we got to our room we were VERY disappointed that the AC was not on...not even the ceiling fan. HELLO...It's the end of June in the middle of HELL. It was so hot and stuffy in there it literally took the rest of the day and all night to cool it off...and that was the AC on high and the fan. About 3 am it felt good. We left that puppy running the entire time we were there. The room pics look nice, but in person the room is a bit outdated. There's a full kitchen in the "penthouse" but no pans, plates, silverware, or even napkins...pretty pointless if you ask me. The internet ran very slow. The pool area was clean but we didn't get to enjoy it because there most have been some kind of tournament that weekend and there were 8-10 teenage girls at the INDOOR pool singing, screaming, and giggling. (Guess we've gotten old) The rooms were clean, except the bathroom had little hairs all over it. That was gross! The breakfast was not appetizing, to say the least. It consisted of hard-boiled eggs (strange), gravy (skip it, you'll thank me), biscuits, various pastries & fruits, coffee, and a couple different types of juice. We got up early enough to go to breakfast the first morning, but didn't bother the 2nd morning. All in all...it wasn't terrible. Just not as much QUALITY as we expected. Oh well...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2008

We chose this hotel as it was close to the university and it had a full kitchen. However, there were no pans, utensils, or dishes in the kitchen - so what was the point?? The mattresses had springs coming through and there were loud parties all night long. The breakfast choices & quality was very poor. The only good thing was the jacuzzi which was huge. Next time though I will spend a little more & get a good nights sleep.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank ssu11321
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thanks for leaving your review, we are sorry you had a problem with the first room and had to move, we normally do not have any insect problems and if you ever do return again we promise you will not have this problem here again. The front desk mgr. (myself) was never contacted about any refund regarding your stay with us for any inconvenience of having to move rooms or you would have received at least a partial credit for your inconvenience of having to change rooms had you asked. If we do not here back from you after changing rooms (which I am sure was a inconvenience) we can only assume that you were satisfied with the room change. Had you decided not to stay at that point you would not have been charged a dime as we would have let you out of your reservation at no penalty.

Reviewed July 1, 2007

I stayed here from June 29-July 1. It was a free room since my father had reward points. My sister and I and my 1-year old stayed here for the weekend. The room was larger than an average hotel room. It also had a kitchenette area, except there were no utensils, kitchen items, etc. I thought the beds were hard. The bathroom was large, but seemed somewhat dirty, even after being cleaned, which is probably an age thing. The sink was in the same part as the tub and toliet, which is unusual for a hotel. I actually prefer the sink to be separate because then one person can get ready while the other takes a shower. However, the shower was great compared to some chain hotels. The shower spray was strong, which you don't always get.

The room was nice and quiet, even though we were on the freeway side of the hotel. I hardly noticed we were next to the freeway, until I went outside.

The staff was quite accomodating, getting us into our room before the official check-in time.

The breakfast was okay, but nothing to get excited over.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mwminnesota
Reviewed June 10, 2007

what a joke. impossible to get to, all one way roads. hotel should have closed when the highway went right thur the front. BIG DEAL, whirlpool tub, with rubber covered 1970 worn out beds. this place should rent by the hour, not the day. hookers outside waiting for your pleasure. guest, if thats what they were, i'd say more like crack dealers, LOUD all night!!! the morning checkout was a treat, police in the lobby over a certain ethnic fight in one room, not enough drugs to go around i would guess. STAY CLEAR, A REAL DUMP. IF YOU MUST USE THIS ONE, BRING A GUN AND A JUG OF BLEACH.

2  Thank bigestuna
Reviewed November 11, 2006

This hotel has many things in its favor. Number one: Location, near the U. of Louisville and Churchill Downs, right off of I-65. Also the rates are reasonable, there are amenities such as free wi-fi, a pool, airport shuttle, and free breakfast. But bring your earplugs, because the sound-proofing is totally inadequate. You will hear every conversation and TV show in the rooms next door, upstairs and below. You may even have the disagreeable experience, as I did, of being woken up by a phone call from the front desk at 3:30 am to be told that your snoring was keeping the guests next door awake. This after I had to hear every word of their argument earlier that night. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Roaming_Roman
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 5, 2005

I almost always use tripadvisor before I book an unknown hotel, and I have always found the reviews to be accurate. Today, as I was searching for a hotel in Sarasota, FL, I decided to look at the reviews for this hotel - where I have stayed 4 times this year for business trips to Louisville. Perhaps the above reviews are accurate, but I can tell you they do not reflect my experience.

I always stay in the 3rd floor penthouse (yes, its funny - but that is what they call it). The rooms are large, with efficiency kitchens, and cathedral style ceilings. Each room has a ceiling fan. Each room also has a LARGE 2 person jacuzzi. I have found this hotel (at least these rooms) to be the nicest in its class. The 3rd floor rooms are typically $90. For the money, you won't find anything nicer.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2005

We were passing through Louisville; it was 3:00 am; and we needed some sleep before going any further. The guy at the front desk was very friendly. The room was nothing special; although, we weren't expecting much. We were literally there to sleep and get out. Getting to sleep was difficult. There were three loud voices that went on and on. I don't know if they were next to us or above us or what. All I know is it couldn't have been any louder if they had been sitting at the foot of my bed. Apparently, the walls are paper thin. Being close to the airport, you'd think they would have used extra caution in soundproofing. Oh, well, thank God for late check out, which allowed us to sleep in a bit before heading out.

• Stayed: October 2005