“Repeat customer”

Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Unknown
“Repeat customer”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is the second year we have stayed. Make sure to request a room with a huge bathroom when you check in. They have tubs that are big enough to fit 2 to 3 people! The pool is nice and clean. The breakfast has a good selection. It's in a good location if you need to go to downtown Louisville. I really have no complaints about it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My mother and I were on a road trip and stopped here to sleep for the night. My mother is a smoker and asked for a smoking room. The room smelled so bad it was almost unbearable. The windows didn't open at all so we couldn't even get fresh air. The rooms are defenitly dated and needs to be renovated. For $100, it really was not worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank SophiaLauria
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during live stock show in louisville, ky. my friend recomanded me this place. i stayed there for 2 nights. they upgraded my room with Jacuuzi in it, Jacuzzi was awsome upgrade for me since i was driving for last 9 hours. the staff is really nice, friendly and so helpful. i will definately stay here again if i visit louisville in future.

Room Tip: Ask Front desk clerk to upgrade room with Jacuzzi, if they are not busy. it was nicest room i have e...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed here for Breeder's Cup this past weekend. Unfortunately we were not familiar with the area and booked this due to its proximity to Churchill Downs and other hotel brands I would typically use being booked for the event. The other reviews are 100% accurate, the hotel was disgusting, the neighborhood is scary (I wouldn't go outside alone day or night), and it is noisy 24x7 from trains, highway noise and the other guests. Walls are paper thin, and the whole place including the room reeked of smoke despite it supposedly being non-smoking. There was another strange odor going on too, but the cigarette stench covered it up. There are no amenities nearby.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jojo1492
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I spent 4 nights in this dump because the I-64 bridge across the Ohio River was closed and we didn't want to fight the re-routed traffic on the other two bridges. Our original plan was to stay in Indiana but we changed our hotel at the last minute when we discovered the closed I-64 bridge...

The smell of bleach was very strong in the bathroom so I'm guessing housekeeping regularly disinfected everything but the appearance of everything was well worn. The room was musty, the corners of the carpet were dusty / dirty, and the window couldn't be opened. On a positive note we found clean sheets and bedding after a through inspection upon arrival so we decided to stay as the hotel was close to the conference we attended where we spent the majority of our time while in Louisville.

We had one really bad night as the occupants of the adjoining room were engaged in very noisy activities and they had their TV volume turned way up... To make matters worse the walls have no sound insulation. At 12:30 am I finally called the front desk...

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank RoadWarrior61323
Perryville,ky
Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you like smelly rooms and yellow towel this is your place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BigRed043
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Stayed there for the Kentucky Derby. Unpacked my luggage when I returned home and found bed bugs. Place was disgusting, but even worse now that I know they have bugs!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends