“Great for us, once again”

Ramada Louisville North
Ranked #67 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This was our second time around at this hotel for our annual Aussie Footy tournament, and once more, they looked after us like a treat. We had an initial stuff up with the rooms (at our end, not theirs) and Naresh and his staff worked with us over the week leading up to the tourney and got all of the players in rooms so we were good to go. Tessa on the front desk also helped when we checked in to make sure we were all squared away and every body had a room. The restaurant on site was pretty good and they even kept the bar open a bit longer that normal when they saw the crowd that we had brought back after playing our games on Saturday. Straight across the road is the Kingfish restaurant which has always looked after us, and is a real pleasure to sit on the deck overlooking the river. If you get a chance, check out the Captains Quarters, a lovely restaurant/ bar and marina about 3 miles up the road, pretty cool place.

Overall, the Ramada once again, was perfect for us, easy on off the freeway for access to the City and airport, close to where we needed to be, and plenty to do in the vicinty to keep us amused when we were not at the playing fields.

• Stayed: October 2010
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for bringing your soccer team once again and we appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on Trip Advisor.

I and my staff were glad to be of help and I am delighted to hear that you had good time during
your visit to Louisville. I hope to continue this partnership in future or when you are back in town.

Sincerely

Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel reluctantly because of some of the comments by others. When we checked in the staff was friendly and the room was worth the money. It was clean. The area was seemed safe and it was very easy acces to the highway. This is a good place to stay. The bed was harder than we are used to but we slept good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
LouisvilleRamadaGM, Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and it surely boost morale of the staff who work towards making each guests stay as enjoyable as possible. Also the mattress that we have put in the rooms are brand new as per the Ramada standards. They were bought from Serta and the type is Emerald Plush Conceirge in case if you are interested in knowing. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing this review on Trip Advisor and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

We just finished our stay and enjoyed all facets of this hotel and the staff's attentiveness in their duties to make the travellers comfortable. The hotel has been refubished and is still continuing to improve the building and the grounds. This is the perfect location as you can ride along the waterfront and be arrive midtown in just minutes wihout all the big city traffic. All major highways are also very close by. The earlier negative comments had to be made by before the hotel improvements were finished. Location, service, pool and other amenities make this a very good investment for your stay. Feel free to contact me if you want further information. Captain Bill

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Dear Captain Bill

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was indeed a pleasure meeting you in person during your stay here at Ramada Downtown North.

Again, thank you for completing this review on Trip Advisor and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (502) 897-5101.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was especially impressed by the way the staff treated my family and friends. At the front desk there was Tessa and Eddie, both assets to your company. Then there were the gentlemen in El Nopal Restaurant attached to the hotel that were wonderful! I will definitely be booking at this hotel when I am in the area. Thanks for making it great Ramada Downtown North staff!!!

• Stayed: June 2010

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete tthis review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was great pleasure in having you stay with us here at Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY.

Please know that your compliments are greatly appreciated and I will surely let Tessa, Ed and Sergio (Restaurant Manager) know about this. Your kind words certainly boost our morale while we try to finish our renovation and improve our guest satisfaction scores. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

We arrived and found that we had accidentally reserved a King/Smoking room. We had intended to stay in a King/Non-Smoking room. Tessa at the front desk showed us a King/Smoking room just in case...no dice! :( She then offered to upgrade us to a King Suite for free! We went to our new room and found that while the room was VERY recently updated (which we appreciated), it had been renovated THAT DAY and hadn't been officially cleaned up. Tessa sent some people up to clean the room for us and 2 hours later were able to get back into the room. The renovations aren't exactly top-notch, but the room was clean and new. Super comfy bed...friendly staff...great location...we'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Please know that your compliments are greatly appreciated and I also want to thank you for your cooperation in waiting while the room was getting ready after new carpet installation. Your kind words certainly boost Tessa's and other staff morale while we try to finish our renovation and improve our guest satisfaction scores. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

After 19 years my husband finally located his 2 daughters, and they were in Louisville, KY. So we had made arrangements at the Ramada Inn for our weekend. 2/5/2010 til 2/7/2010. First off, the desk chair, had hair ALLLLLL over the backrest part, nasty, then I went to plug in my phone charger, when I bent down to plug it in it felt as if my hair was stuck, it was in cobwebs. As we looked further we found them in quite a few different spots. YUK!!!! We had told the front desk about it, and when I told them I first noticed them when my hair hit it they giggled, and not even a I'm sorry for the inconvience or anything. Then on check out day my husband just got out of the shower and was attempting to get dressed when the housekeeper just opened the door and started to come in, and noticed we were still there and then said housekeeping. What a nightmare! I think you all need more caring and people who actually care to work and follow the day to day rules.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guidingships
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please
know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (502) 897-5101.
General Manager @ RamadaDowntownNorth

Reviewed January 22, 2010

We Have Stayed at hundreds of Hotels over the years and I can say with 100% certainty our worst hotel experience before staying at this Ramada is now our best in comparison. The Management and staff have to be the most rude, disrespectful people my wife and I have ever dealt with, and this includes even in a non business sense let alone us paying them for their lack of respect. Before we paid for our room they were all smiles and handshakes, yes sir/ no sir, yes ma'am/ no ma'am. However after it was as if we were an unwanted guest in their home such as a vermin. We got absolutely ZERO rest because despite having very limited rooms filled they put us room by room and the folks next door beat on the walls all night. All the vending and Ice machines were EMPTY which was bad because I am an insulin depending diabetic and nearly went into shock because I had to drive to a store to get simply a sugared drink when dealing with a low blood sugar episode. Our continental breakfast was a joke! There was literally 1 Banana, 4 Muffins and a plastic container full of month old stale Fruit Loops however we were so poorly treated when we asked if "this was all" you would have thought I had spit in their face. Instead of room service knocking the next day they simply opened the door and came in our room, and i dont mean just one housekeeper I mean several women and children!! YES, Children! While my wife and I are in the room (guess its a good ting we were decent). We went to Louisville for a relaxing vacation and ended up having to go back home to actually relax.... Ive stayed at 30 dollar a night Super 8's that put this hotel to utter shame as far as cleanliness, courtesy, and room quality and This particular Ramada is 70+ a night, not a lot but for what you get entirely too much. Do yourself a favor if your thinking of staying at this Ramada and just stay home because if you stay at this Hotel after reading this you deserve the extremely bad service you will get..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2010

know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
General Manager @ RamadaDowntownNorth