“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ramada Louisville North
Ranked #66 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for one night on our way home from a long road trip. We chose this hotel because they allowed pets and because the price was good. We were not expecting much. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and when we opened the door to our room we could not believe how nice it was. We stayed in a hotel in Nashville earlier on the trip for twice the price per night that did not even compare to this one. We could tell the room was recently remodeled with tasteful and attractive colors and furnishings. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Excellent location--less than 10 minute drive to downtown, Baxter/Bardstreet corridor. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Louisville. Oh, and the property is manicured and meticulously maintained. The hotel was probably built in the 50s but it looked new. No reason not to stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the motel where you can park right outside your room which was nice!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank radley5

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute while in town for business - biggest mistake ever. The first room I was in had a broken toilet - I was moved to a different room when it could not be fixed. The second room had stains on two walls that looked like maybe someone had thrown a soda can against it and it exploded. The wall tiles in the bathrooms of both rooms were cracked and the second room, the door did not latch unless I slammed the door. Since all of the room doors open to the outside it was very noisy. There is currently construction on interstate 71 and all night I could hear dump trucks backing up and being loaded as well as sandblasting. I also had multiple instances of someone smoking in the courtyard outside my room and the smoke being pulled in through the air-conditioning unit. The "deluxe continental" breakfast consisted of bagels, muffins, some cereal and a box of frozen jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches sitting next to the microwave. It was bad enough that even though I had pre-paid for 2 nights, I left after the first night and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy and the staff was so very helpful and friendly. We will be staying there again in the near future (0:

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I hate tet word get out. Close to everything and routes to avoid traffic. The price is great and it is not a dump. I never stay at low priced motels but did so several derby week years back. This is my third trip here and it still does not disappoint for the money. Yes, the breakfast isn't great but there is a local place a mile or two away, with the money you saved you can even go all out. The linens are not duvet or hgh tread count but it is a clean, comfortable room. The pool i excellent.

Room Tip: get the pool side rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This location is so easy for us when visiting hospitals, Jewish East and Jewish downtown.

Room Tip: Always need a room on the ground floor because I'm in a wheelchair. We like room 105 because yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Blood stain on the bed sheet the first night and was not changed out the second night. When I checked out, was not asked about how I liked the stay, and when asked about a phone number to give feedback about the stay; the staff didn't seem to care if I hadd a problem with the place.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ra7allah
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I rented a suite for Easter weekend and only had one issue with my keys not opening the doors on my second night stay. When the problem couldn't be immediately corrected, the front desk gave me the option of moving to another suite or to opt for a discounted rate for the suite I was in. I was very impressed with their customer service skills and their expedient manner to correct the issue.
Great stay!