“There and Back again”

Ranked #67 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Little Rock, Arkansas
“There and Back again”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Clean, quiet, good breakfast, inexpensive, comfortable, wifi. Front desk person was very pleasant and gave us several delicious cookies! The only drawback was no elevator and a few steps. If you have a handicapped person in your party it can be a concern- Otherwise- 5 stars!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us once again. I also appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. Your honest feedback surely helps boost our staff's morale and we will continue to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

Our company has owned and operated this hotel for last 4 years. While we have renovated most areas and did consider adding an elevator. Construction restrictions just made it impossible, however when you are in the area next time, let us know and we will do everything possible to get you a room on 1st floor and close to the lobby. Also do stop by for the cookies !

Again, thank you for completing this review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me.
Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Vermontville, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Inn North on Zorn Avenue in Louisville, KY for 4 days while we attended a business expo. We were extremely pleased with the friendliness of service and cleanliness of our room. (NO bed bugs!) For an older motel they do a terrific job keeping their technology and services up to date. I also appreciated the firm mattress they provide. I didn’t wake up each morning with a backache! Their continental breakfast is really nice. However, as a diabetic, I would suggest maybe adding a few more items lower in carbs. than waffles, cereal and pastries. Maybe some hard boiled eggs?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest
I want to firstly thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. Your feedback surely boost our staff's morale and we will continue to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

Based on guest feedback we surely consider changing our breakfast options. We have recently added Egg/Sausage/Biscuit Sandwiches.

Maywood, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were on our way to Orlando late in October.

For the first night we booked Ramada Louisville Downtown North just to relax after along drive. I booked it on the internet.

We felt very safe staying here.

For the price. the motel was a good choice for us. It provided free parking. It included a good continental breakfast.

The room was very comfortable. The bed was also very comfortable. We had a fridge and WI-fi service.
If it was summer, we would have enjoyed their big outdoor swimming pool.

What made our stay even better, was the Mexican restaurant, El Nopal that is in the hotel.
It made our trip very enjoyable not having to look for a good place to eat. The Mexican food here was excellent and so where their drinks.I had a 22 oz Dos XX for $4.

We were near the stairs so upon going to bed we did hear the echoes of footsteps. But the comfort of the bed we had made up for it.

I took an evening walk over to the historical Water tower down a block away after our meal.

The next day we headed for the Atlanta, GA. area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the outdoor stairs. If you want to be close to the pool pick an interior r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. I have shared your feedback with my staff and the restaurant owner. We will continue to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

JACKSON
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I pulled into the Ramada very tired. The front desk employee was so pleasant and helpful that he made both of us relax and enjoy the rest of our evening. We ate at the restaurant on the property and didn't even have to get in the bumper to bumper traffic again. Our room was very comfortable and well equipped. The next morning we had breakfast and then on our way again. I would recommend this property to anyone. P. Tate

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. I have shared your feedback with my staff and they appreciate your words of encouragement. We will continue to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

General Manager - Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY
Miami
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Location
The Ramada Downtown North is conveniently located off the major interstate. It is about 15 minutes away from the airport and all other major attractions. There is a gas station/convenience store and Mexican restuarant located right next door.

Price
The motel was competitively priced, compared to other hotels in the area. The price also included complimentary breakfast, free parking.

Service was very good. All staff members we encountered were accommodating and helpful. Check-in was prompt.

Ambiance/ Condition
The motel itself is a bit worn down and there was some construction taking place. It doesn't give the best first impression, compared to other hotels in the area, but the lobby was clean and well maintained. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and calm. The room was clean, well equipped with a fridge, microwave, hairdryer, iron, etc.., and smoke-free (as requested). The bathroom had a few broken tiles and a door that wouldn't quite shut, but these are small inconveniences.

Overall, the motel was a good value for the price we paid. Location is convenient, service is good, the complimentary breakfast provided a sufficient meal, and there is ample parking. It would be considered to be at the "higher end" of motels, and "lower end" of hotels. If you are expecting fancy decorations, premium rooms and high end service, you should look for other hotels nearby.
Otherwise, this motel is a good bet.

Room Tip: Request non-smoking in advance. Also, you may wish to request a first floor room if you cannot use s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. We will take your feedback and continue to improve our property to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.

We have been spending time each year to renovate some part of our hotel and this year's focus is on guest bathroom and some exterior work. We have also upgraded our breakfast selection. We hope you will consider to stay with us once again in near future.

General Manager - Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY
Owensboro, KY
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel was clean and quiet. I guess that is what we all want, however I think it was rated 3 stars, and I believe that is a stretch. 2 1/2 is much better The hotel needs updates. New carpeting in the rooms or just clean carpet at the entrances would help. It is what I call a motor inn, so you drive to your door and enter from outside. Don't need carpet outside or on the landings. Continental breakfast was a nice touch. Made the stay bearable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
LouisvilleRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Louisville North, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write this review.

Your words of appreciation and your constructive feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again! Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly

Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

HI
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The toilet had a hole drilled on the top of the toilet ceramic cover to allow ventillation as you flush the toilet. The toilet backed up that night, I called the frontdesk to report it. He said there was no night maintenance person available but he had a plunger at the frontdesk and if I would like to use it. The room was $100.00 a night with two queen beds. The tub had stains near the drain. There was no closet only a rack with 6 hangers that was about to fall off the wall. The frontdesk personnel always seem to say there busy with other customers or would put you on hold for long periods. The exercise facilitie was a joke, the machines were broken and did not work but it met the appearance there was one for guest. No wake up call received as requested. Safety chain latch on the door was broken.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly

Ramada Downtown North, Louisville, KY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
East Louisville
Old Louisville
Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
South Side
Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo

Been to Ramada Louisville North? Share your experiences!