This is the reason I am giving this property a 4: when I arrived at the hotel in the rain a few weeks ago, there was no doorman/valet person to meet me. I called the hotel and told the person I spoke to I was outside and was told I had to wait for the valet to come. I waited about another 15 minutes and decided to get out of my car (in the rain by the way) and remove my 2 bags. I was wet, hungry and tired. I handed the keys to the car to the valet (who by the way was in the building standing behind his station). So I spoke to the reception person about this and found out that he was the one I spoke to. I was extremely angry by this point and made that known. This person told me I did not say I was outside when I called and that he was sorry. Why would I call and tell you that it is raining and ask you where the valets were, if I was not outside? Anyway, I went to bed fuming. By the next morning, there was an envelope under my bed and I thought they were throwing me out!!! But it was a very very nice apology letter, (the best I have ever had from a hotel) acknowledging his mistake. That never happens. And for my troubles gave me breakfast vouchers at Gatsby restaurant. I was very happy.
Other than the customer service, it is a good place to stay - just good. I know they are trying to maintain and preserve the hotel, but the decor and the room sizes are too outdated and small for me. And that dank smell - I just could not get over it!
It is a great place if you want to see what the hotel the author Fitzgerald wrote about, the famous Oakroom and Seelbach Bar as well as the history of the place. But for me it was just it is a place that you stay a few times and that is it - unless you do not have a choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Hilton Louisville