“Good 1 night stay”

Ranked #18 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Gurnee, Illinois
“Good 1 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I was in Louisville for business for just 1 night. I had been at the Seelbach once before about 6 months ago. All service was attentive and polite meeting expectations, from the valet to the front desk. The room was a little on the small side and certain things in the room were a little congested. But that isn't much of a surprise as this tends to happen in some older hotels. The mattress and linens were just ok for me and could/should have been better for a Hilton. There is a lounge on the 7th floor. I went there for breakfast at about 7am. Not sure if this was prime time but there was about 10-12 eating and getting food. It was difficult to navigate with just that many people. There are only a couple tables/chairs meant for eating and those are located right where the food is. So you have to walk to maze to get around other people sitting and those getting food. In the other area it is mostly large comfy chairs and end tables so you have to lean over the armrest to eat on the table. I also used the fitness center on the mezzanine level. I run 4-6 miles 4 days a week on treadmills. I used the one on the far left and ran my typical speed. The incline said zero, but there was no way the incline was zero. I felt a definite incline so potentially how it is positioned or due to the floor there is a slope but don't get discouraged if you don't run your normal speed, it's not you!

Didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant or bar.

All together I felt this was better than average and a pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Greenville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed overnight as a gift to ourselves for Christmas to get away in January 2014. The hotel is very nice - centrally located and historic. However for the price paid it was most underwhelming. Room was a good size but bathroom VERY small, impossible for 2 people to be in it at the same time. Tile cracked, cigarette burns on tub AND mold in shower and dirty/stained tub. For the price paid I would have expected the best. Bed, while roomy and big, was not good - sunk in middle. I get a better room and price staying at the Hilton Garden Inn for sure. Not worth the price!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan T
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a great experience here. Really well located and the building is beautiful. Service was amazing at the executive floor and by the staff in general. The oakroom was an amazing food experience and we highly recommend it for high end cuisine with a southern food touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and its absolutely beautiful. I took a tour of the famous spots inside the hotel which was worth it and very interesting. I did want to mention some things however, my friends and i got off a 5 hour road trip on a bus and once we arrived to the hotel we were exhausted. Michael was checking me in and we were having some issues with our credit cards so it took some time to figure everything out. Michael had the worst attitude while checking us in, not one smile, he looked extremely mad. Didn't feel welcomed at all and when you work at the front desk, a smile and willing for helpfullness is very important. I can understand if he had a bad day but we all do and we leave our problems at the door when coming into work. On a brighter note, Elizabeth was VERY helpful. Extremely professional and had a huge smile on her face, i felt at ease to ask her anything and she answered everything happily. now THATS customer service. I didnt get the names of the other front desk employees but everyone else was very helpful as well as the overnight staff. Peter the overnight manager was also very helpful and very professional. Overall the quality of the hotel is great, lots of history, and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms are rather smaller than what you think. the shower was great but the bathroom was also sma...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jetlife e
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed during a recent business trip. Great location and staff, very charming hotel with lots of character and history. The bar area transported me back in time to the era of prohibition. The hotel was sold out during my two night stay, and my room was next to the elevators on the ninth floor. I could hear everyone stepping in and out, the crowds gathering by the halls (there was a large conference and a wedding) and every conversation in adjacent rooms. So needless to say didn't get a goodnight sleep. I complained to management and noticed a significant difference in noise level the next evening.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We loved this hotel, however, I did not feel safe after our second night there. Twice we were approached by transient people who came in through open side and back doors not monitored by the hotel. The hotel staff responded quickly and appropriately, however transients can be prevented with locked and secure doors OR a full time security guard. The hotel is old, with classic doors. The hotel needs to invest in hotel key card access doors to ensure guest safety. For this reason ALONE I would not recommend anyone stay there. Other than that, everything else was great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Sandra G
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Seelbach Hilton on New Year's Eve. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was great. Being New Year's Eve, the hotel was very full and there was a wedding going on as well. The only negative and this is not a reflection on the Hotel or Staff, would be the wedding party was very loud. We stayed on the 9th floor in a larger room and everything was very comfortable. We are Hilton Honors Diamond Members and had access to the Executive Lounge. We enjoyed appetizers before our evening out and dessert before bed. Breakfast was great and the concierge was there to make sure we had all that we needed. We would definately stay at the Seelback Hilton again. A++++

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have a great view of the city!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family