“A Dowager But Not Dowdy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seelbach Hilton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Seelbach Hilton
Ranked #19 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
State College, United States
“A Dowager But Not Dowdy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Seelbach earlier this month for a conference. While I love grand, inner city hotels, it's sort of a crap shoot if they provide all the modern conveniences of a generic, modern hotel in the suburbs. I need not have worried about the Seelbach. It was a very pleasant experience. The public spaces are grand (check out the Rathskeller in the basement even if you don't have a function there), the guest rooms and bathrooms are as comfortable as in a hotel built 15 years ago. Yes, the bathroom is smaller than in a hotel in the suburbs, but it more than made up for that by being a well-designed space with more than ample water pressure and hot water. If you have business in downtown Louisville by all means, stay at the Seelbach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Paeonian Springs, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great old hotel. I should qualify that I like historic hotels and that ole' fashion-ness may not appeal to all. The room was huge and the bathroom very very tiny ( I don't know if every room is the same). Still - the beds were very cozy, the rooms quiet, the lobby pretty and the location favorable. The staff was eager to please and I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom in your particular room...my bathroom;s shower was maybe 3.5 square and the e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here with my mom and her good friend on October 4, 2013, for one night. I work for Hilton, and got a fabulous deal. However, this hotel is worth every penny one would pay.
I wanted to make sure that my mom and her friend, who would be arriving several hours before me, could check into my room, using my discount. David at the front desk worked so wonderfully with me over the phone, I faxed over a few bits of information, and the other girls were able to check in early, around 10am (working in a hotel, I can tell you that early checkin-ins can be difficult to accommodate)!!
We had a wonderful dinner, and followed up with drinks a few blocks away. Walking back, we walked through Fourth Street Live! One of the entrances sits about 500 feet away from the hotel. I wish that I had not had to be at work early the next morning in another city, as I would have had us all go out there! Our room was near Fourth Street Live, and we did not hear a single peep of noise. It was fabulous.
The decor is to-die-for. The owners have really done a great job of keeping the original feel of the hotel. The elevators are absolutely fabulous. If you get a chance to walk downstairs and check out the Rathskeller, it is one of the most interesting rooms (for wedding receptions, balls, etc.) you will ever see.
We would all return and would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Morgan R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a wedding this past weekend and really enjoyed staying that the Hilton Seelbach. It's convenient location downtown was a plus. They upgraded us to a corner room with a great view of the city and the concierge lounge, while small in size, was a welcomed addition. We had food each night and breakfast each morning, plus, much to my wife's pleasure, they had bottles of Italian soda in the lounge, she loved that! All in all, we'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Seelbach Hotel is one of the few grand hotels built in the early 20th century to remain open. Hilton has done a great job is preserving this amazing place for us to time travel back to 1908. Yet we also expect modern technology to be part of the experience, too. The HVAC system was so noisy, it became difficult to sleep. We turned off the A/C completely but an annoying hum remained. We changed rooms and it got worse in the next room. The room prices are expensive. They can do better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel, lobby, rooms! Room was a bit small, not much room for luggage. Excellent location - easy walk to many restaurants, KFC Yum Center, riverwalk, etc. Parking is pricey. Great bar and bar food. It is Kentucky so go for the bourbons!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Bloomington, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Seelbach. The Seelbach is well known to Kentuckians, and is a beautiful, nicely restored historic hotel. It boasts the only 5-star restaurant in Louisville (The Oak Room), and a very well-furnished bar. We didn't visit the Oak Room, and visited the bar only for the Sunday buffet (the bar serves double-duty, as a restaurant, I believe). Our room, a king, was on one of the concierge levels. The room, and the bathroom, were certainly serviceable and clean, though a bit cramped. This is not unusual at historic hotels, so I don't really count it against the hotel. The location is very convenient, especially in terms of nightlife and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple