Seelbach Hilton
$123
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Red Roof Inn Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$62
Breckinridge Inn(Louisville)
$79
$68
1,844 results
All reviewsseelbach barhistoric hotelgreat gatsbyal caponeexecutive floorscott fitzgeraldgrand staircaserooms are smallfourth street livegreat historybeautiful lobbydowntown louisvillethe concierge levelan older hotelhotel barcorner roomvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great Hotel for business and fun! Staff was excellent and very informative. The Oak Room restaurant was one of the best dining experiences I've had. The only 5 Diamond restaurant in KY. The location was within walking distance of a lot of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We didn't stay at the Seelbach while in Louisville but we did stop by as part of the Urban Bourbon Trail (which is an excellent marketing tactic by Lousiville! We had so much fun getting our passports stamped AND we got a free t-shirt and certificate at the end of it!) The Seelbach bar is quiet and dignified and the bartenders are extremely knowledgable and helpful. We stopped by for a second visit the next day because it was so nice. If we ever find ourselves in Louisville again, I would stay at the Seelbach based on the experience we had in their bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dynahthirst
Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you are a fan of historic hotels, as I am, this hotel is not to be missed. It is simply beautiful, overflowing with history. We had a great stay, ate in the fabulous Oakroom restaurant and had bourbon in the historic Old Seelbach bar. Although the surrounding area is lively and full of bars and restaurants, you never have to leave the property. The best place to stay in Louisville (with the Brown Hotel down the street a close second)!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank torino006
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Seelbach hotel is an old, old, old buildng situated right across the street from 4th Street Live. The location is great and the decor in the hotel is timeless.

I attended a conference at the hotel and was very glad I did. Despite the age of the building, the lobby, rooms, and hallways are up to date and spacious. The elevators work surprisingly fast, there are only two elevators serving 10 floors. I rarely had to wait more than minute for one.

The food from the room service wasn't the greatest. I was also a little sick at this time, so my appetite may not have been the greatest. But I purchased a bowl of chicken pasta for $20, ended up being $32 after taxes and tip applied. I would have expected better.

They have a high end restaurant in the lobby to (the Oaks I think). I didn't eat there because it was pricey for a meal (~$50/plate), but the sign said it was the only 5 diamond restaurant in Kentucky.

Cons: I had fruit flies in my room for some reason. That kind of stuff doesn't really bother me, and there were only a couple. There was also a beat up mini-refrigerator left outside of my room for a day or two. Not sure why it was there.

Overall, great hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ben D
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The Seelbach charms from the lobby, but rooms fall flat on their faces. Most of the are extremely small and a bit time worn. Bathrooms feel very standard, and are downright difficult to navigate. Don't plan on using a counter because there isn't one.

We stayed on the concierge level floor, and the concierge lobby was nice enough. Again, it was dated, but the offerings matched the value.

We also ran into problems with the AC. We could never cool our room under 74.

Stay at a more modern hotel and pop in to admire the grand stairway.

• Stayed: May 2013