My husband and I were in town for a wedding, and the reception was downstairs in the Rathskeller. Our room was reasonably priced as part of the wedding package arranged by the family of the bride.
Our king room was beautifully appointed. Of course, the bathroom was small and a bit awkward with a large step up to get into it--not unusual for a hotel built in the nineteenth century! The shower was great, though, and there was plenty of light.
We ate a quick lunch (tasty $5.00 hamburgers) in the Seelbach's bar after checking in. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious Sunday brunch with friends in the Oak Room. Service was excellent, and the buffet was as pretty as a photo from Bon Appetit magazine.
Every employee we came in contact with, from the hotel manager to the bell captain, was very friendly and anxious to please us.
If you stay here, just be aware of the $25 parking fee. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the valet to retrieve your car. When all the cars from the wedding showed up at the hotel simultaneously, there was a backup of vehicles waiting for valet parking that stretched two blocks behind us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Hilton Louisville