“Can't be last minute plan”
Review of Le Gallo Rosso - CLOSED

Le Gallo Rosso
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Highlands
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been a few times, but other times I have been turned away b/c I didn't have reservations. When it is 5pm and you are looking at an empty restaurant who states they can not accomodate you b/c of reservations, it is a bit disappointing. It is not my go to place for that reason. Food is good.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been several times, never disappoints. Love the old house with small rooms. Eggplant parm excellent! Good wine prices, just a good little restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Made last minute reservations for four. The food was amazing. We were the last customers to leave and they never even hinted they would like us to hurry our conversation along. Very pleasant surprise. Reasonably priced. Dinner for four without alcohol $75. Ravioli the size of pancakes. Generous proportions. Pleasant presentation. Victorian house for intimate seating.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The portions are very large with excellent flavor. Everything from the appetizer to the dessert was very good. The seating is intimate and spread out. Will visit again.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a secret gem in Louisville. Located in a small house, the atmosphere is quiet and charming, the food is the home cooked Italian. Service is great, portions are huge. Come hungry...the spaghetti and meatballs can be shared!